Thread: NFL Tells RGIII Not To Wear 'Jesus' Shirt For Press Conference

NFL Tells RGIII Not To Wear 'Jesus' Shirt For Press Conference

I'm sure if the shirt had celebrated the god of the state there'd have been no problem at all. Maybe a formation of fighter jets $#@!ting out contrails of red white and blue.

Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III was reportedly told by an NFL uniform inspector not to wear his “Know Jesus, Know Peace” t-shirt before Sunday’s postgame press conference.
    http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/...ss-conference/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yet another reason to avoid anything NFL like the plague.

Is it just me, or are more and more outlets disabling comments? Actual public opinion too embarrassing for the M$M?

heres a BIG FU to the no fun league!
    what an excellent MORAL example!
    beat girl=ok
    stab people=ok

be AROUND pot= no-go
    like teh JESUS= no-ok

and they pretend to be "role models"???

4 WHAT!??!

WELL AT LEAST WE KNOW WHERE THEY STAND
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

I really wanted to read comments on that article. it would be fascinating to learn where the 'general public' stands on this.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Is it just me, or are more and more outlets disabling comments? Actual public opinion too embarrassing for the M$M?
    Check again.

click the view comments tab.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I haven't paid attention to NFL, NBA, MLB, etc for many years. Don't most of the athletes wear religious jewelry regularly (crucifix necklaces, etc)? IIRC, it used to be common.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by robert68 View Post
    Check again.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    click the view comments tab.
    that tab may not be enabled for the mobile site, and they give no option to display the full site. I will keep looking. :-/

Nope. Definitely no comments on the mobile version, and no way to switch to full.

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    heres a BIG FU to the no fun league!
    what an excellent MORAL example!
    beat girl=ok
    stab people=ok

be AROUND pot= no-go
    like teh JESUS= no-ok

and they pretend to be "role models"???

4 WHAT!??!

WELL AT LEAST WE KNOW WHERE THEY STAND

Don't forget, it's very likely that Ray Lewis is a cold-blooded murderer, yet they made a bronze statue of him outside an NFL stadium.

$10 BILLION / year

NON-PROFIT NFL JINGOISM PROPAGANDA CIRCUS
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

If he doesn't like it he can always get a job playing football somewhere else. Employer rights and such. Blah, blah, blah.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    If he doesn't like it he can always get a job playing football somewhere else. Employer rights and such. Blah, blah, blah.
    Interesting the things people choose to be angered and outraged about, isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Yeah it's not you. Comment sections are being eliminated all over the place. You're not missing much in the comment section of that article though. Typical left/right paradigm crap and muslim bashing, etc.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

They are not allowed to wear clothing with personal messages in the postgame press conference. It's part of their contract with Nike, but guys are always trying to get around it. The NFL is definitely more strict on the rule with high-profile players like RGIII. It probably didn't help that the lettering is done in a similar fashion as some Nike t-shirts.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    They are not allowed to wear clothing with personal messages in the postgame press conference. It's part of their contract with Nike, but guys are always trying to get around it. The NFL is definitely more strict on the rule with high-profile players like RGIII. It probably didn't help that the lettering is done in a similar fashion as some Nike t-shirts.
    I actually thought it was a Nike shirt before I read what it said.

Yeah, it doesn't seem like it has to do with that specific message, just the rule against personal messages in general.

“Throughout the period on game-day that a player is visible to the stadium and television audience (including in pregame warm-ups, in the bench area, and during postgame interviews in the locker room or on the field), players are prohibited from wearing, displaying, or otherwise conveying personal messages either in writing or illustration, unless such message has been approved in advance by the League office.”
    Also the part about them only being allowed to wear Nike:

In December 2012, Griffin was fined $10,000 by the league for wearing Adidas at his postgame press conference.
    The NFL has always been really strict with their dress code.

Frank Gore was fined $10,500 for wearing his socks too low in this game:

And Brian Urlacher was fined $100,000 for wearing a VitaminWater hat during Super Bowl media day:

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Moon View Post
    I actually thought it was a Nike shirt before I read what it said.

Yeah, it doesn't seem like it has to do with that specific message, just the rule against personal messages in general.

Also the part about them only being allowed to wear Nike:

The NFL has always been really strict with their dress code.

Frank Gore was fined $10,500 for wearing his socks too low in this game:

And Brian Urlacher was fined $100,000 for wearing a VitaminWater hat during Super Bowl media day:

Yep. This had nothing to do with religion.

Remember Tebowmania from a few years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    I haven't paid attention to NFL, NBA, MLB, etc for many years. Don't most of the athletes wear religious jewelry regularly (crucifix necklaces, etc)? IIRC, it used to be common.
    When I played Soccer , jewelry was forbidden , but I wore a necklace while playing football , running track , cross country and playing baseball.

What's the issue here? Nike conference. Not Nike shirt.

People making something out of nothing.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

My grandfather always used to grumble that he wouldn't watch a bunch of so called men get paid millions to play a kids game.

When I was young, I thought that was a pretty unpatriotic way to think against the city of St. Louis. You don't diss the Cardinals.

I've turned into the same grumpy old man.
    Last edited by RJB; 09-17-2014 at 01:55 PM.

(the) NFL is nothing other than a corporatist appendage of the Warfare State. - Will Grigg

Yet another reason to avoid anything NFL like the plague.
    Would Appointing a War Criminal as Commissioner Redeem the NFL?

William Norman Grigg

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/...edeem-the-nfl/

Former NFL star Ray Rice pleaded guilty of abusing a woman whom he later married, and was fired by the League after a video of the crime was made public.

Former Secretary of State Condolezza Rice was an architect of an illegal war of aggression that resulted in the slaughter of a half-million people, the displacement of millions more, trillions of dollars in debt, and the creation of a nihilistic terrorist group that has now been designated our existential threat du jour. She is a war criminal who remains impenitent despite abundant proof of the crimes to which she is a party.

The NFL is seeking to rehabilitate its public reputation amid accumulating scandals. This inspired Beltway scribe Susan Milligan to propose that the League could redeem itself by replacing “one Rice with another” – that is, firing incumbent NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and hiring War Criminal Condi Rice as his successor.

Stalin famously said that one death is a tragedy, but a million deaths is a statistic. In contemporary America, one domestic violence incident in which the victim survived constitutes a career-ending scandal, but helping to orchestrate the murder of 500,000 foreigners is a glorious patriotic accomplishment.

Installing Rice as NFL Commissioner would usefully demolish any pretense that the NFL is something other than a corporatist appendage of the Warfare State.

Of course the NFL is pro-war. It's a sport for real men.

War metaphors galore.

Didn't George Carlin cover this with his Football vs Baseball bit?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.