Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Endorsing Scott Brown

Endorsing Scott Brown

Rand is in NH for a post-primary unity breakfast, a GenOpp event, and to endorse Sen. Scott Brown: https://www.facebook.com//#!/events/...n_user_invited

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is he the guy who drives a truck?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

I'm going to cut him some slack. He is playing the game.

The same Scott Brown that wanted to empower Obummer to strip citizenship from suspected terrorists?

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Is he the guy who drives a truck?
    Yeah, the carpetbagging RINO from MA. Why scott brown, when there are so many GOOD candidates out there for Rand to endorse? Who's next, wankford?
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    The same Scott Brown that wanted to empower Obummer to strip citizenship from suspected terrorists?
    That seems to be what Ted Cruz wants to do as well.

This is a unity event and Rand is working to get a Republican majority in the Senate. Scott Brown is in a 50/50 race where an endorsement like this can make a difference and put him over the top. Endorsements mean nothing....people really need to get off their high horses and being "pure" on endorsements. It's not a big deal at all and is in no way indicative of Rand's policy making.
    SUPPORT LIBERTY IN 2016

We're talking about endorsing the Republican nominee against a Democrat opponent. Right?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    Yeah, the carpetbagging RINO from MA. Why scott brown, when there are so many GOOD candidates out there for Rand to endorse? Who's next, wankford?
    What candidates are you talking about? Like third party hacks or something?

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    There is really no difference with Brown's politics and Jeanne Shaheen in office, currently.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    There is really no difference with Brown's politics and Jeanne Shaheen in office, currently.
    If that's the case, then there's no harm done here.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    We have two whole sections of RPF devoted to Liberty Candidates, in addition to separate sections for selected individual Liberty Candidates. You've never noticed this?
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

We have two whole sections of RPF devoted to Liberty Candidates, in addition to separate sections for selected individual Liberty Candidates. You've never noticed this?
    Rand is not trying to convince the liberty movement he is the right guy for the job. He is trying to convince the other guys he is the right guy for the job. He needs to work outside of our very small circle (Ron Paul's base is around 2 million votes if you look at his primary vote totals)
    SUPPORT LIBERTY IN 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Massachusetts View Post
    Rand is not trying to convince the liberty movement he is the right guy for the job. He is trying to convince the other guys he is the right guy for the job. He needs to work outside of our very small circle (Ron Paul's base is around 2 million votes if you look at his primary vote totals)
    Yeah, endorsing a guy who cast almost half of his votes with the democrats is real convincing to the average Republican. I'm not one to tear Rand down, and I feel he's doing a fantastic job, but this is a really lousy endorsement. I suppose we should expect the tom cotton endorsement next.

this is ok, Brown is lesser of 2 evils. and could be useful in 2016.

Are any of those candidates running against Scott Brown?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, endorsing a guy who cast almost half of his votes with the democrats is real convincing to the average Republican. I'm not one to tear Rand down, and I feel he's doing a fantastic job, but this is a really lousy endorsement. I suppose we should expect the tom cotton endorsement next.
    You're talking about endorsing him in the general election, not a Republican primary. Right?

If so, I don't get why you don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    this is ok, Brown is lesser of 2 evils. and could be useful in 2016.
    Yes, but still an evil nonetheless.

ETA: That mindset has taken this country completely off course.
    Last edited by donnay; 09-12-2014 at 07:53 AM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Yes, but still an evil nonetheless.

ETA: That mindset has taken this country completely off course.

Who would you rather have in office if Rand were president? A Republican that he endorsed, he or a Democrat? If you think it makes no difference, you're a blithering idiot.

Politics matter. Just because you wish it wasn't so doesn't make it that way.

Then they should ask him for an endorsement. I bet many have received endorsements already.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Scott Brown will be more respectful of Rand than Kelly Ayotte.

Brown said if Republicans want Rand or Cruz to be Chairman of a committee, vote for Brown.

Also Brown hasn't really done anything totally pissing off the base, like Ayotte voting for amnesty.

Brown is clearly popular. He did better than Tillis, Coats, Ayotte and others.
    Last edited by RandallFan; 09-12-2014 at 03:08 PM.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Obligatory Scott Brown thread flashback:
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    Who would you rather have in office if Rand were president? A Republican that he endorsed, he or a Democrat? If you think it makes no difference, you're a blithering idiot.

LOL! Blithering idiot eh? Well, how much of the voting for the lesser of two evils has turned this country around?

So that must make you insane, eh? “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Scott Brown, the Mitt Romney of Senate elections
    A society that places equality before freedom with get neither; A society that places freedom before equality will yield high degrees of both

Make a move and plead the 5th because you can't plead the 1st

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    FYI, most mainstream Republicans like Scott Brown....this is just politics. Nothing more, nothing less.

It's a damn endorsement and Rand is trying to help the Republicans recapture the Senate. It's pretty obvious and endorsements don't mean anything in the end...
    SUPPORT LIBERTY IN 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Massachusetts View Post
    FYI, most mainstream Republicans like Scott Brown....this is just politics. Nothing more, nothing less.

It's a damn endorsement and Rand is trying to help the Republicans recapture the Senate. It's pretty obvious and endorsements don't mean anything in the end...
    He was only liked because he has an "-R" after his name, and managed to win an election in a liberal state. It wasn't because of his record, by any means.

He was only liked because he has an "-R" after his name, and managed to win an election in a liberal state. It wasn't because of his record, by any means.
    I never said it was. But Rand is trying to align himself in the public eye with a popular "moderate" Republican who has appeal on both sides of the aisle. It's an endorsement....not...a...big....deal. POLITICS is important if you want to win elections.
    SUPPORT LIBERTY IN 2016

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post

Yes, playing politics has worked so well up to this point, amirite?

NH's federal representation is awful, Scott Brown will not improve it.

And I know that, you all know that Newt Gingrich wants to build a colony on the moon,” he said. “Forget the moon. I think he should build it on whatever planet Ron Paul’s from. That’ll work.”
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...contraception/

Quote Originally Posted by RP Supporter View Post
    I don't see this as an issue. If Rand wants to win he is going to have to make nice with a lot of officials and voters who thought Ron was a wacky guy from another planet.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast