Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NFL Season **OFFICIAL THREAD**

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Well, the Chief's season is done with Derrick Johnson out for the year. They have a brutal schedule and would've struggled to win games even with him in the line up.
    Something was up with that turf, there were a lot of guys slipping.

AFC South had that schedule last year, played against AFC and NFC West. I think everyone lost to KC, Seattle, SF and Denver.

We thank you for cutting Succop though. The kickers we had in preseason would not have made those kicks today.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's only fair.....

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    the season just started. Probably should wait till the 2nd game before writing anyone off...

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    the season just started. Probably should wait till the 2nd game before writing anyone off...
    I didn't see anything today to give me encouragement for next. week.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Didn't look like any Cowboys fans even bothered to show up.

Was a great game though. Injuries, suspensions, ridiculous flags... doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Oh wait Seattle has a team? I hadn't noticed.
    are they afc or nfc this year?
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Moon View Post

It's been like that for at least a couple of years now. I think Cowboys fans are boycotting Jerry, but Jerry won't care as long as those seats are filled with the butts of opposing team fans. As long as the money rolls in, Jerry doesn't care.

I hate Tony Romo and always have. I don't care how many stats people want to wave at me, he just sucks. Put in the 2nd string QB and start over. We've been told all through the preseason that our defense sucks but they actually did pretty good this game. It was mostly the offense that allowed SF to score, not the D.

Sorry to disappoint, but US football is one of the most boring sports evarrr. I'd ruther watch curling. :P /end grouchy threadjack
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I've been turning into a Broncos fan anyways over the last few years. Let's redeem ourselves after last years superbowl debacle.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good news in Oakland: Raiders rookie Quarterback Derek Carr looking good. Woodson is still an all-pro.

Bad news: the rest of the team is looking JV...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Well, the Chief's season is done with Derrick Johnson out for the year. They have a brutal schedule and would've struggled to win games even with him in the line up.
    Bummer for KC. I'm still pulling for them...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Good news in Oakland: Raiders rookie Quarterback Derek Carr looking good. Woodson is still an all-pro.

Bad news: the rest of the team is looking JV...
    Im sad Derek Carr ended up on the Raiders

David could be looking at the Hall of Fame if he had been drafted to a good team.

I'm just glad panthers won, it was going to be close, but I'm pretty happy with the skill of our backup QB. Anderson is better than some starting QBs (sorry Romo) and if Cam Newton was to face a major injury, the panthers still have a playoff team this year.

Plenty of wrinkles to iron out still, seemed that the defense gave in to early victory celebration and it almost cost the game after shutting out the Bucs for the first 3 quarters...

And we are in trouble when it comes time to play the Saints and Falcons... Matt Ryan and his team looked perfect

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    I've been turning into a Broncos fan anyways over the last few years. Let's redeem ourselves after last years superbowl debacle.
    Go Denver! Been a fan since I was kid (because I lived in Colorado). Craig Morton. Orange Crush. Lyle Alzado. Floyd Little. Some dude named Elway.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Go Denver! Been a fan since I was kid (because I lived in Colorado). Craig Morton. Orange Crush. Lyle Alzado. Floyd Little. Some dude named Elway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Moon View Post

Was a great game though. Injuries, suspensions, ridiculous flags... doesn't matter.

Jerry Jones said he didn't notice because he was calling plays or something.

ARLINGTON, Texas -- A significant percentage of the 91,174 fans who filled AT&T Stadium on Sunday afternoon wore red and cheered for the San Francisco 49ers, but Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones claimed not to notice the home-field disadvantage.

"Listen, I'm interested in the football game and what went on with the game," Jones said after the Cowboys' 28-17 loss to the 49ers. "It's not good when you don't win -- from any perspective, marketing or otherwise. I had my eye on those turnovers and interest on those turnovers. I'm not even sure I know what you are talking about, to tell you the truth. OK?"

Jones bristled when asked about 49ers fans making up almost half the crowd. He responded by asking if the inquiring reporter counted the fans.

"B.S.," Jones said when told it looked like the crowd was pretty evenly split between Cowboys and 49ers fans. "I know you didn't count them. Anyway, nothing went through my mind. I was looking at the game."

According to StubHub, the 49ers-Cowboys season opener is the highest-selling game of the 2014 season on the secondary market. The third highest-selling game is the Houston Texans' Oct. 5 trip to AT&T Stadium, the Cowboys' $1.2 billion stadium.

hate to say it...nah...not really, but as bad as Dallas played, they were still in it...28-17?....i call that a close game...

SF still sucks....

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

hate to say it...nah...not really, but as bad as Dallas played, they were still in it...28-17?....i call that a close game...

SF still sucks....
    LOL it was more like 28-7 Dallas got garbage points at the end. Somebody is shakin in their rain soaked boots...

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	J+J+Watt+Miami+Dolphins+v+Houston+Texans+c4ifkQF2pOol.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	3059
    The only team in Texas worth watching this year.

LOL it was more like 28-7 Dallas got garbage points at the end. Somebody is shakin in their rain soaked boots...
    hey, quit stealing my lines. i might need those later...

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Sorry to disappoint, but US football is one of the most boring sports evarrr.
    Not when it comes to fantasy football!

I confess I don't actually watch any games, just the numbers that come out of it.

I'm just hoping something happens to Jamaal Charles so Knile Davis can become seriously valuable for my fantasy team

PETITION: Roger Goodell should suspect Charles

hey, quit stealing my lines. i might need those later...
    That's your line? Not surprising in Seattle.

That's your line? Not surprising in Seattle.
    your in Oregon now?...come on up to Seattle, we'll make you an honorary Seahawk fan....i know you want to...

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Jerry Jones said he didn't notice because he was calling plays or something.
    LOL, I can actually see how Jerry would honestly believe all of that in his own head.

Apparently he saw the pictures though because he now has a bunch of reasons for why his stadium was filled with 49er fans... like kids wearing a 49er jersey to rebel against their fathers.

OK, so the notion that San Francisco 49ers fans filling almost half of AT&T Stadium on Sunday isn't "B.S." after all, as Jerry Jones said while dismissing the subject in the wake of the Dallas Cowboys' season-opening loss.

After a couple of days to ponder the issue, Jones launched into a four-minute filibuster Tuesday when asked about it on 105.3 The Fan, sharing theories that ranged from the affluence of 49ers fans to the attractiveness of his $1.2 billion stadium to children rebelling against their fathers.

"I just didn’t dwell on it because I knew I could think about that later in the week," Jones said. "I can think about that today, but the game, I wanted my mind on the action that’s on the field and on the game.

"But there’s several things to point out. You know, we’re so used to seeing that blue color when we travel away. We see it all the time and there’s a lot of it. Some places we go -- in Arizona -- it feels like a home game, so we know that the kind of interest that let’s say a team maybe like a San Francisco -- not maybe, like San Francisco has. Several dynamics go in here. They have affluence. They can travel."
    "Our stadium is very attractive. It’s attractive as far as people picking a game that they might want to come to Dallas to be with their team if they can afford the trip. We think that happens. It happened with Pittsburgh last time we played Pittsburgh. We won that game, but still, it happens like that. You do get a good following.

"The other thing that happened is that our tickets, that’s highest premium that we’ve had since we opened the stadium for a football game, was the premium on this ticket. We had 91,000 people there and a $90 ticket was going for $300, for example. So you do have, because we might have fans who would take the premium, watch the game on TV, it’d be a good way for them to average out on the year for their overall price of watching the Cowboys. I do see how it happened. The secondary market is so sophisticated today. You can just about manage in and out of that secondary market with your tickets as well as you can getting them through the mail.

"So all of that came into play and resulted in a great turnout. The other thing is that you have a factor. San Francisco has a lot of fans here, a lot of people from California have moved to Texas and moved to north Texas because of economic opportunity.

"And then you have what we’ve always known in the NFL. You’ll see a father and a son and you’ll see a son be a fan of the team that’s a rival to team of the father. That’s throughout the NFL. Happens all the time. We see it in New York. That’s why we see Cowboys fans up there against the Giants. So you’d have a lot of with San Francisco because of our great rivalries of the '90s, you’d have a lot of families that normally might have a Cowboys jersey on, but that boy or girl put a San Francisco jersey on."
    http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas-cowbo...illing-stadium

Miami won this week...

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Miami won this week...
    It's been a few years.

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast