Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NATO member Turkey openly aiding ISIS

NATO member Turkey openly aiding ISIS

Gee,....... whoda thunk it!

Comes as Western alliance considers military options
    F. Michael Maloof

http://www.wnd.com/2014/09/nato-memb...y-aiding-isis/

WASHINGTON – As the North Atlantic Treaty Organization considers what action to take against ISIS, concern is mounting about the response of Turkey, a NATO member that continues to allow its borders to be crossed by Islamic fighters and launders money to finance jihad.

Informed sources tell WND that Turkey continues to keep open its borders to allow jihadists seeking to join ISIS, or Islamic State, to cross into Syria. Many of the fighters are from Europe and the United States.

Turkey has been a major gathering point for fighters throughout the world to obtain training and logistical support to join various jihadist groups and the Syrian opposition fighting Shiite-Alawite Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

Now, many fighters from various Sunni jihadist groups have sworn allegiance to ISIS, although some openly oppose the group. The opposition, however, now appears to be waning because of ISIS’ spectacular gains in recent months and its declaration of a Sunni caliphate ruled by Islamic law.

In addition, the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said Turkey remains an even greater conduit of money laundering to ISIS than Qatar.

Qatar and Saudi Arabia are known financial sources to ISIS, and the funds generally are channeled through Turkey to ISIS in neighboring Syria, sources tell WND.

Analysts say Turkey is afraid of cutting off ISIS because of threats of reprisal the group has made through Turkish media.

In addition, sources say, ISIS continues to hold hostage some 49 Turkish diplomats who were captured when it took over Mosul last June. The development has been one reason for Turkey to go along with ISIS demands.

However, there appear to be more compelling reasons for Turkey to continue working with ISIS.

Turkey’s backing hasn’t gone unnoticed by ISIS, whose leadership now is considering rewarding Turkish businesses with contracts in ISIS-occupied Sunni areas of Iraq.

Turkey’s minister of economy, Nihat Zeybekci, is receptive to the notion and has been open about encouraging Turkish businesses to invest in ISIS-occupied portions of Iraq.

”Our exports to Iraq are now down to 35 percent, but Iraq cannot easily substitute other sources,” Neybekci said. ”We think there will be a boom in demand soon. We also know that IS (ISIS) is contacting individual Turkish businessmen and telling them, ‘Come back, we won’t interfere.’ That is not easy, of course. But when it the future Iraq is rebuilt, it will be Turkey doing it.”

WND requests for comment from the Departments of Defense and State Department on NATO-member Turkey’s involvement with ISIS went unanswered. The inquiries also included a request for comment on Qatar’s financial contributions to ISIS even though the U.S. has an air force base in Qatar, which also is headquarters to U.S. Central Command.

ISIS has declared creation of a caliphate extending from northeastern Syria and into western and central Iraq where all residents would be subjected to strict Islamic law, or Shariah.

ISIS also intends to extend its caliphate into the rest of the Levant, including all of Syria, Lebanon, Israel and Jordan, and has indicated a desire to take over Saudi Arabia. However a recent WND report suggests the Saudi kingdom may have paid ISIS extortion money not to attack.

Turkey’s former foreign minister and now prime minister, Ahmet Davutoglu, denies Turkey is providing assistance to ISIS. Last December, Turkey placed ISIS on its own country’s terrorist list.

However, Turkey to this day hasn’t closed border access to Syria through which fighters and logistical equipment to ISIS in Syria flow. Critics accuse government officials of looking the other way while ISIS admits it receives help from Turkey.

In addition, Turkey continues to offer hospital assistance to ISIS fighters to recover from wounds received in fighting in Syria.

According to Middle East expert Daniel Pipes, a photo surfaced in April 2014 showing ISIS commander Abu Muhammad in a bed in Hatay State Hospital receiving treatment.
    Abu Muhammad of ISIS in Hatay State Hospital in April, recovering from wounds received fighting in Syria.

Abu Muhammad of ISIS in Hatay State Hospital in April, recovering from wounds received fighting in Syria.

There also are claims that energy-starved Turkey has been sending close to a billion dollars to ISIS for oil shipments, predominantly from ISIS-occupied Syria and Iraq. ISIS is known to be working oil drilling installations in areas it occupies to raise revenue from illicit oil sales.

Estimates are that ISIS is exporting up to 4,000 tons of fuel to Turkey daily and is earning in return $15 million each month from energy sales. Because Turkish border guards tend to look the other way when such shipments occur, villages along the border with Syria continue their smuggling virtually in the open.

Turkish expert Hilmi Demir, who also is a professor at the Hitit University Religious Studies department, said Turkey doesn’t consider ISIS as part of al-Qaida and believes the Sunni group was giving Sunnis a bad name.

Instead, Demir told Al-Monitor, ISIS similarly poses a serious threat to the Sunni population in the region. He said the Sunni label has been misused to show it is non-Shiite and instead should be regarded as Salafist-jihadists.

Demir said that making the distinction between al-Qaida and ISIS has helped ISIS to establish itself in Turkey.

”With that, Turkey also opened the door to negotiations with this group as Ankara did not consider it directly linked to al-Qaida,” Demir said.

Demir also accused the Free Syrian Army, or FNA, which uses Turkey as its base to oppose the Assad government, of joining ISIS units. The Obama administration, however, continues to receive pressure from Congress to arm the FNA to go against the militant jihadists as well as the Syrian government.
    Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But the article itself says ISIS has Turkish hostages, so they're definitely not friendly.
    “I'm real, Ron, I'm real!” — Rick Santorum
    “Congratulations.” — Ron Paul¹

Quote Originally Posted by Muwahid View Post
    But the article itself says ISIS has Turkish hostages, so they're definitely not friendly.
    I am sure there are Shia in Turkey. . As well as Christians, Jews, Sufis, etc...
    Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

apologist beat me to the thread already

and here I was about to crow over additional evidence supporting my "wacky conspiracy theory"

and speaking of wacky, when Ambassador Stevens was shipping weapons from Libya into Syria at Hillary's behest, which country was the middleman again...?

yes they are sooooo unfriendly that they manage to totally respect the border of Turkey while giving Lebanon, Syria, and Iraq the middle finger

Oh but there's no real evidence that ISIS ever does anything wrong. /sarcasm
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Oh but there's no real evidence that ISIS ever does anything wrong. /sarcasm
    So you think me rejecting propaganda of the Iraqi government (and the US government... by the way) for example means my position is ISIS never does anything wrong try harder.

Muwa, we totally missed you on the "moderate rebels sell Sotloff to ISIS for $50k" thread.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's not been much of a secret that Turkey has left it's border porous for ISIS and other rebels battling the Assad regime. How much that was coordinated with the US or NATO remains to be discovered.

According to Middle East expert Daniel Pipes, a photo surfaced in April 2014 showing ISIS commander Abu Muhammad in a bed in Hatay State Hospital receiving treatment.
    Don't know anything about the guy who wrote the story, but quoting a well known neoconservative like Daniel Pipes doesn't add to credibility...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Don't know anything about the guy who wrote the story, but quoting a well known neoconservative like Daniel Pipes doesn't add to credibility...
    Good eye. This story just became curiouser...

http://www.rightweb.irc-online.org/p...loof_f_michael

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Muwa, we totally missed you on the "moderate rebels sell Sotloff to ISIS for $50k" thread.
    Sounds like a case of blowback.

The US miscalculates often, arming the Syrians did not help their geopolitical interests in the region.

Good eye. This story just became curiouser...

http://www.rightweb.irc-online.org/p...loof_f_michael
    And good catch. This guy appears to be an extra shady neoconservative specializing in disinformation...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Now the question becomes, why does a member of the Deep State want us to think (whether true or not) that Turkey is becoming buds with ISIS?

The US miscalculates often, arming the Syrians did not help their geopolitical interests in the region.
    I am assured by competent authority that the US does not miscalculate often enough to have actually directly trained, funded and supplied ISIS, even though we sent a half-billion dollars of weaponry to a destination that is practically on their doorstep and for which no one today can accurately account.

Now the question becomes, why does a member of the Deep State want us to think (whether true or not) that Turkey is becoming buds with ISIS?
    The guy seems to be an expert in fear mongering and exaggerating. Turkey being buddies with ISIS would be one step away from ISIS having Turkey's weapons, and from reconstituting the Ottoman empire. Boogity!

The guy seems to be an expert in fear mongering and exaggerating. Turkey being buddies with ISIS would be one step away from ISIS having Turkey's weapons, and from reconstituting the Ottoman empire. Boogity!
    Well keep your boogity shoes on.
    I don't know why this seems to be coming as such a surprise, because it has been being discussed for awhile - Erdogan's Ottoman Intentions that is.
    Erdogan is allied with the Muslim Brotherhood. They have stated clearly that the reformation of the Caliphate is their goal.
    The head of the Caliphate is Turkey. The Ottoman Empire IS the caliphate.
    Its pretty clever if you ask me. Erdogan has all of these jihadist groups doing the dirty work, although he trains and arms them (along with Obama, who is also Muslim Brotherhood).
    Once the jihadists have claimed the territory, Turkey will simply absorb it as such.
    One must always remember that Erdogan is doing the jihadists a favor by giving them this opportunity. In Islam it is salvation for yourself and 70 of your family members to die furthering the glory of allah. Reforming the caliphate is certainly that.

http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/world/details/48738/

http://gulfnews.com/opinions/columni...erly-1.1353298

http://communities.washingtontimes.c...ton-sultanate/

http://www.alarabiya.net/views/2011/08/06/161026.html

http://ebrualtan.com/the-unending-fe...ttoman-empire/

http://www.turkishnews.com/en/conten...ttoman-empire/

http://inserbia.info/today/2013/10/k...stian-strache/

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/37...ottoman-empire

http://www.theatlantic.com/internati...empire/274724/

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...lkans-sarajevo

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/03...ttoman-empire/

http://clashdaily.com/2013/11/turkey...ttoman-empire/

http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives...rowing-louder/

http://www.forbes.com/2009/06/02/ahm...an-empire.html
    ~ George Washington

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why should we trust this source?

So you think me rejecting propaganda of the Iraqi government (and the US government... by the way) for example means my position is ISIS never does anything wrong try harder.
    Except the "propaganda" isn't simply coming from the Iraqi and U.S. governments. It's coming from witnesses on the ground. And it's coming from ISIS's own official statements that Christians, including children, had to covert or leave or die. But you somehow believe ISIS doesn't kill children or that there's no evidence that they kill children or that somehow there culpability is reduced because these children's parents opposed ISIS or whatever new nonsense you've come up with is.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

SMH! That's what I've been saying all along. These "moderate" rebels aren't all that "moderate". They've been working hand in glove with ISIS. As recently as April of this year the head of the FSA admitted to doing joint operations with radical Islamic militants. And now there's evidence that they sold a human being to some butchers like he was a goat? If this story is true, that makes the FSA just as responsible for his death as ISIS and the idea that the Obama administration is considering continuing working with the FSA an abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Because those sound like reliable websites. LOL
    How about these?

The Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...c4b_story.html
    REYHANLI, Turkey — Before their blitz into Iraq earned them the title of the Middle East’s most feared insurgency, the jihadists of the Islamic State treated this Turkish town near the Syrian border as their own personal shopping mall.

And eager to aid any and all enemies of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, Turkey rolled out the red carpet.

Business Insider - from Reuters
    http://www.businessinsider.com/r-tur...uitment-2014-8
    ISTANBUL/BEIRUT (Reuters) - As Islamic State insurgents threaten the Turkish border from Syria, Turkey is struggling to staunch the flow of foreign jihadists to the militant group, having not so long ago allowed free access to those who would join its neighbor's civil war.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/r-tur...#ixzz3CwEiIR00

Fox news
    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/...pporting-isis/
    Ankara may deny helping ISIS, but the evidence for this is overwhelming. "As we have the longest border with Syria," writes Orhan Kemal Cengiz, a Turkish newspaper columnist, "Turkey's support was vital for the jihadists in getting in and out of the country." Indeed, the ISIS strongholds not coincidentally cluster close to Turkey's frontiers

Sooooo.... nothing's changed, then? Status quo, achieved!
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Annie View Post
    Gee,....... whoda thunk it!

How naive of them to do things so overtly, they should have learnt to do things covertly from their smarter neighbors in the region.

Israel's plan was to bomb Western targets, make it seem as though Egypt was behind the attacks

Nov. 11, 2009
    The agents were told "to undermine the West's trust in the [Egyptian] government by causing public insecurity" while concealing Israel's role in the sabotage.
    http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition...s-later-1.4385

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Annie View Post
    One must always remember that Erdogan is doing the jihadists a favor by giving them this opportunity. In Islam it is salvation for yourself and 70 of your family members to die furthering the glory of allah.
    Typical scene for the muslim martyr.

<kaBOOOM>

"Where am I?... Ah, I see. No, wait... that can't be right... but the Quran said... oh $#@!... are you serious? Um, can I go back and try again? No, really... "
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    SMH! That's what I've been saying all along. These "moderate" rebels aren't all that "moderate". They've been working hand in glove with ISIS. As recently as April of this year the head of the FSA admitted to doing joint operations with radical Islamic militants. And now there's evidence that they sold a human being to some butchers like he was a goat? If this story is true, that makes the FSA just as responsible for his death as ISIS and the idea that the Obama administration is considering continuing working with the FSA an abomination.
    Exactly, so here is the logic...... Obama’s Plan to Kill ISIS: “Aid Moderates” who want to “Kill Bashar” who is already trying to “Kill ISIS” and lets hope that Bashar’s “Moderate” killers in the end “Kills ISIS” ----- Oh my.... the level of intelligence. LOL
    ~ George Washington

Because those sound like reliable websites. LOL
    Yes, let's wait for Fox News to cover it because that's your only trusted source right? When you can't attack the information, attack their credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    Yes, let's wait for Fox News to cover it because that's your only trusted source right? When you can't attack the information, attack their credibility.
    I am not seeking to attack the information. I just prefer credible sources.

I am not seeking to attack the information. I just prefer credible sources.
    I can understand. If you want to share this information with someone else they might go "And why should I believe World Net Daily?"

Turkey needs to be called out more for aiding Islamic fighters in Syria.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast