Thread: School Installs Biometric Fingerprint System For Cafeteria

School Installs Biometric Fingerprint System For Cafeteria

http://news.slashdot.org/story/14/09...-for-cafeteria

Stourbridge students will soon be able to pay for their lunch without searching their pockets for change. Redhill School has spent £20,000 updating its dining facilities and introducing a cashless catering system. The system will allow parents to deposit funds into students catering accounts, to be debited by the pupil's biometric fingerprint scan at the point of sale. Headteacher Stephen Dunster said: "The benefits are that pupils are less likely to lose cash, parents know their children are using their dinner money to buy nutritious food and there will also be a system to alert staff if students are purchasing food that they may be allergic to."
    They may not be able to convince us that all this surveillance is just fine for some adults, but they will do everything in their power to psychologically condition the children to expect it. The result is that if people have any sort of privacy, they will be terrified of having it. Oh no, if something happens to me, no one will know about it! It is the same thing as people literally developing a fear of Freedom. And fear leads to anger, yes, thats Star Wars speak, but there is a point. Once people literally fear privacy and freedom, they will begin to hate it, and demand that someone take it all away from them. Thats when the Tyrants step in and say "wish granted".
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This, coupled with outlawing packing your own lunch (since someone could be allergic), means you literally are at their mercy if you want to eat. I don't doubt some private schools would do this as well. Another mark in favor of home or community schooling, or at least excusing your child from school every day at lunch.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Once people literally fear privacy and freedom, they will begin to hate it, and demand that someone take it all away from them. Thats when the Tyrants step in and say "wish granted".
    Amazing how well that works.

The schools in the county here (in the backwoods) have had fingerprint systems to pay for lunches for over 7 years ago.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin