Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smoking gun! ISIS has antitank weapons given to "moderate" rebels

Smoking gun! ISIS has antitank weapons given to "moderate" rebels

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/c...ending_strip_2

Why is this significant? Because Hillary Clinton and other idiots are trying to say the rise of ISIS is because we didn't do enough to help "moderate rebels" when the exact opposite is true. And think about it. It's the radicals who have the most fighting experience. The Syrian rebel coalition most likely gave the best weapons to the best fighters.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I suspect they have some of the TOW anti-tank weapons we gave them as well.

And we very likely trained some of them in their use.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post

Why is this significant? Because Hillary Clinton and other idiots are trying to say the rise of ISIS is because we didn't do enough to help "moderate rebels" when the exact opposite is true. And think about it. It's the radicals who have the most fighting experience. The Syrian rebel coalition most likely gave the best weapons to the best fighters.
    The "moderates" in Syria have been fighting against ISIS as well as Assad. The article notes that the weapon was captured by ISIS during battles with the moderates. That is a "smoking gun" that the US is supplying ISIS?

Report: Islamic State may have taken anti-tank weapons from Syrian rebels

Anti-tank weapons that were likely once owned by moderate Syrian rebels have landed in the hands of Islamic State militants, according to a newly released field investigation conducted in both northern Iraq and Syria.

The Islamic State has also captured “significant quantities” of U.S.-manufactured small arms and has employed them on the battlefield, researchers found.

The investigation, led by a small-arms research organization known as Conflict Armament Research, marks a rare attempt to physically document the weapons being used by the Islamic State, the radical group that has expanded its control in parts of Syria and Iraq.

Militants with the group have picked up significant caches of arms after seizing Iraqi and Syrian military installations. The new research suggests they have also amassed arms after overrunning the moderate Syrian rebels being supplied by the United States and other allied nations.

From the article:

UPDATE, 12:00 p.m.: This report has been updated to clarify that the anti-tank weapons found in the possession of the Islamic State are not U.S.-made.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    The "moderates" in Syria have been fighting against ISIS as well as Assad. The article notes that the weapon was captured by ISIS during battles with the moderates. That is a "smoking gun" that the US is supplying ISIS?
    Sure they have.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Yes- article from January:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/13/wo...aeda.html?_r=0

Syria Rebels Turn Against Most Radical Group Tied to Al Qaeda

In some places, like Raqqa, the fighting has even pitted the two Qaeda-inspired groups against each other. Nusra’s leaders and supporters accuse ISIS of the grave error of focusing too soon on building a radical Islamic state, the ultimate goal for both groups, at the expense of the war against Mr. Assad. In the process, they say, it has alienated potential allies, civilians and militants alike.

While many here see the fighting as a wrestling match over the future character of the rebel opposition, experts say it has many other facets.

“It is a struggle for the heart and soul of jihadism, but it’s also a dirty little turf war,” said Aron Lund, who studies militant Islam and edits the Carnegie Endowment’s Syria In Crisis website.

At stake is power in the insurgency and over daily life in rebel-held northern Syria, where ISIS has sought to impose draconian religious rules and clamp down on public protest. The outcome is unclear, and different factions are fighting for different scenarios, whether to eradicate ISIS or bring it into the fold as more a cooperative participant in the insurgency.

A decisive victory over ISIS could lift the Syrian opposition ahead of planned peace talks in Switzerland on Jan. 22, if disparate factions show a new unity and coordination that they could use to regain momentum against the government. The timing has prompted speculation that the coalition of rebel leaders in exile, which has steadily been losing influence, or its regional and Western backers have encouraged or supported the fighting.
    More at link.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    From the article: UPDATE, 12:00 p.m.: This report has been updated to clarify that the anti-tank weapons found in the possession of the Islamic State are not U.S.-made.
    Yeah, the weapons are made in Croatia and Ukraine with; US, Qatarian, and House of Saud funds... then given to moderate rebels, or militants, or terrorists, or Jihadists, or whatever. 3 1/2-4 years of funding weapons and training... I wonder what the total costs have reached.

You keep hearing the US/Western media clowns and Washington DC bureaucrats barking about the 100,000s of dead civilians and millions in refugees... that all you hear from the propaganda machines. Well, how did it all start, who planned this, who's operating this, who's meeting with terrorists? Cutoff the weapons and funds... the destruction and killing will stop.

USUAL SUSPECTS are destroying and killing across the near/middle east... cutoff the funds and pull out the agent provocateurs, and the death and destruction will cease.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Yes- article from January:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/13/wo...aeda.html?_r=0

More at link.
    Would you like to buy the Golden Gate Bridge?

Back in 2011, Al Qaeda operatives bragged about being on the front lines of the U.S. backed effort to topple Khadafi.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...eda-links.html

Seymour Hersh broke the story that the U.S. was using Bengazi to funnel weapons from what then became Al Qaeda controlled Libya to the "moderate rebels" in Syria.

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v36/n08/seymour...d-the-rat-line

Just who do you think Al Qaeda was supporting? The moderates?

I had a conversation here just a couple of weeks ago where it was insisted I was an illogical conspiracy theorist because I asserted that this path of arms trafficking was the most likely given what we knew then, but could not prove it beyond unreasonable doubts.

From the article:UPDATE, 12:00 p.m.: This report has been updated to clarify that the anti-tank weapons found in the possession of the Islamic State are not U.S.-made
    I don't see where anyone made a claim about whether they were U.S. made. The bottom line is that aid meant for the "moderate" rebels is ending up in the hands of ISIS.

I don't see where anyone made a claim about whether they were U.S. made. The bottom line is that aid meant for the "moderate" rebels is ending up in the hands of ISIS.
    Actually, I added that because I found it funny that the paper thought they better clarify that. I wonder who called them.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

IS is at war with the FSA who are us armed. IS defeated the FSA and took their weapons, same as they took the Iraq army weapons.

Seems like more than a few here have a confirmation bias and WANT there to be a conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    IS is at war with the FSA who are us armed. IS defeated the FSA and took their weapons, same as they took the Iraq army weapons.

Seems like more than a few here have a confirmation bias and WANT there to be a conspiracy.
    I've heard of ISIS and ISIL but who the hell is "IS"? Believe what you want. I hope the tooth fairy has been good to you. And for the record the U.S. had denied providing anything but "humanitarian aid" to the Syrian rebels. You are apparently intelligent enough to know that's a lie, but you oh so ready to believe that these desperate rebels would waste time and manpower fighting the best anti-Assad force on the ground when their primary aim is (supposedly) taking out Assad.

Actually, I added that because I found it funny that the paper thought they better clarify that. I wonder who called them.
    Oh. Nevermind. Good observation!

From the article:
    Those are not US made,,
    These ones are.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/w...erry-/8867817/
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Spoils of war from defeated FSA, pretty clear isn't it?

They also have US Humvees from defeating the Iraqi army.
    “I'm real, Ron, I'm real!” — Rick Santorum
    “Congratulations.” — Ron Paul¹

Quote Originally Posted by Muwahid View Post
    Spoils of war from defeated FSA, pretty clear isn't it?

They also have US Humvees from defeating the Iraqi army.
    Except they were admittedly fighting ALONGSIDE ISIS before they made their recent decision to (allegedly) fight against them.

http://syriadirect.org/main/37-video...-confront-isis

So it's just as likely that the "moderates" first shared their weapons with ISIS.

I've heard of ISIS and ISIL but who the hell is "IS"? Believe what you want. I hope the tooth fairy has been good to you. And for the record the U.S. had denied providing anything but "humanitarian aid" to the Syrian rebels. You are apparently intelligent enough to know that's a lie, but you oh so ready to believe that these desperate rebels would waste time and manpower fighting the best anti-Assad force on the ground when their primary aim is (supposedly) taking out Assad.
    You don't seem to understand what is going on in Syria.

IS is Islamic state. After they declared a caliphate, it's what they call themselves now with Al-Baghdadi as Caliph.

There are several belligerents in the war, it's not just rebels against government. You have the FSA, IS, Syrian government, Al-Nusra and various militia with varying alliances.

IS began imposing an extreme version of Sharia on territory held by anti-government forces and looting etc. The other groups took exception to this and the war opened many new fronts with the groups all battling each other. IS defeated the FSA many times and took their weapons. Some of those were the weapons the CIA provided to the FSA. This has been reported many times by even MSM, the US government armed the FSA via the CIA. There is nothing to believe or not believe, it happened.

Taking out Assad was a goal 2 years ago, but the situation has evolved with the rise of IS. It wouldn't surprise anyone if the FSA and the Syrian government end up allies against IS.

What needs to be understood is the complexity of the situation as well.

The goal for all Syrian rebels is to topple the regime, so even if that means working with ideological enemies (FSA, IS, etc.) they will do so, to overwhelm the better equipped regime fighters, and settle their own disputes after the Alawites are removed from power.

They create peace agreements, but frequently clash over dominance in certain cities and towns, this is a repetitive process.

So it's not a black and white "these guys are mortal enemies", I think the insinuation here is that if a link can be proven between FSA and IS, then the MSM lied to everyone and claimed they were only arming moderates but the moderates and extremists are one in the same therefore the US is arming, funding (knowingly) IS.

This is an incredibly simplistic view of the region. It's without doubt the US government did not reveal the risks associated with arming the Syrian rebels, but the US government was well aware that a revolution would happen anyway, so they needed to throw support to a "moderate" group ASAP, and make them the strongest in the region... and guess what, FSA were the top dogs, until ISIS came in armed to the teeth from the Iraq war, with tons of experience, and took over all that land (which only increased their recruitment).

Thats why the US government is now in an active war against them.

No one expected ISIS to route 30,000 Iraqi troops, looting hundreds of millions of dollars, US armored vehicles, weapons, establish a caliphate, establish an actual functioning government that deals with people's affairs, all within this short frame of time, what IS did is nothing short of amazing. That's why the first chance the US got (The Yazidis!) they started a new war.
    “I'm real, Ron, I'm real!” — Rick Santorum
    “Congratulations.” — Ron Paul¹

I think the insinuation here is that if a link can be proven between FSA and IS, then the MSM lied to everyone and claimed they were only arming moderates but the moderates and extremists are one in the same therefore the US is arming, funding (knowingly) IS.
    Why are you do desperate to assert it isn't so?

Give in to the mounting evidence already. For someone claiming to be so knowledgeable, intelligent, and sophisticated about the region, the straightforward explanation IS that the US is funding this mess. You're confusing yourself with the different groups, when the same guy can pretend to be members of any group that people handing out weapons want them to be with. "Sure, stupid Americans - we are TOTALLY moderate. Shahid, Abdullah, bring in the truck so the Americans can load it up!"

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post

Give in to the mounting evidence already. For someone claiming to be so knowledgeable, intelligent, and sophisticated about the region, the straightforward explanation IS that the US is funding this mess. You're confusing yourself with the different groups, when the same guy can pretend to be members of any group that people handing out weapons want them to be with. "Sure, stupid Americans - we are TOTALLY moderate. Shahid, Abdullah, bring in the truck so the Americans can load it up!"

You are being overly simplistic. The belligerents in this conflict have been around for years. Our spooks are pretty good, they vet these groups fairly well.

Did some weapons handed to the FSA end up with IS? I'm sure they did. Defections, conquests, deaths, even your impersonations can lead to Us funded weapons passing to IS.

But did the US government directly and purposely fund IS? You have to be a conspiracy nutter to believe that.

But did the US government directly and purposely fund IS? You have to be a conspiracy nutter to believe that.
    When all is said and done, this will end up as another clear point in favor of being a "conspiracy nutter". Your faith in "our spooks" is the most wacky theory yet, and one with little-to-no evidence to justify it.

And you do? Rhetorical question. You're really clueless.

IS is Islamic state. After they declared a caliphate, it's what they call themselves now with Al-Baghdadi as Caliph.
    Islamic state of what exactly?

There are several belligerents in the war, it's not just rebels against government. You have the FSA, IS, Syrian government, Al-Nusra and various militia with varying alliances.
    Uh-huh. And at times ISIS and the FSA have been aligned. It's quite likely that during that alliance they shared weapons. Duh!

IS began imposing an extreme version of Sharia on territory held by anti-government forces and looting etc. The other groups took exception to this and the war opened many new fronts with the groups all battling each other. IS defeated the FSA many times and took their weapons. Some of those were the weapons the CIA provided to the FSA. This has been reported many times by even MSM, the US government armed the FSA via the CIA. There is nothing to believe or not believe, it happened.

Taking out Assad was a goal 2 years ago, but the situation has evolved with the rise of IS. It wouldn't surprise anyone if the FSA and the Syrian government end up allies against IS.
    Taking out Assad never should have been a goal if the first damn place. For one thing it's none of our business. For another Assad was an "ally" in the so called "war on terror" until he decided to buck Bush on Iraq. This whole stupid proxy war has nothing to do with freedom or democracy or human rights or anything other than Assad didn't play ball exactly as we wanted to so we decided to take him out, U.S. interests be damned.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post

I think he believes there's some sort of Terrorist I.D. cards that he uses to identify who is who.

What needs to be understood is the complexity of the situation as well.
    It's not complex at all. Some of us were saying from the jump that if we tried to take Assad out Syria would become a hotbed for terrorism just like Iraq and Libya have become hotbeds for terrorism. And guess what? We were right!

The goal for all Syrian rebels is to topple the regime, so even if that means working with ideological enemies (FSA, IS, etc.) they will do so, to overwhelm the better equipped regime fighters, and settle their own disputes after the Alawites are removed from power.
    Damn! That's what I've been saying! FSA and ISIS allied early and often. They shared manpower and weapons. Now (supposedly) FSA and ISIS have "fallen out". Even if that's true, and I'm not sure that it is, that doesn't change the fact that our stupid policy of trying to topple Assad has come back to bite us in the butt. Or...maybe it hasn't. Some people would love an excuse to re-invade Iraq and to also invade Syria. And now they've got a humdinger of an excuse. "We've got to get ISIS!"

They create peace agreements, but frequently clash over dominance in certain cities and towns, this is a repetitive process.
    A repetitive process that we should never have facilitating in the beginning with our bloodlust to get Assad and that we should not continue to feed by supporting any of the so called "rebel groups".

So it's not a black and white "these guys are mortal enemies", I think the insinuation here is that if a link can be proven between FSA and IS, then the MSM lied to everyone and claimed they were only arming moderates but the moderates and extremists are one in the same therefore the US is arming, funding (knowingly) IS.
    It is black and white in that our stupid interventionism has caused red (blood) and we need to cut it out before we make things even worse. The only intervention we should even consider at this point is one designed to stabilize the Assad regime.

This is an incredibly simplistic view of the region.
    Bollocks! It's a complex view of the region which comes to the logical conclusion that just about anything we do to try to "fix" it will only make it worse.

It's without doubt the US government did not reveal the risks associated with arming the Syrian rebels, but the US government was well aware that a revolution would happen anyway, so they needed to throw support to a "moderate" group ASAP, and make them the strongest in the region... and guess what, FSA were the top dogs, until ISIS came in armed to the teeth from the Iraq war, with tons of experience, and took over all that land (which only increased their recruitment).
    Bollocks again! There was no "risk of revolution" before Hillary Clinton began funding the "peaceful protest" movement!

http://dissenter.firedoglake.com/201...ange-in-syria/

For someone putting yourself out as an "expert" on the situation you are woefully uninformed.

Thats why the US government is now in an active war against them.

No one expected ISIS to route 30,000 Iraqi troops, looting hundreds of millions of dollars, US armored vehicles, weapons, establish a caliphate, establish an actual functioning government that deals with people's affairs, all within this short frame of time, what IS did is nothing short of amazing. That's why the first chance the US got (The Yazidis!) they started a new war.
    Many of us expected the situation in Syria to go back due to our stupid intervention and many of us knew Iraq would deteriorate once the U.S. troops left because we wrecked that country. This "nobody expected" nonsense is like ignoring the predictions of Peter Schiff about the economy. Could anyone predict that these jihadis that have been facilitated by U.S. interventionism and possibly by U.S. funding would use the name "ISIS"? No. But who cares about that detail? Once I found out that the U.S. back rebel leaders in Libya bragged about having troops who got their training killing U.S. troops it became painfully clear where all of this was going. If memory serves me right you argued against my insight which turned out to be true. Or maybe that was BlackTerrell. Regardless it's high time people quit burying their collective heads in the sand and realize just how bad our government is screwing up our future.

I think I've had about enough for tonight.

If you want to believe everything that happens in the world is a conspiracy by the US government you will. If you want believe the US government willing and purposely arms all the bad guys, you will.

We live in a free country, think whatever you want.

You are being overly simplistic. The belligerents in this conflict have been around for years. Our spooks are pretty good, they vet these groups fairly well.

Did some weapons handed to the FSA end up with IS? I'm sure they did. Defections, conquests, deaths, even your impersonations can lead to Us funded weapons passing to IS.

Have you ever wondered why the US has never tried to sanction the ISIS with their sale of oil to Turkey? The US were ready to sanction the hell out of Ukrainian govt for defending govt building against violent protestors but they are mum when it comes to ISIS.

And then there is this.

But then again you buy into the whole global warming scam, so buying into the newest US govt propaganda is not new to you

They can't sanction IS oil sales. It's small scale black market, beyond government control. Pretty much just truckloads over the border.

I buy into global warming? Maybe you have the wrong conspiracy matched to the wrong person?

Ok with that I really had enough.

How often do you receive your talking points updates? Looks like they need an update from your handlers if you think Baghdadi is still in the picture.

It's rather funny watching you spew your propaganda all over this board when you aren't even as up-to-date on the propaganda as most real RPF posters are.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast