Thread: Maintaining Gun Ownership Records in NC

Maintaining Gun Ownership Records in NC

http://online.wsj.com/articles/gun-r...sts-1410562366

Knowing Durham, you can pretty much be sure that the Feds will end up getting this info if they haven't already.
    In fact, doesn't the dealer have a record of the purchase identifying the buyer and the weapon? What happens to that?
    Last edited by navy-vet; 09-13-2014 at 11:51 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

In IL they simply imposed a middle man (ISP) through its FTIP process, that serves as an intermediate background check. By putting in this process ahead of the NICS check, they can circumvent the NICS retention period, and have a permanent record of the 4473 transaction. Voila! Backdoor gun registration.

Has it done a damn thing to curb violence? No, but that's not why its there.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    In IL they simply imposed a middle man (ISP) through its FTIP process, that serves as an intermediate background check. By putting in this process ahead of the NICS check, they can circumvent the NICS retention period, and have a permanent record of the 4473 transaction. Voila! Backdoor gun registration.

Now that's utterly disgusting and disheartening. Another breach of the oath to uphold and defend the USC. And, I agree, it has nothing to do with our well being, that's for sure! In fact it's the opposite...
    Last edited by navy-vet; 09-13-2014 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post

I wonder whether a TOR-like arrangement would protect against this. Any idea of the exact architecture?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    I wonder whether a TOR-like arrangement would protect against this. Any idea of the exact architecture?
    No, unfortunately there's no way to make it anonymous, TOR is not quite in the context of what I was talking about - but that is my fault.

To clarify a term, ISP=Illinois State Police vs Internet Service Provider. Sorry for not qualifying the terms - as an IL activist I am accustomed to speaking in the local dialect. The Illinois State Police own the process by which firearms are transferred in IL. They even have a law now where private sales have to include a check on web site, which validates the purchaser's FOID. There is a unique id that is given for the confirmation of that check, which must be maintained with the private transfer records. Although there is no penalty for not complying with the law, its all but certain its just a matter of time before there is.

These are all discrete methods by which IL is able to keep tabs on firearm owners, and we've already seen cases where measures have been taken to exploit such data. An example would be where AG Lisa Madigan trying to make all FOID names/addresses available for FOIA. I would not be surprised if NJ, MA, and any number of areas with local ordinances, are doing the same thing.

Something everyone should consider before ever supporting government access to data. If there is an evil way to use the data, government is sure to find it, its simply a matter of time. That is a fact that is as true today as it was in 1935, or 1776 for that matter.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"