Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: erroneous teachings in Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Paul who knew nothing of Jesus's ethical teachings:
    Apparently Tolstoy knew nothing of Paul's ethical teachings, because his claim here is easy to prove false. The central tenets of Paul's ethical teachings were the same as Jesus's. And Paul consciously and explicitly passed on the ethics he knew Jesus to have taught.

Romans 12:14-21:
    14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.[c] Do not be conceited.

17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”[d] says the Lord. 20 On the contrary:

“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
    if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
    In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”
    21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
    Romans 13:8-10:
    8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,”[a] and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 10 Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
    1 Corinthians 7:10-11:
    10 To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. 11 But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.
    1 Corinthians 9:14:
    14 In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel.
    Galatians 5:13-14:
    13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. 14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
    Galatians 6:2:
    2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Christian Church has recognized and sanctioned divorce, slavery, tribunals, all earthly powers, the death penalty, and war; it has exacted nothing except a renunciation of a purpose to do evil on the occasion of baptism, and this only in its early days : later on, when infant baptism was introduced, even this requirement was no longer observed." Id., at 220-21.
    ...which is now replaced with ss numbers. Cradle to grave; whether Christian or secular...Statists gonna State.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Apparently Tolstoy knew nothing of Paul's ethical teachings, because his claim here is easy to prove false. The central tenets of Paul's ethical teachings were the same as Jesus's. And Paul consciously and explicitly passed on the ethics he knew Jesus to have taught.

Romans 12:14-21:

Romans 13:8-10:

1 Corinthians 7:10-11:

1 Corinthians 9:14:

Galatians 5:13-14:

Galatians 6:2:

It seems that Tolstoy understood the ethical teachings of Paul pretty well, in Paulinism , and maybe from Paul talking with Luke some. I guess there just wasn't really quite enough time for an in depth conversation with Jesus and meaningful idea exchange, on the road to Damascus. Pity. <sniff>

It seems that Tolstoy understood the ethical teachings of Paul pretty well
    Obviously he didn't. If he did, he wouldn't have said that Paul did not know anything of the ethical teachings of Jesus preserved in Matthew.

Compare Jesus in Matthew 5:43-44 with Paul in Romans 12:14; compare Jesus in Matthew 5:32 and Matthew 19:9 with Paul in 1 Corinthians 7:10-11; and compare Jesus in Matthew 22:38-40 with Paul in Romans 13:8-10 and Galatians 5:13-14.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It seems that Tolstoy understood the ethical teachings of Paul pretty well
    He seemed to understand the authority of the Church pretty well;
    "Sit down, shut up, we're in control of your salvation."
    -Albert Camus

Obviously he didn't. If he did, he wouldn't have said that Paul did not know anything of the ethical teachings of Jesus preserved in Matthew.

Compare Jesus in Matthew 5:43-44 with Paul in Romans 12:14; compare Jesus in Matthew 5:32 and Matthew 19:9 with Paul in 1 Corinthians 7:10-11; and compare Jesus in Matthew 22:38-40 with Paul in Romans 13:8-10 and Galatians 5:13-14.
    So how come those Satanic "Christianized" Paulinated Roman pagans didn't pick up on that? Weren't the Gentiles primarily Paul's assignment?

So how come those Satanic "Christianized" Paulinated Roman pagans didn't pick up on that? Weren't the Gentiles primarily Paul's assignment?
    First of all, whether they picked up on it or not, there it is for anyone to read in Paul's own words.

Second, if their not picking up on it somehow speaks against the fact that Paul taught those things, then wouldn't the same argument apply to Jesus and the Judean audiences that didn't pick up on his teaching of the same things?

Third, who says they didn't pick up on it? How could you possibly know that they didn't?

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    He seemed to understand the authority of the Church pretty well;
    "Sit down, shut up, we're in control of your salvation."
    Apparently not, I understand that he got himself excommunicated. An excommunicated anarchist, my kind of guy.

Apparently not, I understand that he got himself excommunicated. An excommunicated anarchist, my kind of guy.
    somewhat ironic; but not so much as it proves his point.
    -Albert Camus

I think you have been spending way too much time with "Church Lady" TER.

And you sure seem to like to criticize and bad mouth folks without spending even the minimal energy necessary to investigate who they are first.
    If you did the same--you'd know that TER is no "lady" .

Quote Originally Posted by Terry1 View Post
    If you did the same--you'd know that TER is no "lady" .
    I know, he started the Golden Ruleish "name calling", so I'm just doing unto him. I know it's childish and silly. Whatever, slow day.

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    somewhat ironic; but not so much as it proves his point.
    Yeah, just really gotta love those Satanic State Churches.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    First of all, whether they picked up on it or not, there it is for anyone to read in Paul's own words.

What year did the Gutenburg Bible come out for the Catholic masses?

Second, if their not picking up on it somehow speaks against the fact that Paul taught those things, then wouldn't the same argument apply to Jesus and the Judean audiences that didn't pick up on his teaching of the same things?

Nope, they hadn't gotten the Satanic Roman Paulian corrupted Bible version.

Third, who says they didn't pick up on it? How could you possibly know that they didn't?

The bloody RCC history screams volumes.

"By their fruits, ye shall know them."

"By their fruits, ye shall know them."

How do you connect Paul to these things from centuries after his time?

How do you connect Paul to these things from centuries after his time?
    "All the good in Christianity can be traced to Jesus, all the bad to Paul." - Franz Overbeck, Protestant Theologian

"Christianity is the religion founded by Paul, which replaces Jesus' Gospel with a Gospel about Jesus - a religion that should rather be called Paulinism." -- Dr. Wilhelm Nestle, Church Historian

"All the good in Christianity can be traced to Jesus, all the bad to Paul." - Franz Overbeck, Protestant Theologian

"Christianity is the religion founded by Paul, which replaces Jesus' Gospel with a Gospel about Jesus - a religion that should rather be called Paulinism." -- Dr. Wilhelm Nestle, Church Historian
    Lots of people spout that line all the time. Quoting them doesn't give it any more weight. But do you have any reason to believe them? I've already proven to you that they're wrong about that.

Lots of people spout that line all the time. Quoting them doesn't give it any more weight. But do you have any reason to believe them? I've already proven to you that they're wrong about that.
    The proof is in the pudding.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

so can anyone tell me what exactly happened when Jesus died according to the scripture?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    The proof is in the pudding.
    You mean the writings of Paul?

I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by newbitech View Post
    so can anyone tell me what exactly happened when Jesus died according to the scripture?
    On the cross, the sponge of 'vinegar' that was lifted to his lips contained a potion that simulated death - which was not unreasonable for many religious/spiritual/mystic practices 2000 years ago. He was put into a brand new tomb belonging to a wealthy guy named Joseph of Arimethea, who was a generous benefactor of the Essenes. After a day or so, Jesus revived, and was whisked away and nursed back to health with the help of the Essenes who were grateful to assist in saving the life of one of the most blessed and gifted rabbis to come down the pike in a long, long time.

He then lived out the rest of his life in India.

See "Jesus Lived in India" by Holger Kersten
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 09-18-2014 at 03:33 AM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    On the cross, the sponge of 'vinegar' that was lifted to his lips contained a potion that simulated death. He was put into a brand new tomb belonging to a wealthy guy named Joseph of Arimethea, who was a generous benefactor of the Essenes. After a day or so, Jesus revived, and was whisked away and out of the country with the help of the Essenes who were grateful to aid in saving the life of one of the most blessed and gifted rabbis to come down the pike in a long, long time.

He then lived out the rest of his life in India.

Say what? lol

Say what? lol
    “There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance – that principle is contempt prior to investigation.” -William Paley
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

They are both pretty new to me. All of the time, eh? Sounds like maybe one of those pesky recurring truths. Oh, do you mean ASIDE from the bloody RCC history and the stacks of dead bodies? I believe we had a chat on "about Jesus" previously. I must have just dozed off during that proof. Are you sure that it wasn't from TER? Could you point that out to me again, please? Thanks!
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 09-17-2014 at 06:49 AM.

“There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance – that principle is contempt prior to investigation.” -William Paley
    Oh, that's a good one. I really do need to save that one for my next exchange with HB34. Thanks!

Is not scripture.

["Jesus Lived in India"] is not scripture.
    Try reading the Bible without prejudice - objectively - like you would a history book.

I'm not saying it hits the target on every page, but "Jesus Lived in India" fills in many of the blanks in a well-researched and compelling way.

It's a good read.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

Try reading the Bible without prejudice - objectively - as you would a history book.

I'm not saying it hits the target on every page, but "Jesus Lived in India" fills in many of the blanks in a well-researched, compelling way.

It's a good read.
    So are you telling me one of the blanks in the bible is what happened when Jesus died?

So are you telling me one of the blanks in the bible is what happened when Jesus died?
    I am telling you that "Jesus Lived in India" presents well-researched, compelling alternatives to the main stream media version - kinda like the JFK assination - kinda like Pearl Harbor - kinda like our glorious global money system - kinda like what's up in the Middle East - to make a few modern-day analogies.

Kinda like the discovery of America - kinda like the Crusades - kinda like the obliteration of the Mayan, Aztec and American Indian nations - and kinda like the collapse of Ancient Greece and the Roman empires if you want to go back a little further.
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 09-17-2014 at 11:03 AM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am telling you that "Jesus Lived in India" presents well-researched, compelling alternatives to the main stream media version - kinda like the JFK assination - kinda like Pearl Harbor - kinda like our glorious global money system - kinda like what's up in the Middle East - to make a few modern-day analogies.

Kinda like the discovery of America - kinda like the Crusades - kinda like the obliteration of the Mayan and Aztec nations - and kinda like the collapse of Ancient Greece and the Roman empires if you want to go back a little further.
    I see. I've heard the different alternative theories. My questions was specific to the scriptures though. It sounds like the book your reference is refuting the scriptures. Jesus is said to have ascended just a few weeks after his resurrection. I've personally found no evidence in reading the scriptures that anything else may have happened.

I suppose the context of this thread is that eye witness accounts about what happened when Jesus died are fabricated. Be that as it may, I am wondering if anyone has read or knows anything else that happened in the scriptures when Jesus died that perhaps may be overlooked by mainstream as you say.

Kinda like the discovery of America - kinda like the Crusades - kinda like the obliteration of the Mayan and Aztec nations - and kinda like the collapse of Ancient Greece and the Roman empires if you want to go back a little further.
    Hmmm. Maybe that's where the now rumored, Bible later denied and excised reincarnation info came from ..... and went. Works for me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast