Thread: Thomas Massie responds to top GOP leaders moving quickly to support Syria

Thumbs up Thomas Massie responds to top GOP leaders moving quickly to support Syria

"I don't think this plan is going to end well," Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.), a vocal antiwar libertarian, said Monday night. "A year ago this week, I received about 700 phone calls, telling me to oppose U.S. intervention in Syria. I think the public still does not support our involvement in the civil war in Syria. And for the administration, it seems to be more about deposing Assad than combating ISIS."

"The bigger question is, where is the liberal left?" Massie said, when asked about the lack of influence his libertarian bloc appears to have. "Will they support the president to get us involved in a civil war?"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...s-syria-plans/
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I really hate it when they put their spin jab labels into the sentences that they use, like: ""I don't think this plan is going to end well," Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.), a vocal antiwar libertarian, said Monday night."
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin