Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pennsylvania police: 1 trooper killed, 1 injured in barracks attack; person being questioned

Pennsylvania police: 1 trooper killed, 1 injured in barracks attack; person being questioned

BLOOMING GROVE, Pa. — Two troopers were ambushed outside a state police barracks in northeastern Pennsylvania during a late-night shift change, leaving one dead and another injured, and authorities were questioning a person of interest, state police said Saturday.

One trooper was leaving the barracks in Blooming Grove, Pike County, and another was arriving when shots were fired at 10:50 p.m. Friday, State Police Commissioner Frank Noonan said.

A person of interest identified as Jeffrey Hudak, 48, was being questioned by police, Trooper Connie Devens said.

"No one is in custody or under arrest," she said. "Mr. Hudak is being questioned as a person of interest."

Noonan confirmed that one trooper was killed and the other was injured and taken to Geisinger Medical Center in Scranton, where he was in stable condition after undergoing surgery.

He provided few details on the shooting but said the attack seemed to be directed at state police.

"This has been an emotional night for all of us," Noonan told reporters.

Law enforcement officials from across the region, including New York and New Jersey, descended on northeastern Pennsylvania to help with the search on foot and by helicopter. The Blooming Grove barracks is in a wooded area, surrounded by state game lands.

At a news conference after daybreak Saturday, Noonan said authorities were following several leads.

"We can't say that the situation is completely in hand," he said.

Noonan said police did not believe the general public was at risk, but they are asking everyone to be on the lookout for anything suspicious.

"People in the area can come and go freely but should be alert," he said.

Several roads around the barracks, including parts of Interstate 84, were closed Saturday morning. Blooming Grove is a township of about 4,000 people about 35 miles east of Scranton.

Gov. Tom Corbett said he was praying for the slain trooper's family as well as the injured colleague.

"Every attack on an officer of the law is an attack on our state, our country and civilized society," Corbett said in a statement. "The incident in Blooming Grove shows, once again, that our first responders face constant danger in order that the rest of us may live in peace and safety."

http://www.startribune.com/nation/274996131.html
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gang Bangers Get Gang Banged

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

too bad...

in other news today, somewhere, someone is getting brutalized by a cop...

"Every attack on an officer of the law is an attack on our state, our country and civilized society," Corbett said in a statement. "The incident in Blooming Grove shows, once again, that our first responders face constant danger in order that the rest of us may live in peace and safety."

This is incorrect. Attacks are often personal. They are done for personal misdeeds to people who have done wrong. Actions have consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    This is incorrect. Attacks are often personal. They are done for personal misdeeds to people who have done wrong. Actions have consequences.
    Honesty from the MSM.................HA!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Indeed, for all we know the trooper may have traded sex for not giving a false ticket to someones teenage daughter and the father found out about it.

yep, my first thought was: what did they do to earn it...

AF...

"let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pretty convenient to drag down the whole society when you commit misdeeds. Some people never learn the meaning of personal responsibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

More info on this:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1938346

This is by far the most interesting quote of the story:

Gov. Tom Corbett wanted to visit the area, but officials warned him to stay away when a “a very dangerous, armed criminal” has not been caught, the Times-Tribune reported.

Still, State Police Commissioner Frank Noonan assured residents the shooter is not believed to be dangerous to the public.
    How could that be unless they know the guy is targeting cops specifically?

Wow, maybe they said something he didn't like about his church.

When I heatd this I was thinking maybe they have started eating their own..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fire.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	3086
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Let's see how many people get "Dornered", in the cop's mad dash to serve up an execution.

I'll remember that the next time I read a story about some off duty cop being beat down by bunch of on duty cops.

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    AF...

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    More info on this:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1938346

This is by far the most interesting quote of the story:

How could that be unless they know the guy is targeting cops specifically?
    I noticed that too.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anything more on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Anything more on this?
    Pennsylvania Trooper Who Survived Ambush Is Conscious, Talking

http://www.wfmynews2.com/story/news/...king/15659813/
    Kelly said in an emailed statement Sunday that police are getting a large number of tips, and some are "fantastic."
    He said they are keeping details of the investigation quiet to preserve the integrity of the leads.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

20 -30 rounds from a .308?

I don't know of any "hunting" rifle that'll do that.
    Last edited by limequat; 09-15-2014 at 08:59 PM.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

PA Troopers Got Off Easy

by Christopher Cantwell • September 14, 2014

One Pennsylvania State Trooper is dead, and another is wounded, after they were ambushed outside their barracks in Pike County Saturday night. “It’s a cowardly attack. It’s an attack upon all of us in society” said Pennsylvania State Police Commissioner Frank Noonan. Social media is abuzz with messages of support for the widow of Cpl. Bryon K. Dickson, and her two sons who have now lost their father. The wounded trooper, Alex Douglass, was in stable condition Saturday after surgery at Geisinger Medical Center in Scranton, reported The Morning Call.

Police from three states have descended upon the Poconos to search for the assailant, who has yet to be captured or identified. Police are being tight lipped, and are not disclosing whether the barracks had CCTV cameras, or whether there is any evidence at all. One man was being questioned as a person of interest, but not a suspect. Police now suspect the shooter to have left the area, having thoroughly searched for any sign of him, and found none.

Right now, we know nothing about the shooter. We don’t know his identity, his motives, his political beliefs, or whether he was a good or bad person. I hope that it stays this way, because I hope he is never caught.

What we do know is that Dickson became a law enforcement official in 2007, and had recently transferred to the Blooming Grove barracks a few months ago from Philadelphia. For the last seven years, he has threatened, intimidated, harassed, kidnapped, assaulted, and robbed an immeasurable number of people. We know this, because had he not done so, he would not be a police officer. That’s what a police officer is; a full time, well paid, violent enforcer of politicians’ edicts.

At some point in his life, Dickson likely had numerous career options. He could have been a construction worker, a food service professional, he could have gone into computers, medicine, psychology, or any number of different professions. Instead, he joined a gang. He decided to pick up a gun, and threaten the lives of his fellow Pennsylvanians. Instead of being productive or creative, he made a conscious decision to take from others by force. He did it for the same reasons other people join other gangs, money, power, and respect.

Every traffic stop he engaged in was a death threat. Every arrest a kidnapping. Every fine a theft. He was paid through taxation, a global system of coercion that presently enslaves the entire human race. He was an active participant and willing co-conspirator in the system of oppression that makes wars possible. Should Dickson have pulled you over on the highway, and you attempted to evade him, he would use whatever level of force was necessary to stop you, up to and including running your car off the road and shooting you in the face, with a gun you were forced to pay for.

After choosing this lifestyle, and having lived it for seven years, I’d say a quick death from an assassin’s bullet is really quite merciful. Should Dickson have been forced to make restitution for his crimes, he would easily have to work well beyond what most people consider retirement age, and even then would likely fall well short of making all of his victims whole before dying of old age.

If his death prevented a single traffic stop, then his killer is a hero. If it saved the taxpayers of Pennsylvania a single penny, then his killer is a freer of slaves. If it makes one young adult think twice about becoming a cop, then his killer saved an immeasurable number of people from theft, assault, imprisonment, and death.

If there were enough men like Dickson’s killer out there, then there would be no police. The moment being a cop was actually as dangerous as being a convenience store clerk, these worthless cowards would walk off the job so fast it would make your head spin. The war on drugs would end in a day. Millions of peaceful people would be released from the rape cages of the prison industrial complex. There would be no war. Tens of millions of children would no longer be force fed psychotropic drugs. Markets could begin repairing the thousands of years of damage that governments have inflicted upon human society.

Dickson was no hero, and his killer no villain. It’s really quite the contrary. It’s easy to feel sorry for his wife and children. It’s easy to turn on your TV and cheer for police to catch the “bad guy”. I’m going to ask you to do something more difficult.

Think.

You live in a world where violence is rewarded with money and power and respect by State sanction. Every once in awhile, somebody decides to punish and prevent that violence by using force against a cop. Rather than thank him for his bravery, society labels him the worst sort of criminal, and hunts him down like an animal.

I see this as profoundly sick. That as a species we heap praise upon people who kidnap and murder and steal in the name of “law”, but demonize those who risk their lives to do something meaningful to punish and prevent that violence. I will not engage in this behavior, and neither should you.

Cpl. Bryon K. Dickson was a violent criminal. His uniform does not excuse his crimes. His death marks the end of a 7 year crime wave, and I couldn’t be happier about it.
    http://www.christophercantwell.com/2...pers-got-easy/

Hear, hear!

I certainly hope Cantwell wasn't planning on flying anywhere in the near future.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Probably ought to wait till the cop is cold. He might have been everything that article said but he was also a human being. 2 wrongs don't make a right and shooting someone without provocation goes against what I believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    ....shooting someone without provocation......
    This remains to be determined.

It would be typical that we will not have an inkling of what the real reasons are until sometime after the first official version is debunked.
    Last edited by sparebulb; 09-16-2014 at 08:51 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    Probably ought to wait till the cop is cold. He might have been everything that article said but he was also a human being. 2 wrongs don't make a right and shooting someone without provocation goes against what I believe in.
    I'll wager a cyber nickle right now that the shooter was provoked directly by the actions of the kops.

Cantwell is an idiot, he is as bad as any statist. How can he assume the killer was no villain? This enemy of my enemy is my friend stuff is retarded. Cop killers make the public sympathize more with the cops. Just as suicide bombers make their victims countrymen more patriotic.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Here you go...

Patrick Nelson • a day ago

We the people grant police and the government the power to coerce. If you want to go back to the articles of confederation instead of the constitution, there is an amendment process. But, consider why we no longer use the articles of the confederation. Murder is murder. If you want anarchy go to Africa. You can't go around just killing people because you feel their cause is unjust. If you want to do some real good, why don't you go kill all the black people in America? They are responsible for the most homicides in America, and they are a minority, shouldn't be too rough right? That's about how you are generalizing all of the police force.

Steve Patrick Nelson • a day ago

The idea of the modern police force stemmed from the old "Company Towns" in the U.S. where a company, in most cases a coal company, owned all of the property, stores, and supplies in a town which housed their workers. These workers were indentured slaves, where their wages went to paying off their tools, room & board, food, etc. Sound familiar?

Nowhere in the Constitution does it mention anything about a police force. You are making random inferences about something you think you know about without any research or real knowledge on the subject, "bro." You also don't get to speak on behalf of "We The People" as that also includes those in this comment section that disagree with you.

Matthew Reece Patrick Nelson • 21 hours ago

"We the people" does not exist. Each individual person exists. This individual person never signed any social contract or document that establishes a state, and never would do so.

You must not have read the article, or you would understand that the killed person was an aggressor, and violence against an aggressor does not violate NAP.

Jack O'Brien Patrick Nelson • 21 hours ago

State troopers and incorporated police departments are not Constitutionally sanctioned.

So what was that you were saying about the amendment process?

Patrick Nelson THIN BLUE CASKET • a day ago

Go to Africa if you want freedom bro, or change our system here legally. It's pretty simple. Or keep being a little bitch and throw ad hominem into your argument when you can't come up with something logical.

Brandon Youngs Patrick Nelson • a day ago

You do realize, in order for me to leave, I have to pay this gang a large fee. On top of that fee, I have to go to another gang and get permission to enter their gangland. Also, the first gang is going to require I forfeit a large percentage of my property, just to leave, and again that assumes that the gang I am living under approves of my leaving in the first place.

Patrick Nelson Brandon Youngs • 20 hours ago

What large fee are you talking about? The fee for a pass port? If you leave, your property is still your property. You're an idiot. Where do you people come up with this $#@!? The whole world is gangland, except Africa. They are free over there bro, go have fun, unless you want to change things here, young keyboard warrior.

Matheus Grunt Patrick Nelson • 6 hours ago

Wrong. Police have zero constitutional right to even exist. Sheriff's that are elected, their offices, are the only constitutional law enforcement in the states you peon. The colonists & some of the founders also routinely engage in attacks against law enforcement back in the day (the British troops) and other govt officials. They even attacked them at homes sometimes. This is not evil, but a necessary work against what is wrong & impure & violating of the rule of law & our natural rights. It's happening slowly all over again. The American people, many of us, are fed up. This kind of action this man took in taking on these 2 troopers is going to keep up as the war these pigs partake in against us & the Constitution keeps up.

Patrick Nelson Matheus Grunt • 3 hours ago

It's implied consent. Just as much as congress has the right to levy taxes, the judicial branch has the right to enforce legislation. Murder because you think someone is unjust isn't constitutional. Sorry, your logic is deeply flawed. As well as how you are viewing civil rights as compared to civil liberties. I agree the people are fed up, and there is an avenue to direct our grievances to. Murder isn't going to help anything, besides hire a new cop, and piss off the rest of the station.

jimmyt • 5 hours ago

If you act aggressive police have the right to execute you.

Yet every video I see of cops is them acting aggressive, and citizens have a right to go home safe..

No sympathy for terrorist police forces

Patrick Nelson jimmyt • 3 hours ago

Citizens do not have a RIGHT to go home safe. That is not a right. You're silly. If a cop is aggressive you have the RIGHT to defend yourself, up to and including deadly force. For example, if a cop illegally enters your home, shoot him

And we have a winner. People, the police will be looking for a white person, a particular car color, and a male, but the police will shoot you anyway.

Pennsylvania authorities have identified a 31-year-old man they described as a survivalist with a strong desire to kill police officers as the man who allegedly shot and killed a state trooper in an ambush outside a police barracks Friday night.

Eric Matthew Frein, a Pennsylvania resident, allegedly used a .308-caliber rifle to gun down Cpl. Bryon Dixon and seriously wound a second officer -- Trooper Alex T. Douglass -- around 10:50 p.m. Friday, State Police Commissioner Frank Noonan told reporters Tuesday afternoon.

Eric Matthew Frein, 31, has been identified as the man police believe shot and killed one Pennsylvania state trooper and seriously injured another in an ambush outside of a barracks on Friday. (Pennsylvania State Police)

Noonan has described the attack as an ambush and said Dixon and Douglass had little chance to defend themselves. Dixon died hours later on Saturday morning, while Douglass was hospitalized in stable but critical condition.

While the shooter's motives remain unclear, Noonan said Frein had "made statements about wanting to kill law enforcement officers and also wanting to commit mass acts of murders.”

“He has expressed anti-government leanings in the past, especially toward law enforcement," Noonan said, adding that many of his rants appeared on social media.

Police began to suspect Frein after a resident noticed a truck submerged in a pond about two miles from the barracks in Blooming Grove in northeastern Pennsylvania where the shootings took place. Detectives searched the vehicle and found shell casings that matched a weapon used in the attack on Dixon, Noonan said.

The 31-year-old is charged with murder, attempted murder, assault and weapons offenses among other crimes, according to Noonan, who said court documents would be released later on Tuesday.

On Monday, Lt. Col. Bivens, deputy commissioner of operations, said Frein may have suffered a recent crisis in his life and had complained about the state police several times on social media.

“This spineless act may have been meant as an act of intimidation. Let me be very clear, we are not intimidated, we are coming after you," Bivens said on Monday.
    http://www.latimes.com/nation/nation...916-story.html

So the shooter is not dangerous to the public but he's a threat to our state, country, and civilized society? Cop logic makes my brain hurt.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Quote Originally Posted by roho76 View Post
    So the shooter is not dangerous to the public but he's a threat to our state, country, and civilized society? Cop logic makes my brain hurt.
    Because without cops, society itself would decay into a buttery mess. Get it?
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast