Thread: S**t's about to hit the fan

S**t's about to hit the fan

Milk Costs Most Ever to Signal Higher Prices for Pizza

Milk futures rose to a record as exports by the U.S. climbed amid shrinking inventories of cheese and butter, signaling higher costs for pizza and pastries.

The U.S. shipped a record 17 percent of milk production in the first half, according to Alan Levitt, a spokesman at the U.S. Dairy Export Council. Cheese stockpiles in July dropped 8 percent from a year earlier, and butter supplies tumbled 42 percent, the Department of Agriculture said last month. U.S. dairy costs are higher than world prices, signaling imports will increase, said Jon Spainhour, a partner at Rice Dairy LLC.

“Usually, we use the first six months of the year to build the inventory we’re going to sell in the last six months,” Spainhour said in a telephone interview from Chicago. “People are saying that ‘I know those imports are coming in, but in the meantime, I’ve got to make sure I’ve got enough to get on the supermarket shelf.’ ”

Milk futures for September settlement rose 0.7 percent to close at $24.45 per 100 pounds at 1:11 p.m. on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange. Earlier, the class III variety, used as a cheese benchmark, reached a record $24.47. The price has jumped 26 percent this year.

Dairy consumption increases in the North American autumn as U.S. football fans boost pizza orders [don't forget the college kids] and bakers need more butter for holiday cakes and pastries, Spainhour said.

U.S. cheese consumption will rise to a record 4.88 million metric tons in 2014, USDA data shows. Milk use will climb to an all-time high of 93.4 million tons.

“We just didn’t build the stocks we needed to, and domestic cheese buyers are still scrambling to build that inventory,” Spainhour said.

In July, retail whole milk was $3.65 a gallon, the most for the month since 2011, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...for-pizza.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    good...it gives everyone reason's to go get more money, work harder. Your country needs you to buy pizza.

This isn't going to be good for my family's business. Luckily, we get our cream from a local small/medium sized dairy that I dont think will be effected as immediately as the huge corporations. Their milk prices were already more expensive simply because they don't have the manufacturing capacity to compete on price alone.
    No more IRS.
    I am now old enough to vote.

Not mentioned but the supply side of the dairy price equation is also not good. Due to the heatwaves of the past couple of years (global warming anybody?), dairy farmers sold off a lot of their stock because they could not afford to feed and water them. That means lower supplies which also drives up prices. Price controls on diary products have also been easing- allowing for such increases. Plus higher exports - China (no surprise) is buying more- particularly powdered mild.

http://www.farmanddairy.com/news/new...es/174331.html

The 2014 farm bill brings dairy policy change

Programs that were eliminated
    In addition to creating the Margin Protection Program and the Dairy Product Donation Program, the new farm bill eliminates the Dairy Product Price Support Program and the Dairy Export Incentive Program.

According to NMPF, the Federal Milk Marketing Order Review Commission established in the previous farm bill is also eliminated. Also, once the Margin Protection Program is up and running, the Milk Income Loss Coverage (MILC) program will be eliminated .
    Pizza prices were supposed to soar in 2012 also: http://gawker.com/5927234/record-dro...za-consumption

Record Drought Set to Ruin America's Pizza Consumption

We already know the U.S is in a drought. But who gives a $#@!, right? Well, based on our insatiable desire for meat/cheese-based everything, a whole lot of us will start caring soon: dairy and meat prices are about to go way up.

According to dairy doomsayer and agricultural economist with the Department of Agriculture's Economic Research Service, Roger Hoskin, we might have to change the way we live in the most drastic way possible: by cutting back on cheese: "You'll see less cheese on pizzas and in salad bars," says Hoskin. I know this guy is just doing his scientist job and we're not supposed to kill the messenger and all that, but I dare this Hoskins to stop hiding behind the protection of the liberal media (aka USA Today) and say that $#@! to an actual American's face.

Anyway, we're not going to, like, actually run out of milk - "I can't imagine situations where you'd have people standing in line to get milk at the dairy counter," says Hoskins, which, finally some good news from this dude – but it will get annoyingly, and possibly prohibitively, expensive.

Here's kind of an explanation why the heat and drought are ruining our cheese-based dream life:

Temperatures in the 90s and above mean cows give less milk, and sky-high feed prices are making it more expensive to feed them. Add to that the cost dairies must pay for fans and sprinkler systems to keep the animals cool during long hot days and nights.
    And here's how bad it will get, according to milk experts:

By August, the cost of a gallon of milk at the supermarket could rise by 10 to 15 cents and by Christmas an additional 25 cents on top of that, says Mary Ledman, chief analyst with the Daily Dairy Report in Libertyville, Ill.

Wholesale cheese prices are at about $1.72 a pound. "I expect the cheese price to get up to $1.95 in November," says Jerry Dryer, editor of the Dairy & Food Market Analyst in Delray Beach, Fla.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-08-2014 at 09:18 PM.

Stopped at (global warming anybody). Stfu about that bull$#@! if you want to be taken seriously, El lefty. In the US record low temperatures are double record high temps. And when is the the world record high temperature set in Libya in 1923, or the record high temperature in the US set in 1936 going to be broken?

You are right- that is not proof of climate change. Your statement is also not proof that climate change does not occur. It concerns long term- not short term changes.

It is also true that the United States is only six percent of the surface of the Earth so even if we are cooler here we also need to look at what is happening on the rest of the planet as well.

The cost of your pizza has been higher than advertised since Pizza Hut added a .50 delivery charge in '99. The delivery charge has nothing to do with rewarding your delivery driver. It is a way for the pizza chains to hide increase of cost. What are they these days? $3.50 delivery charge? That money goes to cost increases, wages, insurance, etc.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 09-09-2014 at 04:10 PM.

They makin' my PIZZA COST MORE?????

There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When I was in an ecology class, they of course push for climate change.

Another angle is that it is normal for climate change because of cycles. But the problem is that instead of taking tens of thousands of years to change, it is suggested it is changing faster. Change in decades or centuries, because of human activity. This is what they were teaching a few years ago.

I don't agree with those teachings. but co2 is a non factor. Carbon credits is bull$#@!. Methane and water vapor is much more potent as what liberals call, greenhouse gas. Water vapor is particularly potent... I guess we gotta ban water. Chemically speaking, it is mostly because of the bonds.

ban water!!

My physician told me I can't have pizza anymore.

hmmm pizza...

Pretty cheap and no delivery charges if you get your pizza this way. Even if cheese becomes more expensive - I don't think it would since we still have an excess of milk here - I'm still going to make lots of pizza's.

If they made a fat free pizza, I could have some.

S**t* Pizza? No thanks.

S**t* is hitting the fan constantly for last few decades (at least). It is hitting it so hard and often that you cant even see the fan anymore from all those chunks of flying s**t*.

P.s.

I would appreciate if people would stop using that phrase. "S**t* hits the fan"

-.-- --- ..- .- .-. . .- .-.. .-.. ... - ..- .--. .. -..

(*that means $#@!)
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post
    S**t* Pizza? No thanks.

S**t* is hitting the fan constantly for last few decades (at least). It is hitting it so hard and often that you cant even see the fan anymore from all those chunks of flying s**t*.

P.s.

I would appreciate if people would stop using that phrase. "S**t* hits the fan"

-.-- --- ..- .- .-. . .- .-.. .-.. ... - ..- .--. .. -..

(*that means $#@!)

in a sluggish economy
    inflation,recession
    hits the land of the free
    standing in unemployment lines
    blame the government for hard time

we just get by
    however we can
    we all gotta duck
    when the $#@! hits the fan

10 kids in a cadillac
    stand in lines for welfare checks
    let's all leach off the state
    gee!the money's really great!

soup lines
    free loaves of bread
    5lb blocks of cheese
    bags of groceries
    social security
    has run out on you and me
    we do whatever we can
    gotta duck when the $#@! hits the fan

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    If they made a fat free pizza, I could have some.
    Gluten free pizza with grass fed cheese and organic tomato sauce isn't that bad for you, once in a while.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I have no global warming and can get a gallon of milk under $2 , but I do not drink it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    You are right- that is not proof of climate change. Your statement is also not proof that climate change does not occur. It concerns long term- not short term changes.

It is also true that the United States is only six percent of the surface of the Earth so even if we are cooler here we also need to look at what is happening on the rest of the planet as well.
    So let me see if I understand you. Any time there is any anecdotal evidence of high temps we can clamor about "global warming" but when someone calls you out it your backup is "Well...okay. But you can't prove it isn't happening."? So now those that don't believe the global warming hysteria have to prove the negative?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I don't drink milk or eat cow cheese