Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gt.Dane ate what?

Gt.Dane ate what?

Surgery on ailing Great Dane yields 43 1/2 socks

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/0...cmp=latestnews

PORTLAND, Ore. – The 3-year-old Great Dane was miserable and retching when its owners rushed him to a northwest Portland emergency animal hospital.

It was something he ate!

X-rays showed a stomach full of "a large quantity of foreign material." Nearly two hours of surgery later, Dr. Ashley Magee had the answer -- the dog had consumed 43 1/2 socks.

DoveLewis Emergency Animal Hospital spokeswoman Shawna Harch said it's perhaps the strangest case in the hospital's history, The Oregonian reported.

So strange that the hospital entered last February's tale, complete with X-rays, in an annual contest sponsored by the vet magazine, Veterinary Practice News, and won a prize. Fittingly enough, the contest is called "They Ate WHAT?"

Even stranger. The $1,500 first place winner was a Plano, Texas, animal hospital that treated an exotic frog that ate more than 30 small ornamental rocks from its cage.

The DoveLewis entry summary says the Great Dane was discharged home a day after surgery. Harch says the owners aren't available for comment but she confirms the dog is alive. No word on what he's eaten lately.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

A friend has a Great Dane. They have found the kids underwear in his droppings...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

43 1/2 socks
    Who has 1/2 a sock?

The German Shepard I had, was always cleaning out the wastebasket in the bathroom... and eh.. and the tampons and napkins would be in his droppings out in the yard. It's a wonder he never had to have surgery.

So that's where they all went!And people have been blaming dryers all these years.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

We had a border collie when I was a teen and he used to like to eat my moms pantyhose. One time I heard him whimpering while he was trying to take a crap and I saw something hanging out of his butt. I held it down with a stick and he walked off - it was a crap encrusted knee high panty hose.

How many male teens in the house? Where did they leave their used jizz rags?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    How many male teens in the house? Where did they leave their used jizz rags?
    They probably were using socks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Might have been. Hadn't thought about that, really. I suppose it is more probable than possible. You may be on to something.

Of course, it may be the dog was sleeping next to the cloths dryer and the warm moist vortex inside of the dryer, caused a wormhole that transported the socks into the stomach of the dog. The dog may have woken up and wondered why his stomach was suddenly full.

Of course, it may be the dog was sleeping next to the cloths dryer and the warm moist vortex inside of the dryer, caused a wormhole that transported the socks into the stomach of the dog. The dog may have woken up and wondered why his stomach was suddenly full.
    Solved. The dog had worms.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Who has 1/2 a sock?
    I have some that are so tattered they could be considered half-socks. I use them for certain sports and chores and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    I have some that are so tattered they could be considered half-socks. I use them for certain sports and chores and such.
    "Cleaning the pipes" and such.

Solved. The dog had worms.

I hate when the dog uses his crayons on my carpets.

Is pocket pool considered a "sport" these days?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is pocket pool considered a "sport" these days?

My 15 year old son always has socks on his nightstand, he says his feet get cold sometimes.

Ewww...

My 15 year old son always has socks on his nightstand, he says his feet get cold sometimes.

Ewww...
    Does he become upset when you disturb him while he is using the vacuum in his room?

Does he become upset when you disturb him while he is using the vacuum in his room?
    No vacuum, we have hardwood floors. I don't like big rugs either, so he only has a small one next to his bed.

43 socks! I guarantee that the dog was in the dirty laundry basket. LOL I had a Boston Terrier that used to go for the dirty undies in the laundry basket years ago. He'd drag em out, gnaw on the crotch until nothing was left but the elastic. I have no idea why dogs love dirty laundry or rotten stuff they find on the ground. They love to roll in dead birds, doo-doo and all sorts of nasty stuff.

I had a Great Dane once who rifled through the neighbors trash and came home with a large Spaghetti-O can stuck on her face. She'd gotten her tongue stuck under the lid in the can and ran all the way home with it stuck on her face. Hub and I were sitting in the den when she showed up at the sliding doors whimpering. We just looked at her and said "wth"?? LOL Since then Mags has gone home to Jesus, but she was so funny.
    Last edited by Terry1; 09-04-2014 at 05:52 PM.

No vacuum, we have hardwood floors. I don't like big rugs either, so he only has a small one next to his bed.
    Poor kid, doesn't have a vacuum? Humm... maybe you live on a dairy farm?

Quote Originally Posted by Terry1 View Post
    43 socks!
    and 1/2

I guarantee that the dog was in the dirty laundry basket. LOL I had a Boston Terrier that used to go for the dirty undies in the laundry basket years ago. He'd drag em out, gnaw on the crotch until nothing was left but the elastic.

Poor kid, doesn't have a vacuum? Humm... maybe you live on a dairy farm?
    Why would he want a vacuum?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why would he want a vacuum?
    I guess you never saw that movie.
    Last edited by Dr.3D; 09-04-2014 at 06:03 PM.

Vet removes 62 hair bands, 8 pairs of underwear from dog

TORONTO – A U.S. veterinarian removed enough underwear from a dog’s stomach that would last someone more than week.

Tiki the black Labrador is recovering after having 62 hairbands, eight pairs of underwear, a Band-Aid and four elastic bands surgically removed from her stomach.

The pooch was taken to a Pennsylvania animal hospital after the dog failed to respond to medication used to treat vomiting and diarrhea, according WATE News.

The dog was sent for X-rays which revealed a large mass in its stomach. A two-hour exploratory surgery was performed.

“And I found this hair band attached to another hair band to another one to another one and to other things,” Dr. Hisham Ibrahim told the Pittsburgh news station.

Other things indeed.

“Four rubber bands, a Band-Aid, eight pairs of underwear and 62 hair bands is a lot to be in a dog’s stomach, especially of Tiki’s size,” Emily Cottle, head vet technician, said.

The dog is expected to make a full recovery.
    http://globalnews.ca/news/2101091/ve...wear-from-dog/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Oh look, a whole thread dedicated to why I will never own a dog and how people who do aren't right in the head.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Ewww...
    You should buy him a bottle of a nice lubricant in case his feet get really cold to help with the rubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Oh look, a whole thread dedicated to why I will never own a dog and how people who do aren't right in the head.
    There are people who bring dogs to work and expect their subordinates to like it.

Ewww...

Our mini dachshund escaped from the gated kitchen, opened a plastic peanut of Silly Putty, and ate it. This was verified a day or so later when the bright pink pile was found out in the yard.

They say Silly Putty is non-toxic, and that's probably true. It is not, however, biodegradable.
    Last edited by euphemia; 07-09-2015 at 12:43 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast