Thread: Adam Kokesh UPDATE....

Adam Kokesh UPDATE....

I'm not going back to jail!

On Friday I had my final sentencing hearing in VA stemming from the video I made last Independence Day and the raid on my home. Since then, my life has taken many interesting twists and turns and it's been an incredible honor have had so many of you by my side during the challenging times.

Judge Loraine Nordlund heard the case at the plea hearing almost three months ago as well as for this most recent sentencing hearing. She seemed to have completely reversed her attitude since then. As I told The Washington Post reporter who was there covering the hearing, Justiin Jouvenal, when I was in jail, I told every guard I came into contact with, "You're a free, beautiful, independent human being, and you should never let anyone tell you otherwise." Of all the virtues of civil disobedience, having a chance to bring the message to those who would never hear it otherwise, is the most satisfying.

I got the feeling from Judge Nordlund that she had spent a good part of her time since the last hearing considering the case, my activism, the political implications of what the Park Police did, if not actually watching a good chunk of our YouTube videos! At times I felt I was talking to a fan! In the end, she sentenced me to three months completely suspended and no probation, which was a pleasant surprise. The last word we got from the prosecutor was that he was going to be seeking a year of actual jail time, but even he seemed to have dramatically backed down Friday. My attorney, Graziella Bianchi did an incredible job and I would recommend her if you ever have criminal issues in Virginia.

I've learned a lot from the last year and a half and even matured in ways I didn't think were possible, most importantly, in my attitude towards activism. I hope you know that we have released the book I began writing in jail, FREEDOM!, which you can get for free in every digital format including audiobook and order in print at our new website: thefreedomline.com. I wrote it to be the ultimate way to share the message in a way that will grow the movement. If we want to achieve a free society, we must be ruthless in our efficiency at changing the way people fundamentally think. I've made some adjustments based on this principle, and have a major announcement coming on the 15th I think you'll like.

Liberated,

Adam

PS Please support our sponsor, Amagi Metals, who has stood by us recently and makes The FREEDOM! Line possible by going to them for all your precious metals needs. Every time I mention them, I hear rave reviews from fans. amagimetals.com

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Of course. How can he be an (mod edit) if he's in prison?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

You know Adam is a Registered Member here on these forums? He isnt very active and has much better things to do than to hang out here. None the less, I think it is important that he knows he has the support of many many people.

Im glad that he is not going to jail. Its a breath of fresh air in a room over-crowded with people that suffer word vomit excuses for imprisonment.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Of course. How can he be an agent provocateur if he's in prison?
    Funny how you only believe in agent provocateurs in certain situations like this one, yet scoff when it is issues like Ferguson, Ukraine, ISIS, etc..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Of course. How can he be an agent provocateur if he's in prison?
    Neg. rep. Violation of forum guidelines.

Good. I don't agree with what he did, but I also don't think justice would be served by putting him in prison. I hope he is able to turn his life around now.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I don't agree with what he did
    Exercise his Constitutionally enumerated right to keep and bear arms?

I hope he is able to turn his life around now
    From what and to what?
    Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense.
    -Ron Paul

Well, $#@!in' a! They tried to break you like a stubborn horse, did they not...I suppose it's only fitting that I find this news at RPF. They tried so hard to "make an example out of you," Adam, but...

Just glad you aren't rotting in a hole somewhere. Keep an eye out for yourself - don't drive the type of car Michael Hastings drove, for example. TPTB lost in your case, but they are some petty mofos, you hear? Gonna go try to find a copy of that book of yours now.

All the best.
    “The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in their possession any swords, bows, spears, firearms, or other type of arms. The possession of these elements makes difficult the collection of taxes and dues and tends to permit uprising, therefore, the heads of the provinces, official agents, and deputies are ordered to collect all weapons mentioned above and turn them over to the government.”

Toyotomi Hideyshi, Shogun, August 29, 1558

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Neg. rep. Violation of forum guidelines.
    Sometimes. Selectively, depending on which member it's directed at.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Funny how you only believe in agent provocateurs in certain situations like this one, yet scoff when it is issues like Ferguson, Ukraine, ISIS, etc..
    I was actually being sarcastic.
    Pinochet is the model

This is good news, and I'm glad it worked out for Adam. I wonder how much the recent DC V Palmer ruling played into this ruling?

Any leverage?

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/07/dean-weingarten/alan-gura-stay-andor-appeal-palmer-v-d-c/

http://alangura.com/wp-content/uploa...CT_OPINION.pdf

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    You know Adam is a Registered Member here on these forums? He isnt very active and has much better things to do than to hang out here. None the less
    he needs to check in and say hi

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

I'm glad to hear a prison who committed no violent crime is finally out of his cage. That's always good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    Such a distraction.
    I know! From honest to goodness lying and vacillating to win elections!

While I'm happy that Adam is not going to prison, I am upset at all the rights that have now been stripped from him.

Fight on brother, fight on.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    While I'm happy that Adam is not going to prison, I am upset at all the rights that have now been stripped from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

So it was a felony conviction? I had always thought that but had recently read that he did not offer a guilty plea. Probably horsepoop I know.

Gulag Chief:

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    So it was a felony conviction? I had always thought that but had recently read that he did not offer a guilty plea. Probably horsepoop I know.
    He did an Alford Plea, which lets a defendant enter a guilty plea while maintaining innocence. Basically, "I acknowledge you have enough evidence to convict me, but I didn't do it". The end result is technically the same, except the defendant can take a plea bargain without admitting guilt, and minimize liability in the event of a civil action.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    He did an Alford Plea, which lets a defendant enter a guilty plea while maintaining innocence. Basically, "I acknowledge you have enough evidence to convict me, but I didn't do it". The end result is technically the same, except the defendant can take a plea bargain without admitting guilt, and minimize liability in the event of a civil action.
    Hey thanks. So, that's quite a deal. Does this mean he's not a felon? He gets his AR and shotgun back? He can vote?

Gulag Chief:

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    Hey thanks. So, that's quite a deal. Does this mean he's not a felon? He gets his AR and shotgun back? He can vote?
    The end result is the same with regards to felony conviction. Many states do allow restoration of voting rights after a certain amount of time has passed, people have to formally apply. that's part of what Rand proposes- rather than having to go apply, voting rights are automatically restored.

Firearms, also depend on the state, but many states conditionally allow for these types:
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

conditionally, meaning they have to be locked up and not carried around or shot.
    Last edited by CPUd; 09-10-2014 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    The end result is the same with regards to felony conviction. Many states do allow restoration of voting rights after a certain amount of time has passed, people have to formally apply. that's part of what Rand proposes- rather than having to go apply, voting rights are automatically restored.

Firearms, also depend on the state, but many states conditionally allow for these types:
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

conditionally, meaning they have to be locked up and not carried around or shot.
    I see.

So I wonder if Alford doctrine would give Adam the ability to still appeal? Since he didnt technically plead guilty.... Adam's firearm felony might be viewed differently now, post Palmer. I think the answer is no, since he already did work a plea, but it sure sucks for him to pay the price he paid. If he did that very same march today, I bet the result would have been different.

Gulag Chief:

His best bet would be to try not to take any charges for the next 5-10 years, then petition for expungement and/or executive pardon.