Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NFL Season **OFFICIAL THREAD**

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    ....starts tomorrow night.

Any predictions?
    Given the state of affairs, both globally and locally, I could think of nothing more irrelevant on the planet than sports, especially those of the professional variety.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Given the state of affairs, both globally and locally, I could think of nothing more irrelevant on the planet than sports, especially those of the professional variety.
    noted.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Football is great because for a few hours every week you can forget about all the problems goin on in the world and stress in your life and just be a kid again rooting for your team.

It's not sports for everyone... but everyone needs those mini mental vacations.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    If I had the money........I wouldn't spend a nickel of it on football.
    if i had the money, i'd move the 49er's to Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    if i had the money, i'd move the 49er's to Alaska.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Why?
    well, its either move them to Vancouver Canada or Alaska....California has too many football teams already...Alaska might be too far to travel, but it would be more fun than SF..

well, its either move them to Vancouver Canada or Alaska....California has too many football teams already...Alaska might be too far to travel, but it would be more fun than SF..
    Actually I've always thought it would be interesting to try to successfully have a team in Halifax.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Moon View Post
    Football is great because for a few hours every week you can forget about all the problems goin on in the world and stress in your life and just be a kid again rooting for your team.

Bah!Don't you even read the papers?!!??
    Hiking,skiing,sports fishing,birdwatching,TV,concerts,sports and movies,all that time,energy and money must be directed towards the r3VOLution!
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

And then they honor the troops and cover the entire field with a flag as fighter jets soar over...

I get that, but am wondering whether we can afford it at this point. I just don't know that much about anything anymore.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    And then they honor the troops and cover the entire field with a flag as fighter jets soar over...
    So,does this mean no more Packer games for you?
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

LOL he really looks like that at postgame media events, too:

Charlie Whitehurst — Quarterback for the Tennessee Titans
    What is one thing that most people don’t know about you? I can drive any vehicle to its limit.
    Name the person/s who have been the greatest influence in your life. My mother and father.
    Is there a skill or activity that you want to take up/learn? One that you have mastered? I need to learn to play my guitar.
    What are your go-to salons, spas or other locals that keep you looking and feeling great? Paul Noska keeps my threads fresh, Steve Watterson my body toned, and Troubadour Salon for the furs
    http://nashvillelifestyles.com/besto...eople-fourteen

so, i guess the Vikings need Peterson eh?...

i stopped watching before half time.

Seahawks and the washington whatevers this monday night.

Harvin will be un-leashed in this game....

Seattle 35.... the other team 7.

NFL is so boring. I used to follow it religiously, but now...blah.

The only interesting game that I've seen this season was Broncos/Seahawks, but that didn't happen until the last few minutes of the game.

This one kinda surprising:

Broncos release kicker Matt Prater

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Citing a "football decision'' they felt they had to make, the Denver Broncos cut ties with the most accurate kicker in the franchise's history Friday when they released Matt Prater.

Prater, who had served three games of a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy, was set to be reinstated Monday.

"Any time you make football decisions in an organization, especially [someone] that's been with you for a period of time like Matt, it's always difficult,'' Broncos coach John Fox said following Friday's practice. "It's always a football decision, what's going to give us the best chance, in our opinion. We wish Matt nothing but the best moving forward.''

Asked if Prater's most recent suspension and a 2011 DUI charge impacted the team's decision, Fox said, "Just an overall decision. ... I think I just answered that; they're all football decisions.''

The move keeps Brandon McManus, acquired by the Broncos in a trade from the New York Giants just after Prater's suspension was imposed, in the lineup. McManus was 3-of-3 on field goal attempts in the first three games -- from 21, 20 and 24 yards -- and has had 14 touchbacks on 16 kickoffs.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...er-matt-prater

It's happening all over the league. Someone catches a charge, they are getting cut.

bump for monday night football.

The only really big news today was Arizona losing.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Sherman would have had a pic 6 on that one.

That's a damn good idea. GM and Head Coach.
    Gruden will be getting lots of offers .

53 more days

till...................the 49er's are eliminated.....more or less....

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    LOL
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Gruden will be getting lots of offers .
    He should. He shouldnt have been allowed to retire from coaching. But most teams dont even try to win the SB, sadly.

What is up with San Fran fans?

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    till...................the 49er's are eliminated.....more or less....
    December 14th the 49ers will clinch the division.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    What is up with San Fran fans?

We didn't choose the thug life, the thug life chose us.

We didn't choose the thug life, the thug life chose us.
    lol

December 14th the 49ers will clinch the division.
    wishin' and hopin' again i see..

Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast