Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorority in Big Trouble after Taco Tuesday Event Deemed 'Racist'

Sorority in Big Trouble after Taco Tuesday Event Deemed 'Racist'

A sorority at California State University Fullerton is in serious trouble because it hosted a Taco Tuesday event where students wore “culturally insensitive attire” such as sombreros.

The school’s chapter of Alpha Delta Pi hosted the event on August 19 as part of recruitment. Ninety percent of attendees wore costumes, which also included sarapes and “in some cases, gang costumes,” according to an article in the Daily Titan, the school’s official newspaper.

The sorority claims it never asked people to wear costumes and that some had chosen on their own to do so. CSUF isn’t buying it, though, and has decided to take “serious sanctions” against every single member of the sorority, whether she attended or not.
    More:http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...THEON_STRIPPED

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Strange, I've seen Mexicans wear the same items and nobody said a thing.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Culturally insensitive?

I did not know Mexican clothes are offensive, live and learn I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

//

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

So much for celebrating diversity.

In addition, the sorority will have to take part in, and in some cases sponsor, diversity workshops and programs. As part of this requirement, ADPi must develop a cultural competency workshop that will be included in the new member education program each year. The chapter must coordinate a workshop for current members, which 93 percent of the sorority must attend.

The sorority’s members must attend a bystander intervention workshop, meant to encourage students to mention their concerns to their peers before an issue can develop.
    [...]
    ADPi will be required to develop and showcase a campaign in line with the “We’re a Culture, Not a Costume” program that began in 2011 at Ohio University. The program, which features posters of young people juxtaposed next to costumes portraying stereotypes of their ethnicity or culture, is meant to combat cultural stigmas portrayed through costumes.
    @@
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Vivir menos
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

On the bright side, this may turn some of these likely leftists in the sorority into conservatives. Yeah, wishful thinking...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Culturally insensitive?
    You obviously need re-education and conditioning, comrade. Reported.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

CSUF isn’t buying it, though, and has decided to take “serious sanctions” against every single member of the sorority, whether she attended or not.
    What kind of people punish the innocent for simply being somehow associated with the guilty?

Let's see. The movie Full Metal Jacket talked about that. So did the play and movie The Man in the Glass Booth. 'After that they'll do anything; no need to waste your energy twice' is a quote that sticks in my mind. A drill sergeant and a Nazi concentration camp officer.

Has anyone ever punished the innocent with the guilty for any reason other than tyrannical control?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    You obviously need re-education and conditioning, comrade. Reported.
    So you're telling me that I can't wear a poncho if I so desire it? Never mind that Clint Eastwood basically stole that Mexican article of clothing for his own cinematic legacy? LOL

I found one worthy of purchase. 320 smackeroos for movie authentic. I'm going to wear it on the UCSF campus in all my Caucasian glory. LOL

http://hollywoodprop.com/spaghettiponchos.htm

These kids parents are paying for this.........

Or maybe the state is?

Well at least they didn't get in trouble for the whole pink taco after party thing.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

So you're telling me that I can't wear a poncho if I so desire it?
    Everything you do or say will be evaluated by apparatchiks on the appropriate committee. They will determine whether you are to be praised, demonized or referred to the NSA and local Police for your subsequent arrest on trumped up charges. Have a nice day comrade!

So if tacos are apparently racist against hispanics, are hamburgers, hot dogs, and football racist against Americans?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    So if tacos are apparently racist against hispanics, are hamburgers, hot dogs, and football racist against Americans?
    American isn't a race.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

What if they did this on Cinco de Mayo?

Also, is this kind of thing much different from how people wear Green and get wasted on St. Patrick's Day? Or Oktoberfest?

Wouldnt that make Cinco de Mayo racist? What about St. Patricks Day? Would that be racist against Irish? Or 4th of July racist too? Or Christmas being racist against non christians? $#@! it, while Im out in La La Land (obviously) lets go even further! Monday is racist against people who like the Moon (or Lycanthropes / Werewolves) and Thursday is racist against the god Thor, and Sunday is racist against the Sun, and Wednesday (Woden, another God / Deity) is racist against Woden! Why not just say Taco Bell is racist, period! And Burger King is just as racist against Americans!

Divide and Conquer. Create controllable conflict where none exists. Validate the need of people on Govt.

---

Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    American isn't a race.
    Exactly. Its no different than saying something truly dumb like "Christopher Columbus invented America", or "Jesus Christ invented the Calendar". Youre right tho, we are a mix. And mexican does not mean hispanic either, but too often interpreted as such. Its that interpretation that allows people to be offended by a term like Mexican or American, but not usually Canadian. Racial application of non racial terms results from confusion of definitions. Yet, its still the same stragegy. Divide and Conquer. The division occurs by creating Sub Groups. Take a collecive of people and categorize half as this and the other half as that. Wash, rinse, repeat. Applying Labels to the Sub Groups helps to further the Divide and Conquer strategy which is only a further mantifestation of the Hegalian Dialect; Problem, Reaction, Solution.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

nationalreview.com :-/
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Well at least they didn't get in trouble for the whole pink taco after party thing.

I'm more into black I think

Ban tacos
    Ban tequila

My brain is going to explode if I have to keep hearing about this absolute over sensitivity.

So you're telling me that I can't wear a poncho if I so desire it? Never mind that Clint Eastwood basically stole that Mexican article of clothing for his own cinematic legacy? LOL
    Yep, the military is going to have to replace most of it's rain gear.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was planning on going to this...OMG... Am i racist!?!?

Last edited by Mani; 09-16-2014 at 10:22 PM.

Im sorry were you expecting more from commiefornia?
    A society that places equality before freedom with get neither; A society that places freedom before equality will yield high degrees of both

Make a move and plead the 5th because you can't plead the 1st

California was actually better before the US took it , I am all for giving it back in pre 1848 condition. Those pussies should have fought harder at the Battle of Le Mesa .

Mexicans around here mostly dress like cowboys.

Anything that a white person does will and can be deemed racist...

By other white people.

#WeAreFucked
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Every time someone speaks of "cultural appropriation," my faith in humanity dies a little.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast