Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama speech to sell war propaganda - 9pm et Wednesday

Obama speech to sell war propaganda - 9pm et Wednesday

He met with Congressional leaders today. Cheney returned to DC for the speech. Wednesday at 9et.

Last edited by devil21; 09-09-2014 at 08:41 PM. Reason: weird....wh.gov schedule said speech was tuesday...quietly changed to wednesday now....recorded today to air tomorrow?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by devil21; 09-09-2014 at 07:12 PM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Is it okay if we made a poll in general politics asking how many here think he has the legal authority to go after ISIS in Syria right now? I know there are a number of members on this forum that believe in the air strikes and immediate military action including going into Syria, I wonder if they believe that Obama has the authority to do that now without getting any type of up or down vote from congress, as seems to be the direction they are going with. The one exception being a possible vote on additional funds needed in the general war on terrorism, but without mention of Syria or specifics.
    Last edited by orenbus; 09-09-2014 at 07:12 PM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    Is it okay if we made a poll in general politics asking how many here think he has the legal authority to go after ISIS in Syria right now? I know there are a number of members on this forum that believe in the air strikes and immediate military action including going into Syria, I wonder if they believe that Obama has the authority to do that now without getting any type of up or down vote from congress, as seems to be the direction they are going with. The one exception being a possible vote on additional funds needed in the general war on terrorism, but without mention of Syria or specifics.
    Good idea! Make it a public poll so we can see who voted which way. It's been proven over and over that MSM polls are meant to form opinion, not report it.

NBC poll results:
    http://newscms.nbcnews.com/sites/new...c-wsj_poll.pdf

Obama earns his lowest ever foreign policy approval rating (32%) yet the polled overwhelming want bombing? Say what?

Exactly one year ago on 9/10/13 Obama blamed false flag gas attacks on Assad.

If at first you don't succeed, lie and lie again.

Rand should respond in a speech of his own.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

bump 2.5 hours till show time.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    AP News just flashed at me that o'Bombya will use air strikes to take out IS "wherever they exist."

I've got a bad feeling about this.

I think this...President is about to stand up in front of Congress and declare war on the entire planet. Not excluding the United States.

Not in so many words of course, but claiming the authority to bomb anywhere on the planet....

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    AP News just flashed at me that o'Bombya will use air strikes to take out IS "wherever they exist."

I've got a bad feeling about this.
    You should have a bad feeling about this. It's Al Qaeda Redux. A blanket cover story to bomb, missile, shoot, drone attack, fund, bribe, overthrow, subvert, interfere and just generally cause more mayhem around the world, in the name of America and on your dime.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    You should have a bad feeling about this. It's Al Qaeda Redux. A blanket cover story to bomb, missile, shoot, attack, fund, bribe, overthrow, subvert, interfere and just generally cause more mayhem around the world, in the name of America and on your dime.
    No, it's deeper than AQ redux. Darker too.

No, it's deeper than AQ redux. Darker too.
    How so?

What happens if the Pretender In Chief (PINC) stands in front of Congress to claim the authority to bomb any square inch of the planet he wants to at will, and Congress doesn't manage to do anything to restrain him? I am not sure the rest of the planet will like that action very much.

Not to mention "anywhere" could include Chicago, Detroit.

If this government and community clown weren't such a totalitarian and deadly dictatorship, it would be labeled the biggest joke of the new millennia.

The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There are so many nationalists winning elections all over Europe now. I don't think they will like hearing o'Bombya claim the authority to bomb them either. Particularly considering that England is a miniature hotbed of this stuff right now. Is this President about to claim the authority to bomb England? I just think if that's what's about to happen, it's going to go very, very badly for us. Worse than AQ redux and Iraq War 2.

Not to mention "anywhere" could include Chicago, Detroit.
    I can't see him going for the whole enchilada like that but I guess anything is possible. Gotta parse the $#@! out of his words tonight. I regret I won't be home to do my own play-by-play on this thread Hopefully when Im back home we won't have just declared war on the entire planet.....

Has there been an advanced transcript of this speech released?

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I can't see him going for the whole enchilada like that but I guess anything is possible. Gotta parse the $#@! out of his words tonight. I regret I won't be home to do my own play-by-play on this thread Hopefully when Im back home we won't have just declared war on the entire planet.....

Has there been an advanced transcript of this speech released?
    I haven't seen a transcript, just the hints his speechwriters have shed to the media thus far.

The press usually gets the speech about an hour before it airs.

Will "President Dwayne Aliezondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho" mention his speechwriters or sponsors of tonight's Propaganda parade?

Just in case NE1 misses tonight's Dog -n- Pony show...

Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 09-10-2014 at 05:07 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Are we going to bomb Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Qatar etc?

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Are we going to bomb Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Qatar etc?
    Whether or not we ever actually do, i think this lunatic is about to claim the power to do so if he wants to.

Not going to watch.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Funniest comparison I've heard yet, a retired general on CNN just said looking at Syria is incredibly complicated and has about the similar level of difficulty determining who the good guys are from the bad guys as cast of characters in a Star Wars Bar, lol. He said that fighting in Syria is going to be more complicated than the war in Iraq was, he made a number of other comments needless to say he didn't paint a flattering picture of an easy path forward.

Last edited by orenbus; 09-10-2014 at 07:01 PM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Fox has been a parade of neocon pundits and politicians all day long... gotta get the war-fever going!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Let me predict the Fox News response: Obama wasn't hawkish enough.

Welp.

Now that it's over, I can say I felt like puking hearing all the American exceptionalism dripping from his words. A bald eagle must have flown overhead at one point with tearful eyes of joy.
    Last edited by Antischism; 09-10-2014 at 07:20 PM.

Let's summarize:

-Obama is going to bomb wherever he wants.
    -We are going to nation build Iraq once again.
    -More boots on the ground.
    -And probably another trillion dollars into the money pit.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast