Thread: Rand Paul turns down Burning Man invite, says he'll be 'pretty busy next summer'

Rand Paul turns down Burning Man invite, says he'll be 'pretty busy next summer'

Rand Paul turns down Burning Man invite, says he'll be 'pretty busy next summer'

by ALICIA MENENDEZ TONIGHT
    Posted 09/10/2014, 05:03PM

Busy with what? After receiving a personal challenge from Americans for Tax Reform President Grover Norquist to join him at Burning Man next year, Senator Rand Paul told Fusion on Wednesday, "Thank you kindly for the invitation, Grover. I'll certainly consider it, but I think I might be pretty busy next summer." Think that's a nod toward a possible presidential run? We're thinking, yes.

At Burning Man, Norquist told Fusion his plans to return with a 'dream team' at next year's event. The lineup includes Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-Calif.), Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) and a personal challenge from Grover Norquist to Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.). "I think if he came out here, he’d carry the art vote," Norquist laughed.

read more:
    http://fusion.net/culture/story/rand...pretty-1037641

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wise move. It would have resulted in some crazy photo stunt with Rand surrounded by naked people or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Wise move. It would have resulted in some crazy photo stunt with Rand surrounded by naked people or something like that.
    This comes to mind:

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    This comes to mind:

lol I was unaware of that incident.

http://lgbtpov.frontiersla.com/2011/...hen-character/

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Yep.

And who'd want to hang out with those people at burning man anyway?

That'd be like going to a rave with Mike Huckabee.

Hmm... I wonder what he meant by that... what will he be doing?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Just so you know - the Alicia Menendez that works for fusion, is Senator Robert Menendez's daughter.

Burning Man is the number one communist camping festival. The Porcupine Freedom Festival is the number libertarian camping festival in the nation. I'd hope Rand Paul isn't a communist!
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lol at the people that say it is not political. Kucinich was there also.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

I'll bet Ron would do it. This would be a great idea, IMO. A big reason libertarian ideas haven't yet germinated in the general consciousness of Americans outside of academia and the Internet is that a lot of us are far too convinced of everyone else's obligation to learn and understand the truth, and far too few of us are aware of our own (moral) obligation to go out into the real world and spread it.
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

But he's still going to be at Lollapalooza,right?
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

This comes to mind:

ill still punch sasha in the $#@!ing mouth for that ron paul stunt if i ever see him. then ill get my ass beat probably by him. but itll b worth it for rons sake. $#@! that $#@!. he took the most honest guy in our gov and tried to screw with him.

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    ill still punch sasha in the $#@!ing mouth for that ron paul stunt if i ever see him. then ill get my ass beat probably by him. but itll b worth it for rons sake. $#@! that $#@!. he took the most honest guy in our gov and tried to screw with him.
    I said almost the exact same thing after I watched that movie.

Burning Man is not pro-liberty. On the other hand, the Liberty Forum is. Ron Paul spoke at two Liberty Forums including the first ever in Concord, New Hampshire.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

RP formally filed with the FEC - Federal Election Commission - by mid-March 2007 . . . Romney was the only one declared at that time -
    very early spring . . .

So it is increasingly sounding and looking like Rand should be good to go on about the same time-table as his Dad . . .
    it may be up to the voters of the great State of Kentucky if he can be in the re-election primary for the Senate seat at the same time

I'd ask . . . where or rather what forum/venue should be the official/unofficial announcement . . .
    Jay Leno had alot of political comment and satire in his "schtick" - RP was very popular at the Burbank Studios twice -

don't know where Rand could get into the mainstream popular like that nowadays . . . maybe some of the young'uns have ideas 'bout 'dat . . .

Netflix.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Wink

This comes to mind:

I know Laugh out loud, what if Mr Paul had decided to get in and dance about, now that would of been a sight. I'm still interested to know what techno $#@! was playing, or dance remix track was that being played.

He should Officially announce around the time of CPAC 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by extortion17 View Post

....love that photo.

Whoever took that is going to have some serious royalties incoming once the historians start writing about President Rand Paul's remarkable journey to the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    Burning Man is the number one communist camping festival. The Porcupine Freedom Festival is the number libertarian camping festival in the nation. I'd hope Rand Paul isn't a communist!
    Burning man is more anarcho-communist, nobody forces anybody to share anything.

Burning Man also has way more entertainment value.. I'd love to go to Porcfest but Burning Man would be way more fun.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Smartest thing Dave Brat did was to avoid Grover Norquist. Rand should do the same. Norquist may be setting Rand up with some of the invites he has sent out to Rand.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.