Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NFL Season **OFFICIAL THREAD**

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Lol at us winning in Seattle? It has to happen eventually
    True that. Just messin with you. Really, I don't know what to expect this year.
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    True that. Just messin with you. Really, I don't know what to expect this year.
    So far it depends on how Bowman and Smith will play right off of months sitting on the bench. We won't win in Seattle without big time defense. Watch it's 63-60 final score

If I had the money I'd buy the 49ers a defense.

If I had the money I'd buy the 49ers a defense.
    If I had the money........I wouldn't spend a nickel of it on football.
    "The Patriarch"

Thank the gods the 49ers won
    Wasn't perfect, but I'll take it.

Yay! It's Sunday! Only 12-1/2 hours until the Cowboys game.

Go Raiders.

Carr out. Not a problem if they keep McCloin in. They will probably put Shaub in though, so the team will be consistent across the board.

All they need is a new owner, new GM, new coaches, and a lot of new players. Problems solved.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Go Raiders.

Carr out. Not a problem if they keep McCloin in. They will probably put Shaub in though, so the team will be consistent across the board.

All they need is a new owner, new GM, new coaches, and a lot of new players. Problems solved.
    Al Davis's death was supposed to be their liberation, now they already need another new owner.

My opponent had Peyton Manning on bye so I figured I'd at least pick up an easy win. Uhh no

Al Davis's death was supposed to be their liberation, now they already need another new owner.
    Yeah, their problems start at the top. Maybe they should bring Gruden back as GM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Good thing the 49ers got rid of that terrible Alex Smith...

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    LOL NE down 14-0.
    Now 17-0

I feel kinda bad for the Patriots- they are having a rough night.

LOL, no I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    I feel kinda bad for the Patriots- they are having a rough night.

LOL, no I don't.
    The pats were doing good until they got derailed by the coin flip.

Go Chiefs!!!! go for the onside kick and recover it. Lets make this a shut out night \o/

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think I just jinxed it for the chiefs. Damn

Did anyone notice the Islamic style celebration after that interception and touchdown? You heard it here first, I predict some controversy...

Wow, NE sucks. Any NE fans here? Of course not.

Wow, NE sucks. Any NE fans here? Of course not.
    I'm a patriotic American. Of course I'm a Patriots fan.
    "The Patriarch"

Garoppolo is going to be good in the NFL. I watched him play in college. Maybe Brady will play 2 more years- it would be good timing for him to take the starting job.

I'm a patriotic American. Of course I'm a Patriots fan.

Raiders fire Dennis Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Raiders fire Dennis Allen.
    Is he related to Marcus?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I like this one that came up after that video better.

"The Patriarch"

I like this one that came up after that video better.

And 2:32 is we need to know about why the Lingerie Football League failed.

Did anyone notice the Islamic style celebration after that interception and touchdown? You heard it here first, I predict some controversy...

The exact words from the referee were "unsportsmanlike conduct, going to the ground"

And yes, that is a rule on the books. But the execution here seems off. Last year, former ref and NFL rules expert Mike Pereira pointed out last year that the intent of this rule was not to penalize this type of behavior:

you're not penalized for going to the ground to give praise after a TD
    — Mike Pereira (@MikePereira) November 25, 2013

After all, it's not like he's celebrating on the ground -- like Pereira says, he's just taking a second to give praise.

What Husain Abdullah did was not "unsportsmanlike." It was a brief, personal moment between himself and the higher power he believes in, almost exactly akin to the celebration Tim Tebow made famous and was widely celebrated for. The only differences are the positions of his knees and shoulders, the faith he belongs to, and whether or not the NFL's referee called a penalty.
    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/9/2...ed-for-praying

It's a stupid penalty. It shouldn't even be a religious issue - you should be able to celebrate however you want as long as it doesn't delay the game from continuing.

When he said going to the ground, I thought he meant what that dude did to Tom Brady:

https://vine.co/v/OmzitV1an5I

And when he tried to get back up, someone else walked by and knocked him down again.

Yeah, their problems start at the top. Maybe they should bring Gruden back as GM.
    That's a damn good idea. GM and Head Coach.

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast