Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Adrian Peterson indicted after giving his son a 'whooping'

Adrian Peterson indicted after giving his son a 'whooping'

According to law-enforcement sources, Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson beat his 4-year-old son with a tree branch as a form of punishment this summer, an incident that allegedly resulted in multiple injuries to the child. According to reports, Peterson has been indicted in Montgomery County, Texas for injury to a child.

The “whooping” – as Peterson put it when interviewed by police – occurred in Spring, Texas, in May. Peterson’s son had pushed another one of Peterson’s children off of a motorbike video game. As punishment, Peterson grabbed a tree branch – which he consistently referred to as a “switch” – removed the leaves and struck the child repeatedly.

The beating allegedly resulted in numerous injuries to the child, including cuts and bruises to the child’s back, buttocks, ankles, legs and scrotum, along with defensive wounds to the child’s hands. Peterson then texted the boy’s mother, saying that one wound in particular would make her “mad at me about his leg. I got kinda good wit the tail end of the switch.”
    cont.
    http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/09/...tment-charges/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Probably too harsh, though that used to be the norm. I wouldn't arrest him.

I would say that even though he went too far, at least he, as a black man, is taking responsibility for raising his boy with discipline.

edit-after seeing the pics..I would charge him
    Last edited by TaftFan; 09-13-2014 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post

I would say that even though he went too far, at least he, as a black man, is taking responsibility for raising his boy with discipline.
    I don't think it was ever the norm at this extreme, given the age of the child and the injuries sustained.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Cripes, I used to get the switch all of the time. Right across the back of the bare legs too. It was the norm down south. Plus sometimes you had to go pick your own and if you came back with some flimsy twig you got it that much worse. After you went and picked another one, mind you.

Probably the worst possible time for this to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Cripes, I used to get the switch all of the time. Right across the back of the bare legs too. It was the norm down south. Plus sometimes you had to go pick your own and if you came back with some flimsy twig you got it that much worse. After you went and picked another one, mind you.
    I understand that. How many times, as a four year old, were you switched upwards of 40 times to the extent it tore the skin on your scrotum? For pushing another child?
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Peterson then texted the boy’s mother, saying that one wound in particular would make her “mad at me about his leg. I got kinda good wit the tail end of the switch.”
    Should have posted it on FedBook while he was at it.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 09-12-2014 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    I understand that. How many times, as a four year old, were you switched upwards of 40 times to the extent it tore the skin on your scrotum? For pushing another child?
    Well. I got tore up pretty bad. And as a 4 yo. Maybe 5. I had my skin tore up something awful. I'm not justifying what is shared here in the op. Was just kind of saying. To be fair to the paper in the op, my dad didn't know when to stop. It happens, unfortunately.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He said the kid didn't cry, so he kept going.

Ah well then. I guess it was the norm, then. Shove someone, get welts and cuts that are still wide and livid a over a week later (pictures are available; not posting them here).

Carry on, RPFs.

yeah, same here growing up. I don't think I ever got it that bad as the Peterson kid, but I got switched good a few times. Deserved it too. But I also learned quickly and after a few times I listened to what my parents said and didn't get the switch ever again.

Are you serious? Whipping a 4 year old is "taking responsibility for raising his boy with discipline"?
    "There never was a good war or a bad peace." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    Ah well then. I guess it was the norm, then. Shove someone, get welts and cuts that are still wide and livid a over a week later (pictures are available; not posting them here).

Carry on, RPFs.
    I'm not justifying it or excusing it. It's just not something that is out of the ordinary as much as this case is being made to be. And, of course, we are starting to see sensationalism being brought to the table when it comes to ...oh...dare I say corporate dictation or policing of morality? Is that the right wording? We had that thing with the clippers and then the guy knocking out his wife and now this. Is this just coincidental timing or what?
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 09-12-2014 at 07:41 PM.

Haha you must be my brother from a different mother because that's exactly how it went down at my house as well.
    I have always supported measures and principles and not men. I have acted fearless and independent and I never will regret my course. I would rather be politically buried that to be hypochriticalley immortalized.
    Davy Crockett

Look up, get up, and don't ever give up.
    Michael Irvin

Haha you must be my brother from a different mother because that's exactly how it went down at my house as well.
    I have always supported measures and principles and not men. I have acted fearless and independent and I never will regret my course. I would rather be politically buried that to be hypochriticalley immortalized.
    Davy Crockett

Michael Irvin

The “whooping” – as Peterson put it when interviewed by police – occurred in Spring, Texas, in May. Peterson’s son had pushed another one of Peterson’s children off of a motorbike video game. As punishment, Peterson grabbed a tree branch – which he consistently referred to as a “switch” – removed the leaves and struck the child repeatedly.
    So the 4 year old pushes his sibling and Dad beats the crap outta of him to teach him not to use violence?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_VOL View Post
    Well. Like you, I'm a Tennessee boy too. It is how it was. It's just a fact.

Are you still on volnation? Junior decided not to go there. Instead he chose a school up here. Which I prefer.

Hey at least he was spending time with this one. He had one get killed a couple years ago and he didn't even go to the funeral because he had never met the kid. If I'm not mistaken the mother was a stripper. This Adrian Peterson is a real standup guy you know.
    Davy Crockett

Michael Irvin

Quote Originally Posted by Snew View Post
    Are you serious? Whipping a 4 year old is "taking responsibility for raising his boy with discipline"?
    I said it was too harsh. But Peterson was disciplined in that manner. He is doing what he knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    So the 4 year old pushes his sibling and Dad beats the crap outta of him to teach him not to use violence?
    I'd say that it's a mental response to his own upbringing. I could be wrong but tht's what I'm going to guess.

Well. Like you, I'm a Tennessee boy too. It is how it was. It's just a fact.

Are you still on volnation? Junior decided not to go there. Instead he chose a school up here. Which I prefer.
    Yeah I'm still on there... and hoping for the big upset tomorrow #VFL
    Davy Crockett

Michael Irvin

Maybe this can help explain the South's horrific crime rate.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_VOL View Post
    Yeah I'm still on there... and hoping for the big upset tomorrow #VFL
    I forgot my stinkin password. Haven't been on there in a long time. I don't know if upsets are a real thing these days. Any given Sunday and whatnot. Or Saturday...

First, blacks apparently abandon their kids. Next, blacks beat them down. What next?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    yeah, same here growing up. I don't think I ever got it that bad as the Peterson kid, but I got switched good a few times. Deserved it too. But I also learned quickly and after a few times I listened to what my parents said and didn't get the switch ever again.
    It's a very traumatizing thing, the switch. The fear of that thing is something that almost isn't explainable to someone who hasn't been at the receiving end of it regularly. You're right, though. You learn quick.

But as I was telling MWV, there are some people who were trustees in that form of punishment who just didn't know when to stop or used it way too often or over-agressively. For silly $#@! even.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    The same principle works in the real life with control burning i.e. using fire to fight fire. In this case of Adrian Peterson, its using extreme violence to nip the bad behavior in the bud. I got a good whooping from my father 1 time when I was around 6 and to this day, I haven't forgotten the lesson I learned from that beating. I remember the 30 min talk before being told to go out and pluck the stick to be used, I remember the tree limbs I inspected before settling for the one rubbery cane.

Its an shortcut way to teach a bad kid good behavior and if applied correctly, the lesson learned lasts a lifetime.
    Last edited by juleswin; 09-12-2014 at 08:04 PM.

at least he, as a black man, is taking responsibility for raising his boy with discipline.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Heh. I know, right. I was thinking the same thing. Fuggin taft...

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Are you opposed to black men taking responsibility for raising their boys with discipline
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

AP was probably raised by his granny, but the little old church ladies who used to do this often did not care if the kid was theirs; if the kid had friends over, they were fair game, too. Breaking off your own switch is what makes it so effective. I don't know if a 4-year-old is old enough to be able to go out and do that. I remember I was around 7 or 8, I would be hanging out in the woods with other kids, and we would practice breaking switches that wouldn't hurt as much, but wouldn't get rejected either. We knew it had to be green, because that is the first thing that is checked.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast