Thread: Poll: McConnell Opens Up Large 8-Point Lead Over Grimes

Poll: McConnell Opens Up Large 8-Point Lead Over Grimes

http://bluegrasspolitics.bloginky.co...s-in-kentucky/

Quote Originally Posted by The Lexington Herald-Leader
    A new poll released Sunday morning shows U.S. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell opening up a clear lead over Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes in Kentucky’s U.S. Senate race.

An NBC News/Marist poll shows McConnell’s strongest positioning yet. His 8-point lead among likely voters, 47 percent to 39 percent, is outside the poll’s margin of error of plus or minus 3.7 percentage points. Libertarian candidate David Patterson pulled 8 percent.

Chuck Todd, moderating his first episode of “Meet the Press” on Sunday, noted the success Grimes has had fundraising when he announced the new numbers.

“In red-state Kentucky, Alison Grimes, a Democrat, tons of money, she’s behind eight,” Todd said. “Not looking very good for her.”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is this supposed to be surprising?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Is this supposed to be surprising?
    It shouldn't be, but there were a lot of people predicting McConnell was toast. Which was insane, given it's a red state and this is a GOP year.

I thought the race would be closer

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

McConnell can't lose in Kentucky.

Kentuckians lose either way with these big government 'Fascist-For Sale' politicians.

Grimes campaign is just downright moronic... trying to distancing herself from Obama, while her frigin parents visit the White House. Then again, it's the illusion of choice in the general election of ringers.

The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Maybe it was because he shed Jesse Benton... gg.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    Maybe it was because he shed Jesse Benton... gg.
    I came to this thread to read that. I knew it was inevitable that somebody was going to post that.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Obama is the Angel of Death to lesser Democrat politicians. 2014 will see as much of a personal f-u from the electorate to a President as can be given.

If Grimes wins we'd be stuck with her for two decades in the Senate. She'd be a fixture in the Senate, ugh. At least with McConnell this will be his last term before retirement and then hopefully Massie will run.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    I thought the race would be closer
    McConnell won by six points in 2008, during the big Obama/Democratic sweep. Why would he do worse than that in a GOP year, in what is a very red state?

Plus, Grimes is a mediocre opponent.

I've actually donated to this guy:

Hope he wins.

Last edited by nobody's_hero; 09-09-2014 at 06:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

These come as Grimes allegedly takes the lead.

After two polls in his favor, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell again has slipped behind Democratic challenger Alison Lundergan Grimes, according to the latest Bluegrass Poll.

Grimes, Kentucky's secretary of State, now leads the veteran five-term senator 46% to 44% among likely voters, the survey found. While that advantage is within the poll's margin of error, it represents a 6-point swing to the Democrat since the last survey in late August.
    Grimes Staff Caught on Hidden Camera: She’s Lying About Support for Coal Industry
    hxxp://freebeacon.com/politics/grimes-staffers-suggest-kentucky-dem-lies-about-coal-support/

Top Grimes Donor: "She's going to f**k 'em when she gets elected"
    http://projectveritasaction.com/temwfv7ts8n

Another "noble" liar.

They're both awful. When will Americans pull their heads out and stop voting for the two-headed one party statists?
    Last edited by Lucille; 10-08-2014 at 10:11 AM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

I am guessing that if Mitch wins then the Senate will get a full vote on Audit The Fed
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Wait, which slave master is the nicer one?
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Quote Originally Posted by ZENemy View Post
    Wait, which slave master is the nicer one?
    The one that looks like a turtle, he can't give fast enough chase nor swing the whip as hard as the younger one

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    I am guessing that if Mitch wins then the Senate will get a full vote on Audit The Fed
    Well if a political pro like you guesses that, it must happen. Lock it. My guess is that McConnell becomes speaker, he will let Rand Paul down like Ronalad Reagan let Ron Paul down. It's the "GOP thing to do." Tradition. We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    Well if a political pro like you guesses that, it must happen. Lock it. My guess is that McConnell becomes speaker, he will let Rand Paul down like Ronalad Reagan let Ron Paul down. It's the "GOP thing to do." Tradition. We will see.
    Rand to McConnel and Ron to Reagan is a faulty analogy. There are very different dynamics at play here vs back then.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

is this a good thing? is a Republican senate a good thing. sometimes I wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    She didn't. Even leftists on the news were dismissing that poll. It's completely contradictory of the other stuff. McConnell's RCP average is +4.8, about the same it was a month ago.

Put it this way: Since the beginning of the race, only four independent polls have put Grimes ahead, and three of them were from this same pollster (Bluegrass).