Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Popes who were not valid; thus breaking the apostolic succession chain

bump....
    Ephesians 2:8-9-

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin007 View Post
    bump....
    For one thing, it looks like Roman Catholics gave up talking to you.

I'm an Orthodox, so I don't really care to look up whether your info is correct or dispute whether they were valid or not, but I think a lot of Protestants put way too much emphasis on the Pope. He is the primary bishop among many bishops. He is not the entire Church but a mere part. He is not considered God by Catholics as Sola has tried to claim. He is a mere man who temporarily occupies the seat of St Peter until he dies or retires. They are men with human failings-- a few may be in hell. A few saints are attributed with saying something to the effect "the road to hell is paved by the skulls of bishops."

The importance of the apostolic heritage is more along the lines of the teachings of the Church (the pillar and foundation of the truth) rather than the strawman argument that the Catholic Faith is in the Men.

Eduardo, were he here, would have explained it much better, I am sure.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    No actually, just the curious and interested ones, to all of the folks like you we just give them a pass.

Yeah, because some of them use really big words and are way too hard for you to understand.

Don't worry about it, you don't have to risk learning anything new from either of us. We like you just the way you are.

You may now safely return to your authorized, filtered, predigested orthodox pablum. Bon Appetit.

My words came out a bit harsher towards you than I meant. I know you like to stir things up-- I actually like that, and your sense of humor as mentioned above and in other posts

But you gotta admit, when you refuse to look at historic documents and then answer with a google bomb as proof where half the links disagree with you, it does feel like you expect us to go through a pile looking for a nugget.

As for you last statement before Bon Appetit. I know you dislike Orthodoxy, but consider in the Eastern Block countries, the first group the communist went after was the Church, killing millions, but they didn't kill the faith.

Quote Originally Posted by robert68 View Post
    That alone disqualifies all bishops that receive privileges from rulers; hence, disqualifies the traditional Christian Church’s both east and west.
    Provide proof of your positive claim, plz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    No actually, just the curious and interested ones, to all of the folks like you we just give them a pass.

Yeah, because some of them use really big words and are way too hard for you to understand.

Don't worry about it, you don't have to risk learning anything new from either of us. We like you just the way you are.

You may now safely return to your authorized, filtered, predigested orthodox pablum.
    Bon Appetit.
    Why do you suppose that to be better or worse than your arbitrary, fabricated, often internally contradictory and historically inaccurate heterodox pablum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12