• Follow Me—Matthew 4:19
    • Rejoice when you are persecuted for following Jesus—Matthew 5:12
    • Let Your Light Shine by good deeds—Matthew 5:16
    • Teach God’s Law given Moses & the Prophets—Matthew 5:17–18
    • Do Not Be Angry with your brother--Matthew 5:21-22
    • Do Not Insult Others By Calling Them Fools--Matthew 5:22
    • Be Reconciled with the one you offended—Matthew 5:24–25
    • Do Not Covet A Married Woman—Matthew 5:27–28
    • Repent from sin by cutting off the temptation, or go to hell---Matt 5:29-30
    • Keep Your Word—Matthew 5:37
    • Do Not Relatiate Against Evil Persons Who Strike You--Matthew 5:38-39
    • Sacrifice Beyond What Others Demand You Give—Matthew 5:38–42
    • Love Your Enemies—Matthew 5:44
    • Pray For Those Who Persecute You---Matthew 5:44
    • Be Perfect—Matthew 5:48
    • Give In Secret And Not Where Others Can See You Giving—Matthew 6:1–4
    • Do Not Pray Alone In Public Where Others Can See You--Matthew 6:5-6
    • Do Not Pray Repetitious Prayers--Matthew 5:7-8
    • Do Not Lay Up Treasures on Earth (that Sacrifice Treasures in Heaven)—Matthew 6:19–20
    • Seek Above All God’s Kingdom, and God will provide materially—Matthew 6:33
    • Do Not Judge By Standards You Cannot Meet—Matthew 7:1-3
    • Do Not Cast Pearls Before Mockers Who Are Not Listening—Matthew 7:6
    • Be Persistent in Prayer - Ask, Seek, and Knock—Matthew 7:7–8
    • Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You—Matthew 7:12
    • Choose the Narrow Way That Leads to Life—Matthew 7:13–14
    • Beware of False Prophets Who Have Signs & Wonders But Work Lawlessness / Negation of the Law given Moses—Matthew 7:15
    • Pray God Sends Co-Laborers To Spread Good News—Matthew 9:38
    • Be Wise as Serpents—Matthew 10:16
    • Fear God, Not Man—Matthew 10:26
    • Take My Yoke (Training) Upon You (Obey)—Matthew 11:29
    • Honor Your Parents (means Support in Poverty)—Matthew 15:4
    • Beware The Pharisees (Minimizing Law to Tithing and Commands that "make of non-effect" the Law given Moses)—Matthew 16:6; 23:23;15:6
    • Deny Yourself, Take Up Your Cross & Follow Me—Luke 9:23
    • Repent From Sin And Turn in Deep Sorrow For Justification--Luke 18:9-14
    • Despise Not Little Ones—Matthew 18:10
    • Go to Offenders And Confront Over Sin—Matthew 18:15
    • Beware of Covetousness—Luke 12:15
    • Forgive Offenders—Matthew 18:21–22
    • Stay Married Unless God Allows Separation For Adultery—Matthew 19:6; 5:31-32
    • Never Seek To Rule Over Other Believers—Matthew 20:26–28
    • Be A People Producing Fruit, Or You Will Not Receive the Kingdom--Matthew 21:4
    • Invite To Meals The Poor, Lame, etc.—Luke 14:12–14
    • Render to Caesar What Belongs to Caesar—Matthew 22:19–21
    • Render to God What Belongs to God--Matthew 22:19-21
    • Love the Lord—Matthew 22:37–38
    • Love Your Neighbor—Matthew 22:39
    • Await My Return; Do Not Listen To Imposters in the Wilderness or Private Places Saying It Is Me; My Return Will Be Universally Seen—Matthew 24:5-6, 42–4
    • Be "Alive Again" / "Born Again" - Like the Prodigal Who Repented from Sin and Headed Back to the Father—John 3:7; Luke 15:11-32
    • If You Love Me, Keep My Commandments—John 14:15
    • Watch and Pray—Matthew 26:41
    • Feed My Sheep—John 21:15–16
    • Baptize My Disciples—Matthew 28:19
    • Teach The Nations (Gentiles) All That I Have Commanded--Matthew 28:19
    • Receive God’s Power—Luke 24:49
    • Make Disciples—Matthew 28:20

http://www.jesuswordsonly.com/books/...-of-jesus.html

Other Websites on Jesus' Commands
    Teachings of Jesus in His Words
    300 Commands of Jesus
    One Disciple to Another - extracts commands one by one from beginning to end of NT Gospels & Revelation
    Other Websites on Jesus' Teachings
    Waeshal.com - winsome and works in early commentaries
    Red Letter New Testaments Worthy of Reading
    Phillips Translation -- red letter

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    whats your point?
    Ephesians 2:8-9-

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin007 View Post
    whats your point?
    One of my recurring comments is that Jesus told his followers what to do and how to live. Why do so many millions of them not follow the commands/orders that their beloved Lord and Savior, Son of God gave to them?

All the point I got. Is more required?
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 09-16-2014 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    One of my recurring comments is that Jesus told his followers what to do and how to live. Why do so many millions of them not follow the commands/orders that their beloved Lord and Savior, Son of God gave to them?

and do you follow those commandments?

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

and do you follow those commandments?
    Yes, some of them. I'm not a Christian. I just like Jesus.

How about you?

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” -- Mahatma Gandhi
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 09-16-2014 at 05:00 PM.

I try but I know I will fail. I'm not a law-keeper like some. We cannot save ourselves.

I try but I know I will fail. I'm not a law-keeper like some. We cannot save ourselves.
    Are we lost?

Are we lost?
    yes we all are lost.

We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all. (Is 53:6)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    yes we all are lost.

We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all. (Is 53:6)

I'm not Jewish either.

"This Earth is not my home. I'm just passing through."

whats your point?
    Why the animosity? He just posted a list of commands with no judgment. It's always good to get a reminder. For all the trash I usually talk against Ronin, I actually gave him a positive rep for this.

so only Jews have gone astray?

so only Jews have gone astray?
    If I'm not Jewish and not Christian, then why would I care or have any concern at all about anything Isaiah had to say about anything? I'm just exactly as concerned about Zeus comments, etc..

If I'm not Jewish and not Christian, then why would I care or have any concern at all about anything Isaiah had to say about anything? I'm just exactly as concerned about Zeus comments, etc..
    http://blog.biblia.com/2014/04/which...us-quote-most/

Ronin, maybe hes telling you to read the bible?

OK??
    If you concern yourself with what Jesus said, then you must concern yourself with what Isaiah said.

Jesus quoted him on multiple occasions. Even calling his words a fulfilled prophecy.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

All authority in Heaven and on Earth belongs to Jesus. It isn't only some special group of followers of his who are obligated to obey his commands. He calls everyone to follow and obey him.

So while you want only to ask other people why they fail to live up to Jesus's demands, you should also ask yourself the same thing with the knowledge that one day you will see him face to face, and bow your knee and call him Lord, and he will judge you.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    All authority in Heaven and on Earth belongs to Jesus. It isn't only some special group of followers of his who are obligated to obey his commands. He calls everyone to follow and obey him.

So while you want only to ask other people why they fail to live up to Jesus's demands, you should also ask yourself the same thing with the knowledge that one day you will see him face to face, and bow your knee and call him Lord, and he will judge you.
    And any day now ISIS is going to storm across the Texas border like a swarm of locusts. We better get droned up pronto.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post

Perhaps. You may just be right. I'll jump off that bridge when I come to it. I thought that Jesus was here mainly for the Jews. Have you been reading Paul again?

The main difference to me seems to be, that I'm not going around bragging about my "Christianity" and how much I love and follow Jesus.
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 09-16-2014 at 10:41 PM.

Perhaps. You may just be right. I'll jump off that bridge when I come to it.

The main difference to me seems to be, that I'm not going around bragging about my "Christianity" and how much I love and follow Jesus.
    Who do you see "bragging"? That's one of the things Jesus, the Psalmist, and others tell us not to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Ronin, maybe hes telling you to read the bible?
    This is Taoism week, maybe later. I'll pencil that in on my schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Who do you see "bragging"? That's one of the things Jesus, the Psalmist, and others tell us not to do.
    Lot's of folks, ALL OF THE TIME. Maybe they're just as good at obeying the Psalmist and others as they are at obeying Jesus.

Lot's of folks, ALL OF THE TIME. Maybe they're just as good at obeying the Psalmist and others as they are at obeying Jesus.
    Natch. I thought you were singling out members of this forum.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. (Gal 6:14)

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Natch. I thought you were singling out members of this forum.
    Nah, I'm totally an equal opportunity curmudgeon, cynic and grouch.

May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. (Gal 6:14)
    I read just the other day that the cross and the crucification became the symbols of Christianity from the Romans. Prior to that the resurrection had been the main focal point. Who knew? Kinda fits, when you stop and think about it. We did that.

Quote Originally Posted by staerker View Post
    If you concern yourself with what Jesus said, then you must concern yourself with what Isaiah said.

Jesus quoted him on multiple occasions. Even calling his words a fulfilled prophecy.
    See, that's just the thing. It starts out simple and the first thing you know folks are complicating things and handing down new rules to be followed. Who needs it? I much prefer simple.

I never cease to be amazed at mankind's ability to take a basically good idea, and to SCREW IT UP!

I read just the other day that the cross and the crucification became the symbols of Christianity from the Romans. Prior to that the resurrection had been the main focal point. Who knew? Kinda fits, when you stop and think about it. We did that.
    I'm fairly sure the cross/crucifix originated in Byzantium a few centuries before the Romans adopted Christianity. Don't quote me on that, though.

I'm fairly sure the cross/crucifix originated in Byzantium a few centuries before the Romans adopted Christianity. Don't quote me on that, though.
    OK! Another Satanic state, same empire, who woulda thought?

FWIW http://micheletravis.hubpages.com/hu...ome-Christians

See, that's just the thing. It starts out simple and the first thing you know folks are complicating things and handing down new rules to be followed. Who needs it? I much prefer simple.

I never cease to be amazed at mankind's ability to take a basically good idea, and to SCREW IT UP!
    Huh? I don't know about 'rules,' but Jesus 'screwed it up,' according to you, not mankind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast