Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cenk Uygur Would ‘Lay Money on Rand Paul Being the Next President’

Cenk Uygur Would ‘Lay Money on Rand Paul Being the Next President’

Cenk Uygur Would ‘Lay Money on Rand Paul Being the Next President’

by Josh Feldman | 11:50 pm, September 15th, 2014

The Young Turks’ Cenk Uygur rarely has kind words for Republicans, but on Monday he said he would be willing to bet money that Rand Paul would beat Hillary Clinton and win the presidency in 2016.

Uygur credited Paul as a “voice of reason” on fighting ISIS, in contrast to Clinton’s hawkishness. He agreed that “our invasion of Iraq in the first place and all of the other bombings we’ve done in the Middle East… has in fact led to the rise of ISIS.”

And if it’s a choice between Paul saying that and Clinton’s foreign policy in two years, well, Uygur thinks the answer’s obvious:

read more:
    http://www.mediaite.com/online/cenk-...ext-president/
    Last edited by jct74; 09-15-2014 at 10:18 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does he know that Rand supports military action against ISIS?

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    yes, watch the whole video.

Surprised that Uygur supported the Libya intervention as destabilizing Libya (nonwithstanding Iraq invasion AND everything that came before it) is what enabled Syria to devolve into absolute chaos and ISIS to gain a foothold.

That said, good to have him on board. Uygur's base is fervent and super active/vocal in most of the core lefty forums/blogs/sub-reddits/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by WD-NY View Post
    Surprised that Uygur supported the Libya intervention as destabilizing Libya (nonwithstanding Iraq invasion AND everything that came before it) is what enabled Syria to devolve into absolute chaos and ISIS to gain a foothold.

That said, good to have him on board. Uygur's base is fervent and super active/vocal in most of the core lefty forums/blogs/sub-reddits/etc.
    Progressives aren't really anti-war.

I just don't know how Hillary can win... Only way she can win is if they go for "OMG OMG OMG are you excited for potentially the first female president in the USA??! OMFG YOLO SWAG". And you know she has a good chance of winning unless there is like an Asian guy or a gay person or some kind of novelty candidate showing up.

I don't want to generalize, but I think the majority of Americans vote based on look, gender, race, religion and other shallow reasons. It worries me.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    I just don't know how Hillary can win... Only way she can win is if they go for "OMG OMG OMG are you excited for potentially the first female president in the USA??! OMFG YOLO SWAG".
    Yeah, well...that's probably exactly what's going to happen.

It's too bad Rand isn't black/latino/gay/asian.

Yes. He acknowledges it at 3:17 in the video.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    Progressives aren't Progressive leadership isn't really anti-war.
    FIFY. It's just like conservative rank and file might be fiscally conservative but the leadership is not.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    yes, watch the whole video.
    He might not know that Rand wouldn't bomb Syria over the objections of Assad. That's an important distinction that I wish Rand would make more.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

He must have a lot more trust in our electoral process than I do.

cool stuff.

btw, how is "Cenk Uygur" pronounced?
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
    cool stuff.

btw, how is "Cenk Uygur" pronounced?
    "Jenk Uy-grr"

something like that

I just don't know how Hillary can win... Only way she can win is if they go for "OMG OMG OMG are you excited for potentially the first female president in the USA??! OMFG YOLO SWAG". And you know she has a good chance of winning unless there is like an Asian guy or a gay person or some kind of novelty candidate showing up.

I don't want to generalize, but I think the majority of Americans vote based on look, gender, race, religion and other shallow reasons. It worries me.

Of course they do. Rand can't beat Hillary without a female and/or minority running mate.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Of course they do. Rand can't beat Hillary without a female and/or minority running mate.
    Yes he can.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    Yes he can.
    If you believe that then you have no clue how elections work.

Most voters are low information voters. They will vote for the first woman president just to have the first woman president regardless of her policy or qualifications. Just like they elected the first black president regardless of his inexperience.

The masses have to be fed something to counter Hillary. Give them a minority female VP and Rand might have a fighting chance.

Most voters are low information voters. They will vote for the first woman president just to have the first woman president regardless of her policy or qualifications. Just like they elected the first black president regardless of his inexperience.

The masses have to be fed something to counter Hillary. Give them a minority female VP and Rand might have a fighting chance.
    Most presidential elections are won from the middle, I think Rand is more favorable to indies than Hilary
    A society that places equality before freedom with get neither; A society that places freedom before equality will yield high degrees of both

Make a move and plead the 5th because you can't plead the 1st

Wow, the section of that clip from 1:46 to about 2:25 is absolutely hilarious!!! (and awesome!).
    Reflect the Light!

I don't know what to think about Cenk. He's so painfully liberal in all the worst ways. But he seems like sort of a straight shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    I don't know what to think about Cenk. He's so painfully liberal in all the worst ways. But he seems like sort of a straight shooter.
    He is a true, honest, liberal. He stands out from the rest because he doesn't try to put a spin on everything - he just says it like he sees it and give credit/discredit where he sees fit without regard to political party affiliation.
    I'm not a fan of his. He is wrong on more things than he is right about. But I still have respect for him being principled.

His commentaries will be VERY interesting to listen to if Rand is the nominee.

He was one of the few that led me ideologically to Ron Paul, and beyond. I like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    Progressives aren't really anti-war.
    Because without war, how else would the rest of the world come to know how awesome and forward-thinking their ideals are?

Agreed. He's a progressive, but he isn't on Team Blue. He doesn't let politics stand in the way of his philosophy, which he is frank about. I can respect that. It is OK to hold views that we disagree with. I have no issue there. The problem is when a desire for power forces someone to be hypocritical and to look like an absolute ass. Cenk doesn't really do that.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The media is working on it. There's a new tv series about to come out titled "Madam Secretary". http://m.imdb.com/title/tt3501074/

Elections have been won without a minority or a female candidate. 2016 will be the exact same way. Just because Obama won doesn't mean now everything will have to be more minority oriented.

Quote Originally Posted by dillo View Post
    Most presidential elections are won from the middle, I think Rand is more favorable to indies than Hilary
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    Elections have been won without a minority or a female candidate. 2016 will be the exact same way. Just because Obama won doesn't mean now everything will have to be more minority oriented.

Historically, yes presidential elections have been won by centrist white males.

But America is changing. Two white men probably can't win again. When presented with a chance to elect a minority, the low information voters did so, when presented with a chance to elect a woman, they will.

Just because you follow politics and know politicians positions doesn't mean everyone does. The average voter thinks about it once every 1-4 years for a few minutes and pulls a lever. They want to "make history" with a female president more than they care about policy or even party.

But America is changing. Two white men probably can't win again. When presented with a chance to elect a minority, the low information voters did so, when presented with a chance to elect a woman, they will.
    This seems to be the conventional wisdom today. I find it ridiculous. People insist this is true because they wish it were. But it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    "Jenk Uy-grr"

something like that
    Thanks!

Is the "Uy" pronounced "oo-ee" or "you-ee" or "wee" or ??
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
    Thanks!

Is the "Uy" pronounced "oo-ee" or "you-ee" or "wee" or ??
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A3JBT34EXQ

Just found this video. Wasn't too sure myself but apparently it's "you"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast