Thread: DC teacher has sixth-graders compare George Bush to Adolf Hitler

DC teacher has sixth-graders compare George Bush to Adolf Hitler

An unidentified McKinley Middle School teacher sent students home with an assignment instructing them to compare and contrast Bush and Hitler as part of a unit on “War and Peace,” according to a statement by district officials. (AP)

A public school teacher in Washington who instructed sixth-graders to compare former President George W. Bush to Adolf Hitler has learned her own lesson, according to district officials, but critics wonder why she still has a job.

D.C. Public Schools Chancellor Kaya Henderson responded to the controversy late Wednesday on Twitter, saying no curriculum intended to make the comparison “in any way” and that the district and unidentified teacher are “deeply apologetic” about the matter. Henderson said the teacher has been ordered to apologize to the class.

“No DCPS curriculum says 2 make these comparisons in any way,” Henderson wrote. “Teacher used poor judgment & will apologize.”

Marc Thiessen, who worked for years as Bush’s speechwriter, said the teacher should be terminated immediately.

A person who can’t tell the difference between George W. Bush and Adolf Hitler shouldn’t be teaching children,” Thiessen told FoxNews.com. “This isn’t even political bias, this is utter incompetence.”

The McKinley Middle School teacher sent students home with a Venn diagram instructing them to compare and contrast Bush and Hitler as part of a unit on “War and Peace,” according to a statement by district officials. It was left to the students to determine how Bush, the 43rd U.S. president who was elected to two terms, stacked up against Hitler, whose Nazi Germany perpetrated a Holocaust that killed more than 6 million Jews.

“This isn’t even political bias, this is utter incompetence."
    - Marc Thiessen, former Bush speechwriter

“This week, a DCPS teacher created a worksheet to assign as homework which asked students to compare and contrast President George W. Bush and Adolf Hitler, after reading two texts,” the statement read. “No DCPS curriculum materials suggest in any way that teachers should compare the texts in this manner or compare Hitler to any other individual. One text, ‘Fighting Hitler — A Holocaust Story’ is part of the current suggested materials. The text about President Bush is not suggested as part of the current year’s curriculum, but was included last year in a separate unit. The teacher deeply regrets this mistake, and any suggestion to malign the presidency or make any comparison in this egregious way.”

School officials will also send a letter home to families explaining the incident.

“The teacher admits to extremely poor judgment and short sightedness and will apologize to students,” the statement continued.

District spokeswoman Melissa Salmanowitz declined to identify the teacher to FoxNews.com or to indicate whether he or she will be disciplined.

The assignment shows a “level of ignorance that’s uncorrectable,” added Thiessen, who said he wasn’t exactly surprised by the assignment.

“I’m not shocked by anything that happens in D.C. Public Schools,” he said. “I feel sorry for the fact that there are parents who are actually stuck in a system who hires a person like that. With all the problems that D.C. Public Schools have, you’ve got a teacher who exposes children to this? This is the best they can find?”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/09/11...ush-to-hitler/
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hitler wouldn't be my first choice....

OMG! Teacher departed from common core! She's a witch! Burn her!!!

Last edited by presence; 09-11-2014 at 09:40 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Intellectual exercises must be eliminated in favor of political indoctrination and cultural conditioning in the USSA education system.

instructing them to compare and contrast Bush and Hitler
    Do any of these people that are outraged understand the concept of compare and contrast?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    I literally laughed out loud. Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    Hitler wouldn't be my first choice....
    Unfortunately, the choice of people in the exercises may indicates some type of agenda or bias too.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

“A person who can’t tell the difference between George W. Bush and Adolf Hitler shouldn’t be teaching children,”
    Yes, they both do have different names and the teacher should acknowledge that...

Of course the assignment was a COMPARE AND CONTRAST, they actually used a ven diagram.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

NAILED IT

EXTRA CREDIT
    now somebody make me a sammich.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If the teacher goes into detail about the 2 false-flags, I'd be impressed.

Actually Hitler was smarter.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I bet this teacher wouldn't say the same about Obama.
    Stop believing stupid things

Its hella complex contrast for sixth graders. The two were quite different in things they did and the contexts they operated in.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Do any of these people that are outraged understand the concept of compare and contrast?
    Yes, CONTRAST means the students can write how Bush is not Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    War on women! Reported...

Intellectual exercises must be eliminated in favor of political indoctrination and cultural conditioning in the USSA education system.

That's what I was thinking. But if she was reasonable, she'd include Obama and/or Lincoln in the assignment.

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    Its hella complex contrast for sixth graders. The two were quite different in things they did and the contexts they operated in.
    It is, but I think that children are vastly underchallenged here too. If the teacher is good, she gives the context as part of the lesson, along with the actions they took.

Killing Muslims, killing Jews. Which one is worse and why?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    It is, but I think that children are vastly underchallenged here too. If the teacher is good, she gives the context as part of the lesson, along with the actions they took.

Killing Muslims, killing Jews. Which one is worse and why?
    Well , global warming people would have to insist on the muslims , since there are more of them, lol

Sadly when you start compare and contrast Hitler to modern World Leaders, the Compare side of your graph is going to get pretty filled up while the Contrast side gets cold and lonely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Interesting chart. But on Bush's side #7 shouldn't say "Amend the constitution". It should say "Ignore the constitution". It would be at least constitutional if Bush had followed the constitutional process to take away our constitutional rights. And #8 left out the NSA. They're the main ones spying on the American people.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I wouldn't get too excited. It's more likely than not that the teacher praises her Democrat masters.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    I wouldn't get too excited. It's more likely than not that the teacher praises her Democrat masters.
    well , probably where the union dues go .

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Interesting chart. But on Bush's side #7 shouldn't say "Amend the constitution". It should say "Ignore the constitution". It would be at least constitutional if Bush had followed the constitutional process to take away our constitutional rights. And #8 left out the NSA. They're the main ones spying on the American people.
    And that's not how one spells 'amend'. And the OSS was an American agency; I've never seen a hint of evidence it did $#@! for Hitler. He had the SS and the Gestapo, yes, but not the U.S. Office of Strategic Services.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    I bet this teacher wouldn't say the same about Obama.
    That was my thought two. Heil Obama

What's the matter with comparing and contrasting. I guess we might as well terminate all critical thinking all together. Obviously the have similarities and differences. The same could be said for any two world leaders through out history.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    my wife is now a teacher. she so badly wants to teach about false flag incidents. the only difference between bush and hitler was that hitler killed millions of jews, bush killed millions of brown people. same thing. murder is murder.

btw im getting slammed on Farce book for this statement. lol

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    my wife is now a teacher. she so badly wants to teach about false flag incidents. the only difference between bush and hitler was that hitler killed millions of jews, bush killed millions of brown people. same thing. murder is murder.

It's all about planting that seed of doubt... you never convince someone in a debate, whether in person or online, it's all about wearing them down. Thanks for fighting the good fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post

Hitler tortured millions of people... now, I know Bush did torture some people, but Hitler flat out tortured millions of people to death. Not to mention invading far more countries than Bush did (Bush invaded 2, while Hitler invaded several.)

Also, Bush's invasions were, at least in theory, intended to liberate (Admittedly, I doubt Bush was stupid enough to actually believe this would work) the countries in question.

Mind you, Bush is absolutely awful. I've gotten flack even here for saying the man deserves execution. But there's still some difference between him and Hitler.

BTW: No, I have no problems with students comparing and contrasting the two.