Thread: Samsung SGR-A1 Robot Sentry Is One Cold Machine

Samsung SGR-A1 Robot Sentry Is One Cold Machine

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2014/09/sam...-cold-machine/

A Samsung Group subsidiary has worked on a robot sentry that they call the SGR-A1, and this particular robot will carry a fair amount of weapons that ought to make you think twice about crossing the borders of South Korea illegally – as it has been tested out at the demilitarized zone along the border over with its neighbor, North Korea. The SGR-A1 will be able to detect intruders with the help of machine vision (read: cameras), alongside a combination of heat and motion sensors.

The whole idea of the Samsung SGR-A1 is to let this military robot sentry do the work of its human counterparts over at the demilitarized zone at the South and North Korea border, so that there will be a minimal loss of life on the South Korean side just in case things turn sour between the two neighbors.

First announced in 2006 (where obvious improvements have been made since, and I am not surprised if much of it remained as classified information), this $200,000, all weather, 5.56 mm robotic machine gun also sports an optional grenade launcher. It will make use of its IR and visible light cameras to track multiple targets and remains under the control of a human operator from a remote location. Basically, it claims to be able to “identify and shoot a target automatically from over two miles (3.2 km) away.” Scary! When used on the DMZ, this robot will not distinguish between friend or foe – anyone who crosses the line is deemed as an enemy.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pappy,I have found you at last!The family resemblance is unmistakable.

You have 20 seconds to comply....
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

And I, for one, welcome our new Robot Overlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Don't blame me; I voted for Kodos!

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    At least robot overlords wouldn't disrespect us, lie to us, destroy documents, work for self-enrichment, give a $#@! about contempt of robot, etc. It would be the most honest, level-headed government ever seen. If they have reason to kill you they'll do it unceremoniously.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon