Thread: Scottish Independence: Yes Vote ahead for the First Time!

Scottish Independence: Yes Vote ahead for the First Time!

God I hope they can win. Regardless of the politics on the "yes" side, any move away from the globalist elite toward sovereignty is good in my mind. Lets just hope it doesn't turn out like the Quebec referendum and lose by the margin of error.

The YouGov research for the Sunday Times found 51% supported independence, compared to 49% who wanted to remain in the UK.
    Rumours about the latest YouGov findings had been swirling for days. The firm has charted a remarkable turnaround for Yes, which has seen them recover from a 22 point deficit in just one month.
    http://www.scotsman.com/news/uk/scot...lead-1-3533686

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Maybe if this happens it will embolden independence movements in the U.S.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

So the UK is willing to let Scotland go, but keeps Northern Ireland?

Contrast that with the U.S. government, that responded to secession votes in the early 1860s with threats and violence.

(Probably wouldn't react much different if states tried it again today.)

Is there any reason to believe that their votes are not rigged?
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Do it for Mel Gibson!
    Mel Gibson is of Irish descent.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    I thought William Wallace was a Scot?
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post
    I thought William Wallace was a Scot?
    That's a character . I doubt Mel would give a rats behind one way or the other.

Being about 3/4 Scots Irish, I say "yay" for independence. I actually have a cousin over there big into the Yes organization.

Quote Originally Posted by jclay2 View Post
    God I hope they can win. Regardless of the politics on the "yes" side, any move away from the globalist elite toward sovereignty is good in my mind. Lets just hope it doesn't turn out like the Quebec referendum and lose by the margin of error.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/uk/scot...lead-1-3533686
    As a Celt myself, I would love to think this is a good thing. Unfortunately, they will be staying int the European Union. They will probably adopt the Euro as their currency, at least Britain still has the Pound. Maybe they will be sovereign someday, I guess I still hope they win this vote. I'm glad Ireland is independent, although they are still in the EU
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

That's a character . I doubt Mel would give a rats behind one way or the other.
    You are wrong, Mel is a big advocate of liberty, and independence. He is very anti globalist, he had a wonderful interview with Playboy in the 90s discussing such issues. Although since then he has chickened out a bit publicly, he's an Alex Jones type.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    As a Celt myself, I would love to think this is a good thing. Unfortunately, they will be staying int the European Union. They will probably adopt the Euro as their currency, at least Britain still has the Pound. Maybe they will be sovereign someday, I guess I still hope they win this vote. I'm glad Ireland is independent, although they are still in the EU
    It's a step forward though.

You are wrong, Mel is a big advocate of liberty, and independence. He is very anti globalist, he had a wonderful interview with Playboy in the 90s discussing such issues. Although since then he has chickened out a bit publicly, he's an Alex Jones type.
    I was just razzing him about Mel's lineage vs Wallace. I'm thinking Wallace was of Pict ancestry, although many Scots originally came from Ireland as the Scoti. It's complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    So the UK is willing to let Scotland go, but keeps Northern Ireland?
    They keep northern Ireland because if they leave there will be massacres between the protestants and Catholics.They literally separate them with walls.

No they won't ,UK is in the EU ,Scotland is not if they would like to join they would have to apply and there is no way the Spanish and Italians let them join. In any case I think that the Germans are behind all of this.
    Last edited by Demigod; 09-07-2014 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demigod View Post
    They keep northern Ireland because if they leave there will be massacres between the protestants and Catholics.They literally separate them with walls.
    Yes I know. I'm mostly Irish Catholic background and grew up in a heavily Irish Catholic area around IRA supporters. I don't have anything personal against the Unionists, but if they want to stay in the UK they can go back there.

It really bothers me that the UK is willing to let Scotland go so easily but still imposes rule on NI.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demigod View Post
    No they won't ,UK is in the EU ,Scotland is not if they would like to join they would have to apply and there is no way the Spanish and Italians let them join. In any case I think that the Germans are behind all of this.
    Nigel Farage said Scotland will be in the EU regardless, I think he would know.
    Last edited by William Tell; 09-07-2014 at 10:13 AM.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

and perhaps a currency backed by gold. One can dream.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Independence supporters should buy airtime the 24 hours prior to voting... should bump support up to 75%

Conclude with this "Braveheart" shot to 10 Downing and country :

The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

I'm Scottish and Irish so it works either way.
    I am the spoon.