Thread: It can't happen to me? Authoritarian school becoming more prevalent?

It can't happen to me? Authoritarian school becoming more prevalent?

My niece was suspended today......for passing notes.

I know very little at this point, but apparently, my 11 year old niece passed a note saying she would like to cuss the teacher out. They consider this a threat, and suspended her. My mother (her legal guardian since my sister's death), is to call the principal tomorrow morning, and apparently set up a hearing.

Heads up, I am in Dothan, Alabama. So, if you hear about some redneck throwing a $#@! fit and getting in trouble for it.....at least you'll all know who it is.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Redneck Town or not, the level of Authoritarian Education will be in EVERY Public School in this country, and many private ones as well.

This, unforunately is EXACTLY what is taught in Schools. They dont teach Math, Reading, Science, or Arts. They teach Emotional Dependancy on Authority in ALL of its forms. Math and Science have become Topics of Discusson while teaching the Lesson of Authority.

Seven Lessons of a School Teacher
    http://www.newciv.org/whole/schoolteacher.txt

The guys name is John Taylor Gatto. I've seen a couple videos he has made on youtube, and they are ALL worth watching.

There may be a solution for you. Some of us here call it 'Unschooling', or some other form of that. Basically, we know we have to undo the tremendous damage that is being done to our children by the Public Indoctrination System while at the same time, truly Teaching our young citizens of tomorrow.

Never let Education stand in the way of Learning.

Yet, that is exactly what has happened. Education has become an obstacle to learning. Its like teaching someone how to do a job wrong, on purpose, then holding them accountable when they screw up, and doing it all as a big fat joke. We have the most expensive educational system in the world, yet we are DEAD LAST in the quality of that education. There is only one possible conclusion that should be arrived at. That conclusion must be that Education and Learning are NOT synonymous. Education has devolved into a form of Indoctrination, and the terms are practically interchangable. Learning is True Wisdom and every effort to prevent True Learning from happening will be made. Homeschoolers are demonized to an extreme degree. Sending children to these Indoctrination Centres is all but required by law under penalty of death. Educational Awards like Certificates and Diplomas are as worthless as the paper they are printed on. They do not reflect that a person has skills. They reflect that a person put up with a lot of bull$#@! and spent a lot of money on a really expensive piece of paper that does not reflect any form of True Wisdom enabled by Learning.

There is plenty of material in the Education Freedom forum.

How Higher Education in the US Was Destroyed in 5 Basic Steps
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-5-Basic-Steps

Just one example. And most of it will back up exactly what youre dealing with. Just be glad that your neice was not murdered by cops for her "behavior".
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

My sympathies, Intoxiklown. It's enough to make you want to hoist the black flag.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Math and Science have become Topics of Discusson while teaching the Lesson of Authority.

so true

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Look on the bright side. Your niece gets a few days release from state custody, and it gives you an opportunity to pitch homeschooling or online ed to the both of them.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Look on the bright side. Your niece gets a few days release from state custody, and it gives you an opportunity to pitch homeschooling or online ed to the both of them.
    This. If at all possible, save your niece - get her out of school.

Government schools are child abuse.

inmate 54321 got a write-up for not following rules and threatening a CO.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Government schools are child abuse.
    Indeed. Just creating more automatons.

As soon as your born they make you feel small
    by giving you no time instead of it all
    Till the pain is so big you feel nothing at all
    Working Class Hero is something to be

They hurt you at home and they hit you at school
    They hate you if you're clever and despise a fool
    Till you're so $#@!ing crazy you can't follow their rules

When they've tortured and scared you for 20 odd years
    then they expect you to pick a career
    When you can't really function you're so full of fear

Keep you doped with religion, sex and T.V.
    and you think you're so clever and classless and free
    but you're still $#@!ing peasants as far as I can see

There's room at the top I'm telling you still
    but first you must learn how to smile as you kill
    if you want to be like the folks on the hill

Yes , A Working Class Hero is something to be
    If you want to be a hero well just follow me
    If you want to be a hero well just follow me

How did things turn out for her?
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock