Thread: A REAL Chance to get a Libertarian in the House!

Talking A REAL Chance to get a Libertarian in the House!

Need some help here - need some strategy and advice to help this grassroots campaign in its last days...

Danny Bedwell is running against incumbent R-Alan Nunnelee. Nunnelee is recovering from brain tumor surgery and a stroke - and has yet to make a public appearance. He has an atrocious voting record, and helped fund Thad Cochran's campaign against Chris McDaniel. The Democrat candidate is a joke - his own party has asked him to bow out of the race!

Problems are: 1. NAME RECOGNITION! Everyone we talk to says they will vote for Bedwell when they hear he is running against Nunnelee. Nunnelee is not as well liked as he thinks he is.

2. People are highly likely to vote Party Line unless we get his name recognized.

3. MONEY - He needs dollars and cents people- he needs to get some radio and TV ads! This is a real chance to get the Minority spot in the House by one of our own, AND to show America we are indeed seeing a collapse of the two party system as we know it. This is a chance that Libertarians across the country need to jump in on and help!

4. Individuals willing to help. They will like his FB posts and that is about it. We need people wililng to WORK. How do we motivate them?

5. We need tea party support in NE Mississippi. It is the good ole bible belt and the Abortion issue and gay rights are a huge problem. They love liberty and state's rights but just can't see rights for everyone... Where are the Chris McDaniel supporters that are outraged!?!

Please follow Danny on FB and help spread his message and ask your friends to donate..

He is a wonderful man, awesome father, and smart business owner. My husband has known him for a couple years now. An opportunity like this cannot be wasted! Look at this about Nunnelee: http://www.clarionledger.com/story/o...vice/15535409/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...brain-surgery/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LP. Hahahaha.

WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY.

Good luck! Thanks for the heads-up.

Quote Originally Posted by lib3rtarian View Post
    LP. Hahahaha.
    -rep

if you didn't have anything positive to say..... maybe you should change your username.
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 09-17-2014 at 07:40 PM.

So, has there been any major movement since 2012?

http://ballotpedia.org/Danny_Bedwell

He got 1.2% of the vote then. And that was in a presidential year where independent turnout is higher. I'm not saying this is a lost cause, but I'd like to see some real potential.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    So, has there been any major movement since 2012?

http://ballotpedia.org/Danny_Bedwell

He got 1.2% of the vote then. And that was in a presidential year where independent turnout is higher. I'm not saying this is a lost cause, but I'd like to see some real potential.
    Don't wait for everyone else to do the heavy lifting for you. If you want to see some potential, get on board and help the guy get going.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Don't wait for everyone else to do the heavy lifting for you. If you want to see some potential, get on board and help the guy get going.
    I get it. But with limited resources, I want to put them where they can be of the most use. If this is one of those cases, I want to know about it.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    -rep

if you didn't have anything positive to say..... maybe you should change your username.
    Just FYI..I don't see any reps (positive or negative) since I have it blocked. So save your energy.

Plus, I just wanted to softly whisper this once again:

WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by lib3rtarian View Post
    Just FYI..I don't see any reps (positive or negative) since I have it blocked. So save your energy.
    Here let me help your vision:

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Supporting liberty candidates big and small serves as a rally point not just for this election cycle, but it builds connections for elections to come. Maybe we could only get 1% of the vote last season. This season we might inspire 5 or 10%. 10 years from now, building coalitions, building networks, building on previous success... we might just have a chance. At every election, in every district, for every office we need to support the boots we have on the ground.

Leveraging the incumbent's health issues and the lack of a qualified Democratic candidate gives us a unique set of circumstances to make inroads in this district.

This is a grace for the cause of liberty, we should make every effort to maximize the opportunity.

I am running for office so that I may go to Washington and fight. I will fight to force the federal government back within the confines of the Constitution and fight back against those that have systematically stripped us of our Constitutional rights. I will work to repeal unconstitutional legislation and halt out of control spending. In short, I want to go to Washington DC to regulate the federal government.

Send me to Washington, and I’ll regulate Washington, not the people.

I can endorse that!

“Do not separate text from historical background. If you do, you will have perverted and subverted the Constitution, which can only end in a distorted, bastardized form of illegitimate government.” –James Madison.

I am retired from military service. When I enlisted, I took an Oath to “protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic.” When I took that oath in 1977, I did not put an expiration date on it. That oath is still very much a part of me. As a matter of fact, it is my oath that compels me to run for office.

While in uniform, foreign enemies of the Constitution seemed easily detectable, but it took me a while to come to grasp what the founders meant by “domestic enemies of the Constitution”. Can a Congressman, a Supreme Court Justice or even a President be an enemy of the Constitution? Who, exactly, is a "domestic enemy," and how do we combat them? The answer is that all of these can qualify. I am truly saddened that I must protect and defend the Constitution from my own government, but I am bound by my oath to do so.

One way to defend the Constitution against these domestic enemies is to replace them with strict constitutionalists. I did not take an oath to obey the whim of the voters nor to uphold any court decision.

My oath is to the Constitution.
    I am unwavering in my stance on this.

I will vote in accordance with the Constitution, in every situation, in every case, without exception.

I love it.

“thou shall not steal…..even by majority vote”

When our nation was founded, the only methods of taxation were excises, imposts, and duties. Our Constitution took two long years to write. Every restriction that the founders put on the federal government was intentional and for good reason. They restricted taxation to excises, imposts, and duties because they were the only moral and just methods of taxation.

Excises, imposts and duties were indirect taxes levied on commerce or an activity, and as such, allowed an individual an avenue to “opt out” of paying them. If you do not want to pay the tax, simply do not export your cotton. If you do not want to pay the tax, do not buy the cheeseburger. If you don’t want to pay the tax, don’t build a railroad, etc….

The income tax is very different. The income tax is theft. It is the government saying, “I have a gun–give me your money”. We would not tolerate this from a thug on the street; yet, society considers it acceptable when government does it at their discretion. If you use force to take something that does not belong to you, it is theft.

It is theft, even if 535 members of Congress voted for it. It’s still theft even if nine unelected people in black robes uphold it. If you use force to take something that does not belong to you, it is theft. When the income tax was first implemented, government claimed that the theft was okay, because they did good things with the stolen money. They claimed that by stealing your money they could feed a hungry person, or provide shelter for the homeless. Over the last century, their justification for stealing your money has expanded to include such things as building roads and bridges in Mexico, and providing guns to drug cartels.

Politicians in every race claim that if they are elected they will steal less. Of course they don’t phrase it this way. They just proudly proclaim that they will provide tax cuts for the middle class, or adjust the tax brackets to be more fair and just. In order to turn this nation around, and make it once again the shining beacon on the hill, we must stop this theft. We must reject this notion of theft and stop rationalizing it to ourselves. It does not matter if you steal less than the other guy. If you take something that does not belong to you, it is theft, and there is no way around that.

Repeal the 16th Amendment, stop the theft, and then the IRS is no longer needed.

This guy needs to be Money Bombed.

Make no mistake. The second amendment was not placed into our Constitution to protect duck hunting or Olympic target shooting events. The second amendment was put into our Constitution so that the people will always have the means to

overthrow a tyrannical federal government.

-Danny Bedwell

May it never come to that.

Last edited by presence; 09-17-2014 at 07:48 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

LP membership in louisiana went from 4,000 in 2006 to 10,000 in 2014. not too bad considering most an-caps don't register to vote.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Oh, and I believe 5 libertarians are already elected victors in Louisiana as they had no one running against them.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Gregory King -Justice Of The Peace, Lincoln Parish, Ward 3, Louisiana
    Michael Riffe -Alderman, Sikes, Louisiana
    Randall Hayes -Alderman, Atlanta, Louisiana
    Henry Herford of Franklin, Constable for Justice of the Peace in District1
    Justin Bonnette Justice of the Peace Ward 6 in Vernon Parish.

Other Louisiana Libertarians who are looking good to win local elections:
    Libertarian Local Candidates:

• Troy G. Broussard for Judge of 1st Parish Court Division B in Jefferson Parish
    • Chad Bourgeois for School Board District 6B in Ascension Parish
    • Denise Landry Bruno for School Board District 6A in Ascension Parish
    • Chad Bourgeois for School Board District 6B in Ascension Parish
    • Jo Ann Scott for School Board District 7 in Jefferson Parish
    • Chad Ivery Perry for Justice of the Peace Ward 7 in Calcasieu Parish
    • Michael J. Vogt for Justice of the Peace Ward 6 in Plaquemines Parish
    • Martin Wade for Constable of District 4 in Lafourche Parish
    • Justin L. Licciardi for Constable Ward B in St Bernard Parish
    • Ryan Shinkle for Youngsville City Council Division A in Lafayette Parish
    • Matthew Thomassee for Youngsville City Council Div. B in Lafayette Parish
    • William McBride for Washington City Council District 3 in St Landry Parish

Supporting Member
    Florida

Blog Entries
    I've heard about Danny. I've been thinking about doing a blog post on him on Tumblr. Looks like I'll be busy this weekend. My focus really on getting a Libertarian in the House has really been in Florida CD-13, trying to oust Rep. David Jolly. It's a two-way race between him and the Libertarian Lucas Overby, and polls show there is hope here to be had. Lucas has been fighting hard for this one, and is getting a lot of support from both sides. We have a good chance here, but it's not for sure.

I'll help Danny to the best of my abilities, and I wish him good luck.

I'm sorry ! I thought my post was ignored!! I asked for this post to alert my email with replies and it didn't

I am watching a live campaign update right now. Join in and ask him his potential. Will be live next Thursday too if you miss it.

https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/story...1&ref=bookmark

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by mommaliberty View Post
    I'm sorry ! I thought my post was ignored!! I asked for this post to alert my email with replies and it didn't

I am watching a live campaign update right now. Join in and ask him his potential. Will be live next Thursday too if you miss it.

https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/story...1&ref=bookmark
    Is there any non facebook way to participate? Many of us here at RPF are vehemently anti facebook.

YES! This actually isn't a FB deal - the link was in the FB post. I will share the direct link in a new thread with the date

Thank you! And how do we get him money bombed!?!

If the choice is between a statist Republican and statist Democrat in your district, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't put a day or two a week working for the libertarian candidate if they were high quality. Even if you don't win, you can develop networks and send a message to the Republican party that only liberty candidates will receive enthusiasm. If you can get a large enough movement in the district, they may win.
    Find liberty candidates to support:
    http://www.candidates4liberty.com

Quote Originally Posted by jurgs01 View Post
    If the choice is between a statist Republican and statist Democrat in your district, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't put a day or two a week working for the libertarian candidate if they were high quality. Even if you don't win, you can develop networks and send a message to the Republican party that only liberty candidates will receive enthusiasm. If you can get a large enough movement in the district, they may win.
    I hope this approach will be useful as I dive into county politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016