Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gawker: If You are a White Woman, Let Black People Steal Your Phone

Gawker: If You are a White Woman, Let Black People Steal Your Phone

http://thepunditpress.com/2014/09/15...al-your-phone/

Quote Originally Posted by Pundit Press
    In quite possibly the worst article written in Gawker history, whose headlines are so terrible that the words "sorry," "no," and "yes" were banned, Jordan Sargent explained that white women should allow themselves to be mugged by black people.

No, this is not an exaggeration. Sargent literally began his article, "On Friday, a white lady named Clara Vondrich had her iPhone stolen..." Ms. Vondrich then chased down her mugger, a thirteen-year-old black teenager, which Sargent said was a "s**tty" thing to do.

Sargent also repeatedly put quotations around the word "crime," as if stealing an iPhone from someone is not a crime. Why do this? Because, as Sargent explains, white women should learn their place and just let black people steal from them.

He explains that the kid "has enough problems" as it is. Because of his weight, Ms. Vondrich said she was able to catch up to her robber. "Have a heart," Sargent begs. The poor, poor robber is facing charges and now, "kids at school will definitely make fun of him endlessly for being caught from behind by a white lady wearing zany sunglasses." That poor kid! If only he had stolen from an old woman, he would have gotten away.

Finally, the article ends with possibly the worst advice I have heard in my entire life: "If you are nonviolently mugged by a child, continue to let him run along with his friends. The world will be a better place."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Onion...gotta be.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Onion...gotta be.
    Close, Gawker.
    Summum Jus, Summa Iniuria - More Law, Less Justice

A race bait thread? Golly gee, I'm so surprised.
    "There never was a good war or a bad peace." ~ Benjamin Franklin

I don't think the ladies will buy that, Gawker double standard political correctness take way to far.
    Last edited by William Tell; 09-15-2014 at 03:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Snew View Post
    A race bait thread? Golly gee, I'm so surprised.

I don't care if the kid is black white or purple. You steal my $#@! Ima hunt yo ass, whatever its color. Good for her, I'd a made sure I got his picture too if the cops weren't there yet.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Oh come on, it's not like those rich white folks can't afford to donate a phone to some poor black kid. They can always get another one.

Ever heard of reverse racism?

Yeah, well, soon that'll be old news and we'll be on to reverse slavery. That's basically where all this is headed. White people walking down the street like vending machines for all the poor black kids and nobody cares. It's a mad world.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I actually looked up the original article. To be fair, it wasn't actually saying to let black people steal your phone. What it was saying is that if the phone is already gone, don't get the kid into the press or have him arrested for grand larceny. Debatable, sure, but not nearly as stupid as its being portrayed as.

Ultimately, I blame the "just-us" system for the fact that its very likely going to ruin the 13 year old boy's life, and the woman still doesn't get compensated for the phone.

The justice system didn't ruin this kids life, he did by being a thief. An argument could also be made that his parents (parent?) ruined his life by lack of parenting.

If the kid was brought up properly this wouldn't have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    The justice system didn't ruin this kids life, he did by being a thief. An argument could also be made that his parents (parent?) ruined his life by lack of parenting.

If the kid was brought up properly this wouldn't have happened.
    I agree that he's also to blame for his own actions. But let's think proportionally here.

Based on OT Mosaic* (Theocratic) justice, he should have had to pay 2-5 times (depending on what item existing in 1500BC an i-phone is considered comparable to) the value of what he stole to the victim, and then he would have been allowed to move on with his life. The victim would be made whole, she'd benefit, and the thief would have the opportunity to "steal no more" and live a productive life.

In modern secular "enlightened" justice, this young man will very likely be incarcerated, will very likely have a criminal record for the rest of his life, and the woman who was victimized isn't even compensated for her phone. This doesn't benefit the woman in any way, doesn't even make her whole, and the thief gets marginalized forever.

Yes, he's responsible for his actions. The parents may or may not be to blame for lack of parenting. And really, we shouldn't be blaming the woman for calling the police either. I do blame the thief for stealing. I blame him for the loss of the i-pod. But I blame the government for the fact that he'll potentially have his life ruined because of stupid, disproportionate policies.

*I don't support implementing all elements of Mosaic Law today. My views on so called "victimless crimes" have been stated here plenty of times. But I definitely think that a system that is HARSHER than the OT theocracy is absolutely draconian, especially in a supposed "Christian nation." Of course, most modern Christians are too busy being indignant at the prospect of legalized gay marriage and (sometimes) giving people the right to choose to poison their own bodies with marijuana, to even care about issues like this.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I actually looked up the original article. To be fair, it wasn't actually saying to let black people steal your phone. What it was saying is that if the phone is already gone, don't get the kid into the press or have him arrested for grand larceny. Debatable, sure, but not nearly as stupid as its being portrayed as.
    That's exactly how it's being portrayed, you're just using nice sounding words to describe telling whitey to allow himself (or herself) to be robbed by the poor oppressed black chidd-run.

Look, if you're ate up with white guilt then give your $#@! to blacks, be my guest. Leave me and my $#@! alone.
    Last edited by JustinTime; 09-16-2014 at 05:34 AM.

Probably thought he was "getting over." Thing is, he "got over" on himself.

Writers for Gawker and Salon are representatives of the first people to die from either starvation or gullibility if the $#@! ever hits the fan.

Ultimately, I blame the "just-us" system for the fact that its very likely going to ruin the 13 year old boy's life, and the woman still doesn't get compensated for the phone.
    All right. Now then, gawker, tell us exactly how the fact that you can get robbed and refuse to call the police out of fear for your attacker supports your position that we need more government and government is the only entity we can trust.

I'm all agog to hear that explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Writers for Gawker and Salon are representatives of the first people to die from either starvation or gullibility if the $#@! ever hits the fan.
    Oh, don't be ridiculous.

They'll be lining up for the FEMA camps like good little sheep. The only way they'll be the first to die is if they get the Holocaust Treatment in the back of the truck on the way there.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-16-2014 at 09:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

No, it really is saying that. The last line of the article literally said just that.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinTime View Post
    Close, Gawker.
    Nope. Just another retard operating a keyboard with his brain in neutral.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    Ever heard of reverse racism?
    No such thing. Racism is racism. It doesn't matter if it's practiced by blacks on whites.

I actually looked up the original article. To be fair, it wasn't actually saying to let black people steal your phone.
    Really? it said this:
    If you are nonviolently mugged by a child, continue to let him run along with his friends. The world will be a better place.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    No such thing. Racism is racism. It doesn't matter if it's practiced by blacks on whites.
    Technically, it's more along the lines of favoritism, but I've never seen anyone use it that way. They always use it to describe racism.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    No, it really is saying that. The last line of the article literally said just that.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Really? it said this:
    I thought that line meant to let him continue to run off AFTER you realized he didn't have the IPOD. Maybe I'm wrong.

At any rate, "nonviolent mugging" doesn't exist.

Verbatim from the Gawker article in question:

Quote Originally Posted by Gawker
    Now, it seems clear that this story came about because Post photographer Stefan Jeremiah happened to be right near the scene of the "crime." Nonetheless, if you are to apprehend your child mugger don't pose for photos in the newspaper, especially if you are white and the child mugger happens to be black. This is an extremely bad look, I think we all can agree.
    Seriously, I cannot even begin to imagine what this author was thinking while putting 'crime' in quotation marks. Do they think stealing someone's phone is not, or should not, be a crime?

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Verbatim from the Gawker article in question:

Seriously, I cannot even begin to imagine what this author was thinking while putting 'crime' in quotation marks. Do they think stealing someone's phone is not, or should not, be a crime?
    Even better, 'look', as in, 'This is an extremely bad look,' isn't. So a mugging can be nonviolent (just as though someone were panhandling your phone)' and crime is subjective (even when there's a human victim and it's neither the state nor the perpetrator itself). But appearances, now those are serious business.

And being willing and able to stand up for your rights is just so unseemly.

Besides, he almost says, for a white (especially a girl) to outrun a black male is to destroy a racial stereotype. Which is normally no bad thing, except this is a good stereotype. It's like the Affirmative Action of stereotypes. Because believing stereotypes is non-racist and healthy if they're positive stereotypes, right?

Right...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

That article made me feel so guilty, I'm going out right now to give my iPhone to the first needy black person I can find.

BRB.

Oh, and if I don't come back it's because I gave my MacBook away too.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    And the sad thing is that part of me is willing to let SHTF.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

If not for Gawker, I probably wouldn't hate progressives and liberals nearly as much as I do. The writers there are totally unencumbered by logic and consistent, rational, thought. They just spew a constant stream of progressive fantasies. Comparing the Onion to Gawker does a disservice to the Onion because it can effectively convey a real message through satire. Gawker is just a sartorial hell-hole where the cognitive dissonance knows no bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Verbatim from the Gawker article in question: " if you are to apprehend your child mugger don't pose for photos in the newspaper, especially if you are white and the child mugger happens to be black"

"Happens to be black," .... "happens to be black," ....

An unironic take on George Carlin's classic bit. Gawker happens to be terrible, and openly blows.

Clearly this is why Hillary lost the election to Obama back in 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Clearly this is why Hillary lost the election to Obama back in 2008.
    I thought Obama gives phones away?
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I thought Obama gives phones away?
    I'm pretty sure, they think they are not "getting over on the man" if they get a phone from Obama.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast