Thread: Salon.com anti homeschool hit piece

Salon.com anti homeschool hit piece

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just sounds like someone is reaching for more of an excuse for government intervention in the lives of families, by looking at exceptional cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    Just sounds like someone is reaching for more of an excuse for government intervention in the lives of families, by looking at exceptional cases.
    Exactly. And note one of the author's complaints is that one homeschooler made it to 21 without knowing about sex. Well that also means she made it to 21 without getting pregnant or catching an STD. Oh, and parents are "bad" if they teach their children that public school is "bad".
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I was home schooled through highschool. I, and a few of my siblings, attended separate colleges on this list: http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandre...cience-physics

Do it.

No Longer Quivering is not a new blog. It has been out there a while. Being somewhat connected to that community, I think a lot of what she says is not necessarily true, or at least that the owner of the blog needs to do some work with a professional to resolve some of her feelings. I don't deny that she sees her experience for what it was, but she also made the choice to buy into the lie of the teaching she lived under for many years.

I think the blogosphere can be one of the most self-affirming and ego massaging communities out there--especially when it comes to people who have made a radical change in their lives. There are few things so obnoxious as the zeal of the reformed. They all quote each other and it's so just because they say so. It's the same with many secular communities. Extremism exists. When it proves to be a lie, doesn't necessarily mean that the opposite is the truth.

We homeschooled our daughter for ten years. She is an excellent reader and holds a college degree in education. Her husband (home schooled for several years and private schooled for the rest) is likewise brilliant and they have awesome kids.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi