Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In Japan, Burger King Has a Black Cheese Burger

In Japan, Burger King Has a Black Cheese Burger

Ewwww....

Looks like they found a way to make BK food more unappealing.

The black buns? We've seen those before. But why, Burger King, why black cheese? Why?

NariNari reports that Burger King Japan is rolling out another "Kuro Burger" ("Black Burger"), with buns made from bamboo charcoal, an onion and garlic sauce made with squid ink, beef patties made with black pepper, and black cheese, which is also apparently made with bamboo charcoal.

I don't think I've ever seen black cheese in my entire life. This could be a first for me.

There are two types of burgers: the Kuro (Black) Pearl and the Kuro (Black) Diamond with all the fixings. The burgers go on sale later this month in Japan for a limited time only.

http://kotaku.com/in-japan-burger-ki...ger-1632883542

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The black bread doesn't bother me, but black cheese?

racist
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

I'd hit it.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Halloween burgers!
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I'd hit it.
    I wonder if the burger is medium rare.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Yuck

Looks like something an Environmentalist group would use to campaign against Big Oil...

They look like they were made from tar pits the dinosaurs got stuck in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Hell , they even have black tomatoes, there are probably even people on the forum who have grown them , I grew pink tomatoes this yr ,and yellow , eat green and red tomatoes and grew some purple carrots one yr

Do not think I am putting any black cheese on my list , though. I do like blue cheese , LOL

Nothing wrong with weird food. The thing that bothers me is that it's Burger King that's making weird food.

This is what it looks like when you order it apparently;

Sounds crazy but I'd definitely eat it. If only to try. It does look kind of tasty.
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 09-13-2014 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Hell , they even have black tomatoes, there are probably even people on the forum who have grown them , I grew pink tomatoes this yr ,and yellow , eat green and red tomatoes and grew some purple carrots one yr
    I've had purple potatoes. They were really starchy, I didn't care for them.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I like the purple onions though , in salad

Once you go black, you never go back.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I like the purple onions though , in salad
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    Once you go black, you never go back.

Royales with Cheese.

Asking around , looks like the one with the normal lettuce & tomato go for about $7 .

Hell , I bought four , nearly one lb ea sirloins today for about $13.50 .I would have to skip the $7 burger, lol

There are a lot of varieties of purple potatoes. I have some truffle potatoes growing here, they taste pretty decent.

But it's mostly fun just because you don't expect potato stuff to be purple. I tried to make crisps with it but it's really hard to keep the color while frying. I use mine to make mashed potatoes..

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    There are a lot of varieties of purple potatoes. I have some truffle potatoes growing here, they taste pretty decent.

But it's mostly fun just because you don't expect potato stuff to be purple. I tried to make crisps with it but it's really hard to keep the color while frying. I use mine to make mashed potatoes..
    I only tried them because I always let my boys pick out something at the farmers market. The purple potatoes were disappointing but the Limburger cheese was hands down the worst.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    BURGER KING’S BLACK ‘GOTH BURGER’ COMING TO THE USA JUST IN TIME FOR HALLOWEEN?

Last year, we brought you the news of Burger King’s limited edition Japan-only black hamburger. The unusual appearance of the so-called “Kuro Burgers” is due to their bamboo-coal-infused buns, squid-inked cheese, and pepper-encrusted meat patties.

A black hamburger. Why not? McDonald’s has its green “Shamrock Shake” every year for St. Patrick’s Day, why shouldn’t diehard goths be able to wolf down a seasonal “Kuro Burger” before they go trick or treating or to a Bauhaus reunion concert?

Now fast-food loving American goths will have a chance at eating this evil-looking fatty delicacy which will allegedly be known here as the “Halloween Whopper.”

Sadly, unlike the black burgers sold in Japan, the US version won’t have black cheese or the squid-ink sauce. Boo! Anecdotal reviews on Twitter and elsewhere have indicated that the Kuro burgers do not actually have an unusual taste, they just look good when being eaten by someone with a lot of eyeliner and teased up black hair.

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/b..._for_halloween
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

ahhhh...free market capitalism at work....

used to work in a high speed bread and bun plant and we used to call that 'burned'...heh...hope they taste good.

You ate a potato and found it was too starchy? Have you ever eaten a potato before? What did you expect to find in this particular potato besides starch? Meat? Butter? Maple syrup? Potato=starch. Always. Purple potato=purple starch. Sheesh. Were you raised by wolves? Do I have to teach you everything?
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    You ate a potato and found it was too starchy?
    Yes.

Have you ever eaten a potato before?
    Yes.

What did you expect to find in this particular potato besides starch?
    Less starch.

Meat?
    Bacon would be nice.

Butter?
    Of course.

Maple syrup?
    Maple bacon.

Potato=starch. Always.
    Some seem starchier than others.

Purple potato=purple starch.
    Yeah, I noticed that and it was kind of gnarly.

Sheesh. Were you raised by wolves?
    Yes.

Do I have to teach you everything?
    Obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

In Hawaii, McDonald's has poi. <blech!>

Quote Originally Posted by willwash View Post
    Halloween burgers!
    Called it over a year ago!
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast