Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NFL Season **OFFICIAL THREAD**

I was flying home (perhaps ironically through Seattle) from Alaska during that game and only saw the tying touchdown at an airport bar and the OT. Both teams looked pretty tired at that point. I do think that if Denver plays Seattle again the outcome might be different.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    I was flying home (perhaps ironically through Seattle) from Alaska during that game and only saw the tying touchdown at an airport bar and the OT. Both teams looked pretty tired at that point. I do think that if Denver plays Seattle again the outcome might be different.
    If the Broncos played Seattle right now theyd beat em like they beat us.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    LGBT lover? When did that happen?
    Did not you two shack up for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by adisongrace View Post
    I'm transgender.
    Big whoop.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    If the Broncos played Seattle right now theyd beat em like they beat us.
    if...if...if....

lol...

i'm more worried about the next game for Seattle.....win or lose, there is always next week. However, as the season wears on, and injuries and adjustments to defenses and offenses take place, the cream will rise to the top....so far, it looks like Arizona is in the cat bird seat..................for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Did not you two shack up for a while?
    I lived with him and his fiance (an actual woman) for almost a year.

Titans give nod to Zach Mettenberger

The Tennessee Titans have decided to start rookie Zach Mettenberger at quarterback against the visiting Houston Texans, a league source told ESPN's Adam Caplan on Wednesday.

The sixth-round draft pick out of LSU will get the start Sunday over Charlie Whitehurst, who has led the Titans to one win and two losses in his starts this season for the injured Jake Locker. The Tennessean earlier reported that the Titans planned on starting Mettenberger. Locker has missed the past two games with a bruised thumb and another game with a wrist injury.

Coach Ken Whisenhunt had said Locker would throw Tuesday and they would assess how he responds. Whisenhunt has also said nothing has changed in his thinking about the Titans' quarterbacks, meaning Locker will return as the starter when healthy. The Titans (2-5) will be looking to avoid a sixth defeat in seven games when they host former Titans quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Texans (3-4). After dropping four straight, the Titans edged previously winless Jacksonville 16-14, then lost to Washington last week.

Whitehurst was 17 of 26 for 160 yards, two touchdowns and an interception in the 19-17 defeat to the Redskins.
    Looks like they need a runner with a big arm against J.J. Watt and probably Clowney. Charlie cannot run worth a damn, so he throws it away a lot, especially on 3rd downs. Mettenberger did really well during the preseason against 2nd and 3rd teamers, but in his only real game against the Colts, he played the 4th quarter and got owned. He has played against Clowney in college.
    Last edited by CPUd; 10-22-2014 at 11:19 PM.

Since when are there sunday @ 9:30 am games??

It is being played in London which is about an eight hour time difference to some parts of the US. "Prime time" in the US would be the middle of the night there.

Denver looked sharp again. Completely shut down the Chargers running game. But like Sunday, it was against a team with lots of important people on the defense out on injuries. Next up: At New England who knows how to play against Manning. Denver has six of their final nine games on the road and no more weeks off (they had their bye week on Week 4- ten days off this week will be a "mini- bye").
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 10-24-2014 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Looks like they need a runner with a big arm against J.J. Watt and probably Clowney. Charlie cannot run worth a damn, so he throws it away a lot, especially on 3rd downs. Mettenberger did really well during the preseason against 2nd and 3rd teamers, but in his only real game against the Colts, he played the 4th quarter and got owned. He has played against Clowney in college.
    Damn, they are not just starting Mettenberger this week, they named him the new starting QB, with Jake Locker as the backup. And they definitely do not want him being a runner. He's got a good arm, they say in warmups he was throwing 60 yards without dropping back.

Charger coaching team does the same damned thing year after year after year! They pick a favored receiver and build the entire offense around him. This year it's Oliver. Their strategy is so freakin obvious.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow, Detroit, just wow. The last two weeks I thought their loss was safe in the bag, and the little bastards came back to win both times!

Nice to see the Cardinals win!

Ben Roethlisberger. Heading to Canton for sure now. First ballot.

Only QB with 2 500 yard games.
    3 Super Bowl appearances; 2 rings.
    4th fastest to 100 wins behind only Montana, Brady, and Bradshaw.
    19th on overall passing yards list and still climbing.

It may be a $#@!ty year, but at least there's this.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Pretty $#@!ed off with McCarthy in the first half. His needless trickery failed and has given the advantage to the Aints. Hopefully the defense can step up in the 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Nice to see the Cardinals win!
    they haven't played Seattle yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

that 3rd Superbowl was a 'gimme' thanks to the ref's on their knees to the 'BUS'...and the whiney steeler ownership and fans.....the BUS and politics gave em the trophy....

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Pretty $#@!ed off with McCarthy in the first half. His needless trickery failed and has given the advantage to the Aints. Hopefully the defense can step up in the 2nd half.
    fun game to watch
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    that 3rd Superbowl was a 'gimme' thanks to the ref's on their knees to the 'BUS'...and the whiney steeler ownership and fans.....the BUS and politics gave em the trophy....
    Sounds like someone's still a little butthurt...
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    nah...facts are facts. Just the truth brother.

loveshiscountry

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Excited to be a .500 team? Denver did lose in overtime at Seattle but both teams seem to have gone different directions since then.
    Lynch has averaged just under 20 carries per game the last 2 years. The last 4 games (1-3) he's carried 18 at the most. Bad back or the contract talks. He's not getting his usual work load.
    SF and Seattle looked like the top NFC teams for the next few years. This year so far they've both under performed.

Quote Originally Posted by loveshiscountry View Post
    Lynch has averaged just under 20 carries per game the last 2 years. The last 4 games (1-3) he's carried 18 at the most. Bad back or the contract talks. He's not getting his usual work load.
    SF and Seattle looked like the top NFC teams for the next few years. This year so far they've both under performed.
    9 games to go. Too early to make any real judgments...on any team. Except for Dallas....

Redskins...

that is all.

Redskins...

that is all.
    The Tony Romo you were looking for finally showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post

to be fair, i thought he played rather well up until he jammed his hip.......

the Redskin defense did a good job...

to be fair, i thought he played rather well up until he jammed his hip.......

the Redskin defense did a good job...
    Yeah, they really did. I honestly had a bad feeling about this game all week.

Yeah, they really did. I honestly had a bad feeling about this game all week.
    yeah, the same feeling i had when Dallas came to Seattle......

ah well...Seattle plays the winless Raiders sunday....and yes...i am nervous about this one. I'll probably stay nervous until Seattle is 10-3...

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Without the refs he'd have zero rings.
    I am the spoon.

Yeah they had to give Bettis a going away present. It's disgusting how many pro sports titles aren't even decided by playing the game these days.
    I am the spoon.

No butthurt just the way it's been. The Patriots 3 rings the Steelers 2 and the Saints ring were all gift wrapped. 6 times in a decade or so that the Super Bowl trophy went to a handpicked team instead of letting it be decided on the field.
    I am the spoon.

They should have left Weeden in after Romo's injury. He got them 10 points on two drives and gets pulled? This is why Dallas doesn't win. You can always count on them to do the wrong thing when it matters.
    I am the spoon.

Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast