Thread: U.S. Backed Syrian Rebels Sign a Ceasefire Agreement with ISIS in Damascus

U.S. Backed Syrian Rebels Sign a Ceasefire Agreement with ISIS in Damascus

U.S. Backed Syrian Rebels Sign a Ceasefire Agreement with ISIS in Damascus
    By Leith Fadel on September 12, 2014

http://www.almasdarnews.com/article/...isis-damascus/

The U.S. backed, Syrian Revolutionary Front (SRF), have signed a ceasefire agreement with members of the Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham (ISIS) in the Rif Dimashq Governate. According to the ceasefire agreement, the two militant groups will not engage in violence with one another in the densely populated city of Hajar Al-Aswad, just south of Damascus. The agreement outlines the purpose of the ceasefire, alluding to their mutual interest in usurping the “Nusayri Government” (Nusayri is a derogatory word used to insult Alawi Muslims) in Damascus.

Other rebel groups involved in the ceasefire with ISIS are Liwaa’ ‘Ahrar Turkman Al-Golan, Liwaa’ Hittin, and Liwaa’ Al-‘Ummah Al-Waheeda; these groups operate primarily in the Rif Dimashq, Al-Quneitra, and Dara’a Governates. Recently, ISIS militants have been identified in the Yarmouk Camp District and the village of Babeela in south Damascus. While, rebel group Jaysh Al-Islam has combatted ISIS militants in the East Ghouta, most rebel groups in Rif Dimashq have avoided confrontation with the Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham.

This agreement was signed two days after U.S. President Barack Obama released a public statement in regards to ISIS’ presence in the region. ISIS militants are believed to have entered Syria through the Lebanese border, where they have a significant presence in the ‘Arsal District. Yesterday, the Lebanese Government arrested over 20 suspected militants in southern Lebanon, after the latter was caught entering the country from Shebaa’ Farms.
    Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL. Let's see the "moderate Syrian rebel" apologists spin this one.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

But wait... I thought Obama said on wednesday that he wanted to give weapons and equipment to the moderate rebels so they can fight ISIS! LOL. This is like a horrible TV show or something.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    LOL. Let's see the "moderate Syrian rebel" apologists spin this one.
    Wow an alliance between two fighting factions with a common enemy?
    “I'm real, Ron, I'm real!” — Rick Santorum
    “Congratulations.” — Ron Paul¹

Quote Originally Posted by Muwahid View Post
    Next on the line, an alliance between ISIS and the US or maybe ISIS and Israel. I mean by your logic, they have a common enemy in Assad ergo they should for an alliance to defeat said common enemy.

People with your mindset is the reason why the middle east is in turmoil.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Next on the line, an alliance between ISIS and the US or maybe ISIS and Israel. I mean by your logic, they have a common enemy in Assad ergo they should for an alliance to defeat said common enemy.

People with your mindset is the reason why the middle east is in turmoil.
    Having similar ideologies only increases the chances of alliances forming (both sunni, some are both salafist, both dislike allawis), we can get more technical if it would make you feel better.

I thought I read somewhere the other day that ISIS and Israel were teaming up to take on Hezballah in Lebanon, wouldn't surprise me.

Having similar ideologies only increases the chances of alliances forming (both sunni, some are both salafist, both dislike allawis), we can get more technical if it would make you feel better.
    You probably got a couple loose screws in your head because you just dont get it, ISIS is the problem, they are radical, intolerant, murderous - they kill christians,druz, sunni, shia, Kurds and everything in between that does not adhere to their backwards belief system. They move into areas where nobody supports them and forcefully impose their strict and barbaric form of Islam on them. Sorry but you do not align yourself with them or support anyone in their alliance for any reason short of fighting an Armageddon type asteroid on its way to earth.
    Last edited by juleswin; 09-13-2014 at 10:19 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You probably got a couple loose screws in your head because you just dont get it, ISIS is the problem, they are radical, intolerant, murderous - they kill christians,druz, sunni, shia, Kurds and everything in between that does not adhere to their backwards belief system. They move into areas where nobody supports them and forcefully impose their strict and barbaric form of Islam on them. Sorry but you do not align yourself with them or support anyone in their alliance for any reason short of fighting an Armageddon type asteroid on its way to earth.
    You obviously don't understand the situation on the ground.

Of course they have a common enemy. Which should tell us that we should quit making their enemy (Assad) our enemy. And any "moderate rebel group" that would sell a human being to a terrorist group to be killed is the enemy of decent humanity.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kords21 View Post
    I thought I read somewhere the other day that ISIS and Israel were teaming up to take on Hezballah in Lebanon, wouldn't surprise me.
    Another notch in the near east game plan, over the last year many analysts have credited the Hezbollah shock troops with turning the tide of the Syrian war in Assad’s favor. Now you know...

Here: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08/01/hezbollah-s-widening-war-spreads-to-iraq.html

Keep this URL for a rainy day: http://israelspy.com/
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 09-14-2014 at 07:38 AM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Interesting how this story has a lot of coverage online, but have yet to hear a peep from on air MSM, seems the latest beheading is taking center stage and on the Sunday morning news programs from what I can tell the question of the Syrian Rebel and ISIS ceasefire wasn't even brought up in any of the questions or discussion.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    Interesting how this story has a lot of coverage online, but have yet to hear a peep from on air MSM, seems the latest beheading is taking center stage and on the Sunday morning news programs from what I can tell the question of the Syrian Rebel and ISIS ceasefire wasn't even brought up in any of the questions or discussion.
    The Sunday Propaganda political shows were absolutely disgusting today... from CNN's Fareed Zakaria to ABC's Martha Raddatz, it was all deceit and lies, while pumping the Washington DC fear propaganda. Zero mentioning by corporate media and it's obvious to coverup this very revealing operations going on in the near east.

It's like a major FUBAR on a 'Live Reality TV show' gone drastically wrong.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Of course they have a common enemy. Which should tell us that we should quit making their enemy (Assad) our enemy. And any "moderate rebel group" that would sell a human being to a terrorist group to be killed is the enemy of decent humanity.
    Then wouldn't Assad be the enemy of decent humanity considering all his torture of innocent people?

Alliance? What alliance? The new one between the 'moderate' terrorists we were most recently arming and the not-so-'moderate' terrorists we were arming before but since decided we didn't ever like? The alliance that seems to have been made between our off-the-reservation puppet we were originally arming the not-so-'moderate' terrorists to take out and the not-so-'moderate' terrorists themselves, who now want more free time to beat up our still-on-the-reservation puppet in Iraq? Or the rumored alliances between half the 'moderate' and not-so-'moderate' terrorists in the region and Mossad?

Inquiring minds want to know...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Alliance? What alliance? The new one between the 'moderate' terrorists we were most recently arming and the not-so-'moderate' terrorists we were arming before but since decided we didn't ever like? The alliance that seems to have been made between our off-the-reservation puppet we were originally arming the not-so-'moderate' terrorists to take out and the not-so-'moderate' terrorists themselves, who now want more free time to beat up our still-on-the-reservation puppet in Iraq? Or the rumored alliances between half the 'moderate' and not-so-'moderate' terrorists in the region and Mossad?

Inquiring minds want to know...
    wat

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Then wouldn't Assad be the enemy of decent humanity considering all his torture of innocent people?
    Watch so called peaceful protestors murdering local police men pre revolution 2011 in Syria. These are the innocent civilians the west accuse Assad of killing.

Warning: graphic images ahead
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e22_1410629635

Watch so called peaceful protestors murdering local police men pre revolution 2011 in Syria. These are the innocent civilians the west accuse Assad of killing.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e22_1410629635
    Wow so you think Assad is innocent? Do you know how many people he has tortured? Do you know how corrupt of a country Syria is/was? You're really disconnected from reality if you dont understand that.

The only people that I know of that Assad has tortured have been suspected terrorists. Sure some of them have been innocent. I specifically know of a case where the Bush administration sent an innocent man it suspected of being a terrorist to Assad to be tortured. This journalist wasn't suspected of anything. Hell, he thought he was under the protection of the FSA when they sold him to ISIS! You tried to excuse the actions of ISIS by saying that they were mad at the journalists for coming from a country that bombed them. But what excuse do you have for the FSA for selling a human being that they were supposed to be protecting to some butchers to kill? Under the circumstances that makes the FSA worse than ISIS and Assad. And least ISIS and Assad are arguably operating from the principle of torturing and/or killing people they believe to be a threat to them. The FSA did their treachery for the money.

Wow so you think Assad is innocent? Do you know how many people he has tortured? Do you know how corrupt of a country Syria is/was? You're really disconnected from reality if you dont understand that.
    So America stopped liking torture? When did that happen?
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

You probably got a couple loose screws in your head because you just dont get it, [America] is the problem, they are radical, intolerant, murderous - they kill christians,druz, sunni, shia, Kurds and everything in between that does not adhere to their [progressive] belief system. They move into areas where nobody supports them and forcefully impose their strict and barbaric form of [Democracy] on them. Sorry but you do not align yourself with them or support anyone in their alliance for any reason short of fighting an Armageddon type asteroid on its way to earth.
    FTFY
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    So America stopped liking torture? When did that happen?
    When Assad decided not to back or war into Iraq. Prior to that the U.S. was sending people to Assad for the express purpose of him torturing them.

The only people that I know of that Assad has tortured have been suspected terrorists. Sure some of them have been innocent. I specifically know of a case where the Bush administration sent an innocent man it suspected of being a terrorist to Assad to be tortured. This journalist wasn't suspected of anything. Hell, he thought he was under the protection of the FSA when they sold him to ISIS! You tried to excuse the actions of ISIS by saying that they were mad at the journalists for coming from a country that bombed them. But what excuse do you have for the FSA for selling a human being that they were supposed to be protecting to some butchers to kill? Under the circumstances that makes the FSA worse than ISIS and Assad. And least ISIS and Assad are arguably operating from the principle of torturing and/or killing people they believe to be a threat to them. The FSA did their treachery for the money.
    Would you just answer my initial question before asking me questions, that would be nice.

Would you just answer my initial question before asking me questions, that would be nice.
    I answered your question. That you refuse to admit that is not my fault. How long have you been beating your wife? That's about as fair and an intelligent question as the one you asked me. Again I will spell it out for you. Assad tortured terror suspects. Some of them were innocent. Some innocent terror suspects were sent to him by the U.S. to be tortured. That's terrible. But if you think that's morally equivalent to taking a journalist under your protection and selling him to someone to be butchered, then you are beyond reasoning with.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 09-15-2014 at 07:19 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You know, jmdrake, you're helping Muwahid to establish an audience in the way that we see happening from cartoon politicians and media with regard to "ISIS". And, frankly, it is how they continue to remain relevant to the geo-political strategy of old men.

The fact is that there is no way, in the real world, that a few thousand terrorists can overtake two entire countries. What we need to do is we need to stop sensationalising the asshats in a way that sells it like they can and in a way that helps folks like Muwahid here use people on internet boards to run with it.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 09-15-2014 at 07:19 PM.