Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Children Born To Unwed Mothers

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    What led me to it was that he specifically stated "When a society defines a family as a married couple" - and that's regardless of whether the married couple is receiving welfare payments or not.

Gary North has a cultural problem with "Unwed Parents" from which he has extrapolated an economic problem. The same economic problem exists with many of the "Wed Parents" (those who received welfare) that he has omitted from his statement. But he focuses on the social problem rather than the economic one because it fits his half-baked agenda which is derived from his socially conservative belief system.

Along a similar vein; anyone who takes a tax credit for their children fits into the same category. Why should the state be providing special tax incentives for people with children? It discriminates against people who don't have children - who, in fact, end up subsidizing other people's children. So the bumper sticker ought to read, "People with children copulate - childless people pay"
    That's wrong too. I'm not North's biggest fan or anything, but I'm sure he'd agree. You're coming to a lot of wrong conclusions here, which might be based on your aversion to socons, or maybe it's more personal.

Are you actually asserting that the state doesn't replace fathers with welfare?

My out-of-wedlock children are at the quarter-century mark and my investment in them is starting to pay off. They're already starting to take care of me the way I once took care of them; and I'm betting, that in the end, I'm going to be on the profit side of that equation. The marital status of the parents is bupkis in that equation.
    Oh bruddah...
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 05-13-2016 at 09:29 AM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Obviously the blame goes completely on women, but what about the men and their tools? I want to take a moment to just say what a complete F up the Baby Boomer fathers are.

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 05-13-2016 at 09:31 AM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post

I am not sure what it means but, has anyone noticed that since abortion is legal and with the wide spread availability of birth control that the population number has exploded? To me this is a puzzle that I never hear anyone address.
    You're the only one. The birthrate is below population maintaining level right now at 1.86. We need to be around 2.3 to just maintain the population.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I think sex education is not going in the right direction regarding the "responsibility" of having sex and are taught that having an abortion and using birth control is a form of taking responsibility for having sex and also in the mix is getting on welfare to help you take responsibility and raise the children after birth control is not used or has failed and abortion is declined. I am pretty sure statically speaking most unwed mothers are young and under-educated.

I know women who put their 14 year old daughters on birth control because they "expect" them to have sex. To me that is insanely irresponsible parenting.

I am not sure what it means but, has anyone noticed that since abortion is legal and with the wide spread availability of birth control that the population number has exploded? To me this is a puzzle that I never hear anyone address.

Yeah, it's exploding in areas where people are heavily uneducated or oppose all forms of birth control for religious reasons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12