Thread: Adult diapers to soon outsell baby diapers in US

Adult diapers to soon outsell baby diapers in US

While the Japanification of markets has been a much-discussed topic in recent years, the two nations share another disturbing trend. In 2012, the land of the rising sun saw sales of adult diapers exceed those of baby diapers... and as the following chart from The Wall Street Journal shows, that trend is rapidly occurring in the land of the free...

As The Wall Street Journal notes,

Procter & Gamble Co. is getting back into a business it exited more than a decade ago—making products for adults suffering from incontinence—as it takes aim at the growing ranks of aging Americans.

Births peaked in the U.S. at 4.32 million in 2007 and declined for five years before leveling off recently. Some 3.96 million babies were born in the U.S. last year, according to preliminary data from the Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention.

The number was up slightly from 2012, but the country’s fertility rate dropped to a record low of 62.9 births per 1,000 women of childbearing age.

Meanwhile, over 3 million Americans are now turning 65 each year, according to the Pew Research Center.”
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...rash-one-chart

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Let's hear it for the aging Boomers. YAY! ( Oops )

Never trust a fart.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

When I go on a cross-country assassination mission, I ALWAYS wear a diaper. Because I am a professional.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Can't remember the name, but saw an ad the other day on tv for women's diapers that were made to look like normal "lingerie-style" underwear, with lace...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Can't remember the name, but saw an ad the other day on tv for women's diapers that were made to look like normal "lingerie-style" underwear, with lace...
    Well, lah-dee-dah. Christmas presents for the lady Boomers in my life.

Doncha know they are cool and sexy?

I am designing a super-absorbent thong.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    I am designing a super-absorbent thong.

That old man's shoes don't match

Will this trend lead to a surge in this industry, with products clamoring to fill consumer needs and spurring innovation?

Depends.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    That old man's shoes don't match

Will this trend lead to a surge in this industry, with products clamoring to fill consumer needs and spurring innovation?

Depends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

The Boomer generation moves through the economy like a goat through a python.

Always has.

Next huge generation, Millennials.
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 09-10-2014 at 01:21 PM.