Thread: Condoleezza Rice Billed as the Remedy for What Ails the NFL

Condoleezza Rice Billed as the Remedy for What Ails the NFL

Because the remedy to a domestic violence PR fiasco is the woman with more blood on her hands than Adrian Petersen or Ray Rice could ever dream of... file this one under "Things only Boobus Understands"

Prominent voices have called for NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell’s head in the wake of playerRay Rice’s suspension, with some people suggesting a rather unconventional replacement: former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona this afternoon left that decision up to NFL owners, but advised Goodell to seek the advice of the former secretary.

Washington Post columnist Jonathan Capehart went further, arguing Tuesday that Secretary Rice is “the one person who could save the NFL” from its moral quandary and public relations nightmare.

Others, including actor Rob Lowe, have gone on the record to say the NFL should give the job to Rice immediately.
    More: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/condo...ry?id=25410775

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Condi do you know anything about Football?

That's what I figured.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Is this satire?

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Is this satire?
    I wish it was.

And get her completely out of politics? One can only $#@! football up so bad, but the country? It can get 1000x worse than it is now. I think I am open to the idea of pulling her away from politics.

Good idea. That way if some valuable player gets peeved at his woman or child he can just call her, and she can dispatch a Tomahawk or a Hellfire. That way the player doesn't get in trouble, and of course, if this woman can evade prison even after that yellowcake bull$#@!, she can't get in trouble either...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Big fat LOL all the way around. Take a good look, the NFL is modern America. What a sad joke.
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    And get her completely out of politics? One can only $#@! football up so bad, but the country? It can get 1000x worse than it is now. I think I am open to the idea of pulling her away from politics.
    The NFL is more politics than people realize. Which is why they hand out massive suspensions for pot smoking and minor ones for violent crimes.

Am I the only one who prefers college football
    Stop believing stupid things

There were rumors that George W. Bush was considered a candidate to replace Bud Selig as Major League Baseball commissioner just a few months ago, too.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/men-...-texas-rangers

The world has gone mad.

And Hillary Clinton is the remedy for what ails the United States.

War on men! Hillary 2016!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

She was billed as a candidate when she left the Bush administration. No surprise her name comes up again. She is actually well informed on the NFL and American football in general. Of course she would be a likely replacement under the circumstances. A woman is more sympathetic in nature and the way things have gone down with Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson (domestic violence and child abuse), from a political point of view she would make the ideal replacement from a propaganda point of view.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

BTW Cajun, when are we going to see a sixth star? ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    The NFL is more politics than people realize. Which is why they hand out massive suspensions for pot smoking and minor ones for violent crimes.
    But that is more in line with office politics than national and state politics. I will start worrying when NFL starts affecting my life in any meaningful way

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutional Paulicy View Post
    BTW Cajun, when are we going to see a sixth star? ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
    Very soon

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    loveshiscountry

Washington Post columnist Jonathan Capehart went further, arguing Tuesday that Secretary Rice is “the one person who could save the NFL” from its moral quandary and public relations nightmare.

No such thing as “the one person who could save the NFL”. It's always about policy.

I wonder if some of the stuff the NFL does is related to favors government gives them, like the tax exempt status?

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    But that is more in line with office politics than national and state politics. I will start worrying when NFL starts affecting my life in any meaningful way
    the canary isn't what kills ya in the coal mine

Why is the government even involved in major league sports anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Why is the government even involved in major league sports anyway?
    Panem et circenses.

Give it another 30-40 years...you'll see "Death Games".
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

She sits on the college football playoff selection committee, so it's not like she is a complete novice to football.
    SUPPORT LIBERTY IN 2016

The NFL has its own intelligence agency made up of former CIA and FBI agents. It also builds and manages a chain of 32 large "emergency" concentration camps in major American cities.

The NFL has its own intelligence agency made up of former CIA and FBI agents. It also builds and manages a chain of 32 large "emergency" concentration camps in major American cities.

Good. Expose professional sports as the tool of government by running it by government whores.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2014

Would Appointing a War Criminal as Commissioner Redeem the NFL?

By William Norman Grigg

Former NFL star Ray Rice pleaded guilty of abusing a woman whom he later married, and was fired by the League after a video of the crime was made public.

Former Secretary of State Condolezza Rice was an architect of an illegal war of aggression that resulted in the slaughter of a half-million people, the displacement of millions more,trillions of dollars in debt, and the creation of a nihilistic terrorist group that has now been designated our existential threat du jour. She is a war criminal who remains impenitent despite abundant proof of the crimes to which she is a party.
    More: http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com...iminal-as.html