Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Prison Time for Adam Kokesh

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    Guy wants freedom. Moves to one of the most un-free states in the country...

-t
    I thought he wanted to fight for freedom and he moved to the front lines. What's with this $#@!?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm glad he's not going back but too bad they took his legal gun rights away. (Go bury some in the desert.)

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    I wonder how long it will take Kokesh to land back in prison.
    Hopefully never. He stopped calling his show Adam vs The Man. I heard him talk about why and it sounded like he doesn't want to keep being the guy marching on the front line like he had been. I can't blame him for that.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    breakout the snowboard Adam Kokesh, Wolverines COLORADO MTNS, woot woot, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A51gkF7eu_A&hd=1
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

I am glad he got off, largely because he didn't infringe on anyone's rights during his antics... but he is not very smart about things and he makes himself very unsympathetic due to his actions and rhetoric.... imagine him going before a jury for example.

Also, half the point of civil disobedience is to show how sympathetic your cause is and how ridicules the government is behaving. When one's actions or rhetoric overshadow the point you're making and turn people off of you, then it is kind of self-defeating.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I am glad that Adam does not have to go to prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    I am glad he got off, largely because he didn't infringe on anyone's rights during his antics... but he is not very smart about things and he makes himself very unsympathetic due to his actions and rhetoric.... imagine him going before a jury for example.

Also, half the point of civil disobedience is to show how sympathetic your cause is and how ridicules the government is behaving. When one's actions or rhetoric overshadow the point you're making and turn people off of you, then it is kind of self-defeating.

Kind of like staffers of a political campaign that prides itself on integrity, yet due to not very smart actions end up being criminally indicted?

Ah, the hobbit has come out of his hole.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

but he is not very smart about things and he makes himself very unsympathetic due to his actions and rhetoric
    I think that portion of your comment, was actually meant for these threads, and regarding someone else?
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...mpaign-manager

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...r-Jesse-Benton

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...supporter-quot

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Rand-Paul-2016

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...f-Jesse-Benton
    Last edited by jjdoyle; 09-07-2014 at 06:33 PM.

I wish I got that lucky.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    In this society the bad people stay out of prison and many of the best go.
    Yeah, we have too many people in prison but I don't believe that "many of the best," end up there. Most people go about their day in a productive manner and avoid any confrontation whatsoever with those in positions to arrest them.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Not saying these gun laws and drug laws are just. Just saying he would be smart to not intentionally do things that will get him in trouble and should instead focus on more constructive political activism.
    Yeah be safe, at all costs. Forget about having the courage of your convictions. And make sure you poll your decisions so as not to incur any criticism for the way you choose to live your life. Damnit.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Uh...your opinion seems to be in the minority here.....

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.

In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......

What I find strange about Kokesh is that he goes and does the thing for civil disobedience, and then rather than fighting it out and embarrassing them in court he just rolls over and pleads guilty. Did he not understand what he was getting into, or something?

I wonder why he didn't just shoot a green screen video that made it appear as if he was loading a shotgun in DC while not actually doing so. If he just wanted to troll the authorities that might have been better.

Agreed. If Adam had "stuck to his guns" (pun intended) he could have taken the gun ban to the supreme court, but they got him for the drugs/guns mix (922g). If he had not had drugs in the house, he could have appealed any charge against him for just loading the shotgun in Freedom Plaza... that would have been a badass fight. Not saying that I support drug laws, but Adam could have made a much bigger impact if he had just stuck to the gun issue.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by kylejack View Post
    What I find strange about Kokesh is that he goes and does the thing for civil disobedience, and then rather than fighting it out and embarrassing them in court he just rolls over and pleads guilty. Did he not understand what he was getting into, or something?

I wonder why he didn't just shoot a green screen video that made it appear as if he was loading a shotgun in DC while not actually doing so. If he just wanted to troll the authorities that might have been better.
    Monday morning quarterbacking, hindsight, second guessing.....

I'm sure he wishes he had done things differently. It may have seemed worth it, until he realized his close circle of "friends" were nothing but feeding-frenzy-sharks!

Then there was all the money that was collected for his legal defense, which went in someone's pocket, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Agreed. If Adam had "stuck to his guns" (pun intended) he could have taken the gun ban to the supreme court, but they got him for the drugs/guns mix (922g). If he had not had drugs in the house, he could have appealed any charge against him for just loading the shotgun in Freedom Plaza... that would have been a badass fight. Not saying that I support drug laws, but Adam could have made a much bigger impact if he had just stuck to the gun issue.
    There is no legal method of forcing a Supreme Court hearing on any case. Their review of any given case is entirely at the will of the Supreme Court. They choose the cases they want to hear, and no more.

It's good to be one of the nine costumed Ringwraiths.

Quote Originally Posted by kylejack View Post

I don't think he had a full understanding of what he was up against until he had some time to sit in lockup and see what was happening to other people in there, and realize he was doing a lot better than they were.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12