Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wife defends Ray Rice, slams media

Wife defends Ray Rice, slams media

A day after a new video surfaced showing Ray Rice hitting his then-fiancée in the face in a hotel elevator, prompting the Baltimore Ravens to release the running back and the NFL to increase his suspension from two games to indefinite, Janay Rice defended her husband and criticized the media.

"I woke up this morning, feeling like I had a horrible nightmare, feeling like I'm mourning the death of my closest friend," Janay Rice wrote in an Instagram post. "But to have to accept the fact that it's reality is a nightmare itself. No one know the pain that the media & unwanted options from the public has caused my family. To make us relive a moment in our lives that we regret everyday is a horrible thing.

"To take something away from the man I love that he has worked his ass off for all his life just to gain ratings is horrific. THIS IS OUR LIFE! What don't you all get. If your intentions were to hurt us, embarrass us, make us feel alone, take all happines away, you've succeeded on so many levels. Just know you've succeeded on so many levels. Just know we will continue to grow & show the world what real love is! Ravensnation we love you!"

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...instagram-post

I have always wondered, at what point is punishing a family member for crimes against another family member going to end up punishing the person the public is trying to protect. I think this is the point, so thanks everyone that has helped build this very public outrage, the heavy hand of busybodies in their attempt to strike Ray back has also knocked down the supposed victim. I am sure she's glad that you spoke up.

In other news, Madden 15 to remove Ray Rice in roster update. If I didn't know anything about the story, I would have thought Ray drone bombed a wedding ceremony filled with innocent people. But no, he just defended himself against the attack from him wife.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/9/9...n-15-ea-sports
    Last edited by juleswin; 09-09-2014 at 10:59 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    But no, he just defended himself against the attack from him wife.
    Uh, no. He definitely crossed a line. I don't really care about his punishment one way or the other, but let's not condone his actions.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

In other news, Madden 15 to remove Ray Rice in roster update. If I didn't know anything about the story, I would have thought Ray drone bombed a wedding ceremony filled with innocent people. But no, he just defended himself against the attack from him wife.
    In a decent society, drone bombing a wedding ceremony filled with innocent people would be MORE than sufficient to warrant execution.

And yet... Obama continues to be the most powerful man on earth. Even most conservatives and libertarians do not truly understand how evil he is (Someone is going to call this post "bloodthirsty" which will prove my point).

Wait, we were supposed to be talking about Ray Rice? Meh, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Uh, no. He definitely crossed a line. I don't really care about his punishment one way or the other, but let's not condone his actions.
    If his wife doesn't want him punished, and his wife is the victim, he shouldn't be punished.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    But no, he just defended himself against the attack from him wife.
    Looks like he threw the first punch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-OS6MMyhHw

Poor wife. She's just collateral damage to the media and pundits.

The real agenda for the media is cultural Marxism, in this case pushing the "war on women" meme, in preparation for President Hitlary.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Looks like he threw the first punch.
    That video is edited down. I saw a longer one yesterday that showed her hitting him on the way to the elevator and inside the elevator. I'm not saying what he did was right. Walking/running away from her or just shoving her away would be better.

He should just join the Jersey Shore reality show on MTV - then everyone will love him.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    That video is edited down. I saw a longer one yesterday that showed her hitting him on the way to the elevator and inside the elevator. I'm not saying what he did was right. Walking/running away from her or just shoving her away would be better.
    Apparently he spit in her face before she started slapping him.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    If his wife doesn't want him punished, and his wife is the victim, he shouldn't be punished.
    Probably.

And let's not ignore the bigger picture here. This is about the surveillance state. The reason this is happening is because of the ever-present cameras. What may have been a private matter, unless she wanted to take it public, is now automatically reviewed by the authorities and the public. Every gossiping joker in the world now can give their opinion and interpretation of a private incident, as well as the media circus of outraged hypocrites. Not hypocrites because they all engage in assault and battery (but many might), it's because if every aspect of their lives is recorded and analyzed by the world, there would be something to criticize, probably even resulting in criminal charges. Three felonies a day.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 09-09-2014 at 12:23 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

So assault is fine in society if the victim doesn't want the perp to be punished?

Quote Originally Posted by pessimist View Post
    So assault is fine in society if the victim doesn't want the perp to be punished?
    When did I say "fine"? I don't know if I believe in "society"? What do you mean by it?

She has 'battered wife syndrome'. Counseling may or may not help either of them. The NFL should deal with how they want players to represent them. He's being crucified in the court of public opinion, and that is how it should be. In the case of a grown woman who consciously decides to stay with a creep like that, well....to each her own I guess. But, if they ever have children, and he hurts one of them like that, it leaves the realm of personal choice in my mind and enters the realm of a crime against a child.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    She has 'battered wife syndrome'. Counseling may or may not help either of them. The NFL should deal with how they want players to represent them. He's being crucified in the court of public opinion, and that is how it should be. In the case of a grown woman who consciously decides to stay with a creep like that, well....to each her own I guess. But, if they ever have children, and he hurts one of them like that, it leaves the realm of personal choice in my mind and enters the realm of a crime against a child.
    I agree, children are too young to be independent and to be expected to protect themselves.

She has 'battered wife syndrome'.
    I don't recall initiating violence being part of that condition. This is NOT a "battered wife", this is a woman who was just as aggressive and violent as Rice - if not more so - lacking only his strength and size.

The Ravens can do what they well please. The NFL as well.

I suppose you were talking about being legally punished? Sure, if she wants to be a punching bag that's her prerogative. He should be ostracized for his cowardly behavior.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    it was time for him to retire anyway. Maybe he can get a job on a SWAT team..

Like I said, I don't care one way or the other about his punishment, but we shouldn't be condoning his actions. This is something that real men do not do.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

He might be victim of the abused husband syndrome.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    He might be victim of the abused husband syndrome.
    I don't think he would be considered a 'battered husband' as long as he's able to retaliate to the degree that he obviously can.

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.

In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......

Too late lady. The damage has already been done. You won't get out of a beating for it this easily.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    I don't recall initiating violence being part of that condition. This is NOT a "battered wife", this is a woman who was just as aggressive and violent as Rice - if not more so - lacking only his strength and size.
    That's debatable. As long as he can exert that kind of physical strength over her and does so, and she stays with him, it's not relevant whether she starts the violence, or not. She probably justifies the abuse by thinking she deserves it since she started it. That's a classic symptom of the syndrome. Claiming she isn't a 'battered wife' because she initiates the violence is tantamount to claiming a 2 year isn't abused because she started the problems by throwing a fit and biting her parent.

-rep

That's debatable. As long as he can exert that kind of physical strength over her and does so, and she stays with him, it's not relevant whether she starts the violence, or not. She probably justifies the abuse by thinking she deserves it since she started it. That's a classic symptom of the syndrome. Claiming she isn't a 'battered wife' because she initiates the violence is tantamount to claiming a 2 year isn't abused because she started the problems by throwing a fit and biting her parent.
    Her aggression level is inconsistent with that scenario.

Women often psychologically batter men, and can do so far more effectively and with zero legal consequences and negligible cultural consequences. If a man refuses to submit to that abuse, women often escalate to physical violence - and again, they know they can get away with it when no man ever could.

In extreme cases, physically defending himself is the only option a battered husband may have to put even a temporary stop to the abuse. It appears to me that that is the most likely scenario in this case, and the wife's behavior afterwards is far more consistent with this scenario than a battered-wife scenario.

It also appears to me that the only way to absolve her violence and aggression is to hold a view that women are inherently inferior and not responsible for their own behavior. As I do not hold that view, I reject out of hand the suggestion that the woman is always the victim.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    -rep
    I'll tell you what. I'll budget a thousand of my seven thousand or so rep points to opposing feminist propaganda on this board. Keep 'em coming, they're a worthwhile sacrifice. It's time that we as liberty lovers stand up against the War on Men.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    The Ravens can do what they well please. The NFL as well.

I suppose you were talking about being legally punished? Sure, if she wants to be a punching bag that's her prerogative. He should be ostracized for his cowardly behavior.
    Yes, I meant legally. The Ravens and the NFL can completely cut off ties with him if they want.

I'll tell you what. I'll budget a thousand of my seven thousand or so rep points to opposing feminist propaganda on this board. Keep 'em coming, they're a worthwhile sacrifice. It's time that we as liberty lovers stand up against the War on Men.
    You want to battle feminism, then battle it with chivalry.

In fact, your idea that a woman hitting a man is no different than a man hitting a woman strikes me as the essence of feminism.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    You want to battle feminism, then battle it with chivalry.
    Show me one example of when that has ever worked, and provide a justification for chivalry in the context of women being every bit the moral and legal equal under the law.

Chivalry was created to battle violence by men against women. A different tool is needed to battle violence by women against men.

When women come up with a code of chivalry on how to treat men properly, go ahead and neg rep me again to get my attention. I won't be holding my breath.

Show me one example of when that has ever worked, and provide a justification for chivalry in the context of women being every bit the moral and legal equal under the law.
    In other words, you're a feminist. Got it.

As for examples, I can show you billions. Pretty much the entire human race prior to feminism/thoughtomatorism.

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.
    -Ephesians 5:25-28
    Last edited by erowe1; 09-09-2014 at 01:39 PM.

Her aggression level is inconsistent with that scenario.

Women often psychologically batter men, and can do so far more effectively and with zero legal consequences and negligible cultural consequences. If a man refuses to submit to that abuse, women often escalate to physical violence - and again, they know they can get away with it when no man ever could.

In extreme cases, physically defending himself is the only option a battered husband may have to put even a temporary stop to the abuse. It appears to me that that is the most likely scenario in this case, and the wife's behavior afterwards is far more consistent with this scenario than a battered-wife scenario.

It also appears to me that the only way to absolve her violence and aggression is to hold a view that women are inherently inferior and not responsible for their own behavior. As I do not hold that view, I reject out of hand the suggestion that the woman is always the victim.
    I reject that notion as well. But the fact is, men are much stronger and usually quite a bit larger than women and can do serious damage to them. He punched her lights out with one hit. It's irresponsible for a man of his strength to retaliate in that way. It's abuse no matter how you look at it. If she's verbally, and emotionally abusing him and it escalates to violence, he has a right to ward off the aggression, by restraining her, or even a slap across the face. He knocked her unconscious. Again, it's no different than a parent doing that to a child who's out of control. The issue is the amount of physical strength one person has over another. It isn't the right way to handle it. It's abuse.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast