Thread: Former CIA Agent Bob Baer Says "There Are NO Moderate Rebels In Syria"

Former CIA Agent Bob Baer Says "There Are NO Moderate Rebels In Syria"

This is the segment I was talking about the other day, wanted you guys to see, props to MoxNews for responding to my email to get this online.

This is my post from the other day.

Wow it's worse than I thought, anyone catch Bob Baer's interview this morning on CNN? I sent a message to Mox News to see if he can dig it up and post it so you guys could see, short and long of it is the "moderate" forces in Syria that we were trying to (or did) arm last year are the same ones that sold out the Journalist to ISIS! These groups in Syria care more about getting paid at times then they do about their cause and they don't care who they have to sell out to make money, he said the Free Syrian Army isn't much better if we gave them arms to fight ISIS and Assad they would just turn around and sell the arms to ISIS for cash lol. He made a number of good points including that, perhaps instead of using military force that won't end up resolving anything perhaps we should be looking at breaking up Iraq into a number of different countries to address the wants of the people there, as opposed to trying to keep it together through force.

He is a CNN Military Analyst and he was saying all this which is totally against the war drums the media has been playing lately which was a surprising new direction essentially saying we're $#@!ed regardless of what military direction we take, Carol Costello looked like she was $#@!ting a brick, she followed up saying well what about if we were to put boots on the ground, he was like we don't have the 500k troops it would take to get the job done and even if we did commit to that the American people wouldn't stand for it. Anyway if I find the video will post it up.
    Last edited by orenbus; 09-12-2014 at 08:30 PM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand Paul should start echoing this factual statement & STOP the madness.

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Just sent this to my congressman.

Congressman XXXX,

I've been paying close attention to the latest developments and information coming out of the Middle East in regards to ISIS. Wanted to communicate a couple of points to you so that you as my representative in Washington know how I think this should be addressed.

1. Regardless of what is being proposed by President Obama whether it is continued offensive military strikes in Iraq and especially if there are strikes in Syria, this should come to an up or down vote in Congress. The constitution is explicit in this matter when it comes to military action that results in the equivalent of a Declaration of War or Letters of Marque and Reprisal. The President requires congressional approval before taking any military action and this needs to be made clear by the members of congress including yourself.

I will quote Rand Paul here: "The constitution's very clear. They debated this in the beginning. Hamilton as well as Madison are very explicit in the Federalist Papers, they say we gave the war making power to Congress because we wanted to make it difficult to go to war."

2. I do not believe we should be arming or spending any money to support any groups in Syria regardless of the dollar amounts or who they are. It has become clear to me that the civil war currently raging in Syria is beyond the control of any outside country at this time and giving arms to groups such as FSA have a high probability that those same arms will end up in the hands of ISIS or some other extremist group that serve no benefit to our national defense. Again this should be a separate vote, and on this particular issue I would urge you to vote no. For more clarification on this issue I would refer you to a video segment recorded on Sept 10 2014 where former CIA operative Bob Baer discusses how there are no "moderate" forces in Syria that we can work with. Link is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03JGjGpUqk4

Thanks for taking the time to review this, I look forward to your decision and opinion on these matters.

lol @ McCain

The Hill: ISIS, Syrian rebels reach ceasefire
    http://thehill.com/policy/internatio...ggression-pact
    Al Arabiya: ISIS, Syria rebel group sign pact of ‘non-aggression’
    http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News...ian-group.html

Moderate Syrian rebels and the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) reportedly struck a cease-fire deal on Friday, according to a group that has monitored Syria's civil war.

The groups agreed to a non-aggression pact in which they promised not to attack each other.

The development could influence members of Congress to vote “no” on an authorization to train and equip moderate rebel groups as early as next week. The White House has requested the authorization, but some lawmakers have already been skeptical the opposition groups can be trusted.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a monitoring group based in the United Kingdom, said the groups reached the agreement in a suburb of Damascus, Syria’s capital.

Under the deal, "the two parties will respect a truce until a final solution is found and they promise not to attack each other because they consider the principal enemy to be the Nussayri regime,” Agence France-Presse reported.

Nussayri is a negative term for Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s Alawite regime.

This comes as House lawmakers mull over the option to provide Obama with the authorization to train and arm the Syrian rebels. A vote on a short-term spending bill was delayed this week after the White House asked House Republicans to attach the authorization to the bill.

It’s possible GOP leaders might decide to hold a separate vote on the authorization to equip the rebels.

Some Republicans and Democrats have long called on the administration arm the rebels, but other lawmakers in both parties are afraid the weapons could wind up in the wrong hands.

A spokesman for the family of slain journalist Steven Sotloff told CNN this week that Sotloff was captured by “so-called moderate rebels” in Syria and was sold to ISIS.

ISIS militants released videos in the last month showing them beheading Sotloff and U.S. journalist James Foley.
    Last edited by orenbus; 09-13-2014 at 05:46 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is true. I've used the term moderate to refer to some of these groups and it's really a misnomer. We should just call them sort of bad or mostly bad as opposed to all bad.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Let me predict now that these "moderate rebels" will be folded into ISIS sooner or later, so nobody gets surprised when it happens.

It will be dismissed and ignored.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    The Spetsnaz are already in Syria .LOL

"Moderate" means they will not slit other human beings throats on camera.

That's the "moderate" Islamist militant the US Goverment has been funding & arming.

Were picky

This entire video is well worth watching. As for "moderate rebels", go to the 4:00 mark. It gets real juicy...

Last edited by Constitutional Paulicy; 09-14-2014 at 01:24 AM.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

lol...

US .gov and Media are calling Rebels from 1860, terrorists... oh the games of disinformation and deceit today. Frankly, anyone that listens to John McCain is a nutty fool.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

This is where the information battle is most important. We need to be extremely informed about this issue so that we can have the answers when our friends and family ask questions. We are at a turning point in this country. Some are starting to be duped again into the same crap but the establishment is having to try so much harder this time. if we can win this debate we will change things about the foreign policy in this country.
    I am more and more convinced that man is a dangerous creature and that power, whether vested in many or a few, is ever grasping, and like the grave, cries, 'Give, give.'

Abigail Adams

"This is where the information battle is most important. We need to be extremely informed about this issue so that we can have the answers when our friends and family ask questions. We are at a turning point in this country. Some are starting to be duped again into the same crap but the establishment is having to try so much harder this time. if we can win this debate we will change things about the foreign policy in this country. '

+100