Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ted Cruz Booed Off Stage At Middle East Christian Conference

Apparently these people are unaware that they constitute a tiny minority of Christians worldwide
    Yep. The dispensationalist's bubble.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Cruz
    Sometimes we are told not to loop these groups together, that we have to understand their so called nuances and differences. But we shouldn’t try to parse different manifestations of evil that are on a murderous rampage through the region.
    Yeah lets not get all wrapped up in fear of collectivizing individuals. Not in wartime!
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ////
    Last edited by Origanalist; 09-11-2014 at 06:53 AM.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    Cruz's problem is that he is not Paul Ryan and he is in the GOP.
    You suggesting that Paul Ryan has already been anointed by the establishment to be the Republican nominee?

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Really? Syria is engaged in a vicious genocidal campaign to destroy religious minorities in the Middle East? his very stupid on the issues of middle east regrading Syria.
    LOL. Yeah. That is pretty retarded. Assad is the main one protecting Christians. It's interesting to note that Iraqi Christians fled to Syria, not Israel, after the overthrow of Saddam.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Oh wow. I just finally watched the clip. "If you will not stand with Israel than I will not stand with you." Really? So Ted I guess that means you don't actually care about the plight of middle eastern Christians. You just use them for a prop. Very disappointing.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    You suggesting that Paul Ryan has already been anointed by the establishment to be the Republican nominee?
    Seeing as I've had a number of boomers recently ask me what I think about Paul Ryan since he came out with a new book I can definitely see that as a distinct possibility. They even had him guest host the Hannity Radio show a couple weeks back.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 09-11-2014 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Does anyone else besides me think Ted Cruz is a rather poor public speaker? Among other things, the sincerity meter only gets up to about a 1 or 2 for me when he speaks.
    Yeah, he definitely broadcasts on the "used-car salesman" frequency for me. Part of it is probably due to all his years of high school and college debate; when you're trained to "passionately" defend both sides of an argument depending on the day, you run the risk of becoming reliant on phony platitudes.

Also, to rephrase the famous insult slightly: Ted Cruz is a stupid person's idea of what a wise statesman sounds like.

Quote Originally Posted by nayjevin View Post
    Yeah lets not get all wrapped up in fear of collectivizing individuals. Not in wartime!
    And the thing that makes the Middle East an interventionist (secular jihadi?) Wonderland is that it's always wartime there!
    Last edited by Inkblots; 09-11-2014 at 07:39 AM.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Seeing as I've had a number of boomers recently ask me what I think about Paul Ryan since he came out with a new book I can definitely see that as a distinct possibility. They even had him guest host the Hannity Radio show a couple weeks back.
    I definitely agree that it's a distinct possibility. But there are still a lot of other distinct possibilities out there as I see it.

Granted, whoever they pick, it won't be Cruz.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Yeah, he definitely broadcasts on the "used-car salesman" frequency for me. Part of it is probably due to all his years of high school and college debate; when you're trained to "passionately" defend both sides of an argument depending on the day, you run the risk of becoming reliant on phony platitudes.

Also, to rephrase the famous insult slightly: Ted Cruz is a stupid person's idea of a wise statesman sounds like.
    I hate his slow, halted way of speaking. Some people like it I guess but it comes off to me like he thinks he is talking to retarded folk. To me it is just annoying and I cant listen for long.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    If they didn't want to be seen as terrorists, they shouldn't have criticized Israel. We don't need any video.

"Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, 'He has blasphemed. What need of witnesses have we now? There! You have just heard the blasphemy.'"
    Last edited by Inkblots; 09-11-2014 at 07:42 AM.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

They shouldn't have let Ted Cruz come home to run for President. They should have arrested him on the spot. He's a murderous scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Cruz is the ultimate slimy politician.
    That was my impression the very first time I saw him open his mouth in the Texas Primary.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    More accurately described as Darbyism.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Assad is the main one protecting Christians. It's interesting to note that Iraqi Christians fled to Syria, not Israel, after the overthrow of Saddam.
    Why is this not talked about more? Rand should take note.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Harris View Post
    That was my impression the very first time I saw him open his mouth in the Texas Primary.
    Some of us recognize the egotistical panderers the minute they talk.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Does anyone else besides me think Ted Cruz is a rather poor public speaker? Among other things, the sincerity meter only gets up to about a 1 or 2 for me when he speaks.

He also looks like Grandpa Munster.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	original.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	3078
    Last edited by Carlybee; 09-11-2014 at 07:57 AM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Apparently these people are unaware that they constitute a tiny minority of Christians worldwide, the overwhelming majority of whom don't share their bizarre obsession with Israel. Meanwhile, the politicians (like Cruz) that these holy-rollers support are arming the barbarians in Syria who are butchering Christian communities that pre-date their own sect by nearly 20 centuries.

Insanity
    I wouldn't worry too much about the comments, odds are they're mostly Megaphone users.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    More accurately described as Darbyism.
    More accurately described as inaccurate. The leading advocates for the "Israel is our friend" obsession are evangelicals like Pat Robertson (not a dispensationalist). The neo-con mutation of evangelicals happened across the board, over the course of the '90's. The current Israel political idolatry does not come from dispensationalism or Darbyism, as it did not develop into its current state until the post-Reagan era. Biblical support for Israel being equated with lockstep political allegiance with AIPAC and the Likud government is of recent vintage.

Reagan/Bush era GOP kept lying to social conservatives about taking action on reversing social left victories (abortion, homosexuality, school prayer etc) throughout the '80's. So to placate the Christian right (and make them forget about the party's failures on moral issues) the neocons talked them into merging their theological and prophecy views with political Zionism, in order to give them a sense of political 'victory' when electing Republicans who ran on pro-Israel rhetoric. The scam worked, and broadly on the whole Christian right, be it dispensationalist on non-dispenationalist.
    Last edited by Peace&Freedom; 10-13-2014 at 11:02 AM.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Love it. He just got the rude awakening he deserved. He cares more about a bunch of people who reject Jesus as a heretic than those who don't. Tells you everything you need to know.
    ...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Has anybody watched the clip on Youtube? Gotta love the comments.

Arabs are subhuman dogs. It matters very little what religion those animals claim to follow, they are feral tribal sheep lovers. Bomb them all to hell.
    Reasonable commenter:
    I've heard this hatred before, The American Indians were called savages and killed by the millions. The blacks were called sub-human and enslaved. The Jews were called inferior, rounded up and gassed. Stop your hatred before it leads to ANOTHER holocaust.

Response: American Indians were polluting and killing our land, they killed most of the buffalos and polluted the water. Blacks have been given every chance on earth, every benefit, every penny of our taxes, every entitlement and what is the result? Wake up! Jews? They were rounded up and gassed by nazis and fascists equal to today's American liberals. Thank you for letting me educate you.
    You're the one needs to extricate your head from Obama's ass. But don't worry. The Mooslims will cut your needless head off. Then we'll all be better off. You just keep voting for Dems and Libs and next thing you know SHARIA LAW!
    When the Jews were being killed, lynched by mobs and thrown out of arab & muslim "countries", these "christians" stood idly by (when they didn't actually join in and persecute the Jews).
    Ah, all the reasons why our country is hated and war is non-stop... It's funny how some people will choose Israel over their fellow Christians. It's almost like the country is an extension of the United States itself!

War is Peace!
    Freedom is Slavery!
    Ignorance is Strength!

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    More accurately described as inaccurate. The leading advocates for the "Israel is our friend" obsession are evangelicals like Pat Robertson (not a dispensationalist). The neo-con mutation of evangelicals happened across the board, over the course of the '90's. The current Israel political idolatry does not come from dispensationalism or Darbyism, as it did not develop into its current state until the post-Reagan era. Biblical support for Israel being equated with lockstep political allegiance with AIPAC and the Likud government is of recent vintage.

Reagan/Bush era GOP kept lying to social conservatives about taking action on reversing social left victories (abortion, homosexuality, school prayer etc) throughout the '80's, so to placate the Christian right (and make them forget about the party's failures on moral issues) the neocons talked them into merging their theological and prophecy views with political Zionism, in order to give them a sense of political 'victory.' The scam worked, and broadly on the whole Christian right, be it dispensationalist on non-dispenationalit.
    You cannot deny that in the modern US, dispensationalists are far more religious about their support for Israel than non-dispensationalists. I understand that there are exceptions but that is the general rule.

Quote Originally Posted by COpatriot View Post
    Love it. He just got the rude awakening he deserved. He cares more about a bunch of people who reject Jesus as a heretic than those who don't. Tells you everything you need to know.

A lot of mainstream Protestant churches now "embrace" Israel and it's not accidental, they have been courted for years through a propaganda campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Yeah, he definitely broadcasts on the "used-car salesman" frequency for me.
    Ha! I was getting ready to say the exact same thing. Not that there is anything wrong with used car salesmen. But, yes. He sounds just like one.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I hate his slow, halted way of speaking. Some people like it I guess but it comes off to me like he thinks he is talking to retarded folk. To me it is just annoying and I cant listen for long.
    He sounds very lawyerish.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    A lot of mainstream Protestant churches now "embrace" Israel and it's not accidental, they have been courted for years through a propaganda campaign.
    Definitely. It's amazing what abuse of scripture will do if you do it long enough.

I think a lot of it also boils down to, as someone else already said, the American need to have simple answers to everything. 9/11? They (Muslims) hate freedom. Middle East wars? They're all Jew-haters.

A lot of Americans need a clear-cut good guy and bad guy in any cause, so MSM plays up Israel as a kind of underdog good guy and then exploits the likes of Al Qaeda and ISIS as the bad guys, always neglecting to mention how these groups come about to begin with, for that would just complicate the issue.

Forgive the old television references, but this is all to often played up as though Israel and the United States are like a Jewish/Christian version of Hercules and Iolaus, or Xena and Gabrielle. Friends and allies to the end, always coming to the aid of the oppressed and weak. Nothing could be further from the truth, but that makes the issue messy and muddled.

In reality, there are very few instances where a situation is truly black and white.

Here is the entire video at this link, it does seem they reacted negatively towards the talk of Israel.

http://blogs.cbn.com/thebrodyfile/ar...e-eastern.aspx

Here is a quote from the Brody File which has the video at the above link.

some in the crowd were Palestinian Christian supporters of the Syrian government
    The event was billed as a gathering of Middle Eastern Christian leaders that were trying to raise awareness about the threat to Arab minorities by the terrorist group ISIS.
    Look folks, a couple things here. Some, not all Christians in the Middle East see Israel in a far different light than evangelical Christians. Clearly, Ted Cruz understood that last night. But also, let’s remember here: Born-Again Evangelical Christians LOVE Israel. It’s just that simple.
    Oh, one more thing. Ted Cruz getting booed off stage is not a bad scenario at all for the Senator. Standing with Israel and willing to walk off stage because of it will endear him to evangelical Christians around America, especially in (wink wink) Iowa and South Carolina if he runs for president.
    Last edited by orenbus; 09-11-2014 at 10:50 AM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Israel is not a Christian nation
    http://www.voxday.blogspot.com/2014/...an-nation.html

Someone clearly needs to explain the difference to Sen. Ted Cruz, who is not someone that any sane conservative should be supporting for president:
    [...]
    Why on Earth is Cruz babbling about Israel and Jews when the topic is "In Defense of Christians". It's no secret that Israel is openly prejudiced against Christians and Christianity, although it does not persecute them. And Jews are not Christians; simply becoming acknowledging Jesus Christ as one's Lord and Savior is enough to legally render a Jew a non-Jew in the eyes of Israeli law.

From Wikipedia: "The Supreme Court of Israel ruled in 1989 that Messianic Judaism constituted another religion, and that people who had become Messianic Jews were not therefore eligible for Aliyah under the law."

Now, I support Israel and defend its right to exist. But it was downright weird, and totally inappropriate, for Cruz to attempt to transform an event dedicated to the defense of persecuted Christians into public Holocaustianity.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Here is a another speaker that night, I think this may have been one of the people in the audience that stood up and protested Cruz's comments that you can see in the full video I linked above.

In powerful remarks offered at the "In Defense of Christians' inaugural conference in Washington, DC, His Holiness Catholicos Aram I reflected on the imperatives of Christian unity in the Middle East.

"Today, the churches of the Middle East, together, with firm determination, with renewed faith and commitment, affirm in the Middle East and before the international community: from this faith, no one can shake us; from our rights, from our responsibilities, from our commitment, from our lands, from our regions where we are deeply rooted - no one can shake us, not any power in this world," stated His Holiness Aram I to over 600 religious leaders and believers.

"Unity, dear friends, is a source of strength," continued His Holiness Aram I. "Let the theologians discuss issues related to Christology, pneumatology, theology and dogma. Unity for Christians in the Middle East is being together, praying together, reflecting together, acting together, struggling together and committing ourselves to the preservation of our unity, integrity and our rights in the Middle East."

For more information about the In Defense of Christians (IDC) inaugural conference visit:
    http://www.indefenseofchristians.org/
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast