Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NFL Season **OFFICIAL THREAD**

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    ah well...Seattle plays the winless Raiders sunday....and yes...i am nervous about this one. I'll probably stay nervous until Seattle is 10-3...
    Don't blame you. The Raiders have never been good for anything but playing dirty.

At least, unlike my Chiefs, your guys don't have to play the bastards twice a year, every year any more. I'm sure if you're a long time fan you don't miss those days at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    fun game to watch
    It was until Rodgers tweaked his hamstring

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    They should have left Weeden in after Romo's injury. He got them 10 points on two drives and gets pulled? This is why Dallas doesn't win. You can always count on them to do the wrong thing when it matters.
    That's what I wanted to see too.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Don't blame you. The Raiders have never been good for anything but playing dirty.

At least, unlike my Chiefs, your guys don't have to play the bastards twice a year, every year any more. I'm sure if you're a long time fan you don't miss those days at all.
    The Raiders fans are so f'kn stupid. They egged the Chargers' bus BEFORE the game. Idiots. All that did was strengthen our resolve, and the Chargers kicked their stupid, dirty team's asses. (a few weeks ago - that is.)
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    The Raiders fans are so f'kn stupid. They egged the Chargers' bus BEFORE the game. Idiots. All that did was strengthen our resolve, and the Chargers kicked their stupid, dirty team's asses. (a few weeks ago - that is.)
    The Chargers would've had a few rings by now if they never fired Shottenheimer (spelling?)

Since then they've just been a waste of tons of talent. Is that Smith dude still GM?
    I am the spoon.

The Chargers would've had a few rings by now if they never fired Shottenheimer (spelling?)

Since then they've just been a waste of tons of talent. Is that Smith dude still GM?
    Yeah, well they've been clutching defeat out of the jaws of victory for decades because of stupid decisions. And no, it's Telesco now. But I think we rank 1st in injuries so far this season, and that hasn't helped at all.

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.

In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    Yeah, well they've been clutching defeat out of the jaws of victory for decades because of stupid decisions. And no, it's Telesco now. But I think we rank 1st in injuries so far this season, and that hasn't helped at all.
    Damn and being in the same division as the Broncos doesn't help right now.

49ers and Seahawks have been dealing with tons of injuries this year too. It's been a good year for bench players
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    It was until Rodgers tweaked his hamstring
    I was expecting 56-55 point game
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Damn and being in the same division as the Broncos doesn't help right now.

49ers and Seahawks have been dealing with tons of injuries this year too. It's been a good year for bench players

may the team with the 'deepest' bench....win...

toss up at this point.

The dig on Schottenheimer was that he could never win important games. His career playoff record is only 5- 13 over 21 years as a coach. His last playoff win was in 1993 with Kansas City- none in his final 13 years (five playoff games in that time). Regular season he was only below .500 once (four seasons he was at .500- lifetime he was at .613). http://www.pro-football-reference.co...es/SchoMa0.htm It is unlikely the Chargers would have won Super Bowl rings under him.

Super Bowl Wins: 0
    Overall Championships: 0
    Conference Championships: 0
    Division Championships: 8
    Chargers have had good players but not much depth. They start off seasons good but as injuries accumulate, they don't play as well. The fan base can be thin compared to some teams too (lots of other distractions here I guess). They don't sell out all their games and when the Raiders come to town, most are wearing silver and black. Embarassing when the home team fans are outnumbered by visiting ones. But they want a new stadium which would likely have more expensive tickets to help pay for it. I was checking on tickets for the Denver game in December here- $150 for nosebleed tickets in the upper corner. No wonder not as many fans go. They can't afford to.

In fairness, the baseball team doesn't draw well either even with their relatively new stadium and cheaper tickets- but I guess that is from having a lousy team.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 10-28-2014 at 06:32 PM.

Without the refs he'd have zero rings.
    You can argue that about every Superbowl. That doesn't excuse the bad play of the two losing teams.

Are the Redskins going to ride Colt McCoy all the way to the Superbowl?

Stay tuned...
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    Are the Redskins going to ride Colt McCoy all the way to the Superbowl?

Stay tuned...
    I'd certainly start him the rest of the year. Either he develops into their starter or draft RGIII's replacement.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    The dig on Schottenheimer was that he could never win important games. His career playoff record is only 5- 13 over 21 years as a coach. His last playoff win was in 1993 with Kansas City- none in his final 13 years (five playoff games in that time). Regular season he was only below .500 once (four seasons he was at .500- lifetime he was at .613). http://www.pro-football-reference.co...es/SchoMa0.htm It is unlikely the Chargers would have won Super Bowl rings under him.

Chargers have had good players but not much depth. They start off seasons good but as injuries accumulate, they don't play as well. The fan base can be thin compared to some teams too (lots of other distractions here I guess). They don't sell out all their games and when the Raiders come to town, most are wearing silver and black. Embarassing when the home team fans are outnumbered by visiting ones. But they want a new stadium which would likely have more expensive tickets to help pay for it. I was checking on tickets for the Denver game in December here- $150 for nosebleed tickets in the upper corner. No wonder not as many fans go. They can't afford to.

In fairness, the baseball team doesn't draw well either even with their relatively new stadium and cheaper tickets- but I guess that is from having a lousy team.
    Not to mention those bastards black-out the games for locals if the stadium doesn't sell out. And they want a new stadium like it's the answer to their problems.

Cowboys fan destroys house after team's loss to Redskins

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/2717035...ss-to-redskins
    more beer is my only advice, and a loaded glock on the table.

Well I guess at least the Cowboys fan wasn't filmed gang stomping a Redskins fan in the bathroom.

Cowboys fan destroys house after team's loss to Redskins

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/2717035...ss-to-redskins
    that's a special kind of crazy

IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo suffered two fractured transverse process in his back in the loss to the Washington Redskins, but there remains a chance he could play Sunday against the Arizona Cardinals, according to multiple sources.

The Cowboys and Romo have stressed this is not related to the disk surgery he had last December and is not a threat to end his season. Baylor quarterback Bryce Petty suffered a similar injury this season and missed just one game.

ESPN's Ed Werder reported Romo would either start or be inactive against the Cardinals. He did not practice all week and is officially listed as questionable.

The transverse process is a small bone that sticks out from either side of the vertebrae. Romo has been receiving multiple hours of treatment all week at the Cowboys' facility and at home.

Romo suffered the injury when he took a knee from Redskins linebacker Keenan Robinson on a third-quarter sack last Monday night. After taking X-rays, which were negative, and receiving a pain-killing injection, Romo returned for the Cowboys' final two drives of the game. He had a CT scan Tuesday.

Brandon Weeden would start against the Cardinals if Romo cannot play. Weeden took all of the first-team snaps during the week with Romo unable to practice.

The Cowboys travel to London on Monday for their Nov. 9 game against the Jacksonville Jaguars. With a long flight and an achy back from two back surgeries in less than a year, Romo's practice schedule likely will be monitored leading up to that game whether Romo plays Sunday or not.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...e-process-back

Something tells me he's going to have a lot of problems later in life.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...e-process-back

Something tells me he's going to have a lot of problems later in life.
    He's from Wisconsin. Par for the course.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Well the word on the street back when shotty was with the chiefs wasn't that he couldn't win a ring; but that ownership didn't want him to win a ring.

any Denver fans left in here?

Seahawks were quite underwhelming today....but....its still a 'W'....

49er's....i got nothin'....just cleanin' my rear view mirror...

loveshiscountry

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Well the word on the street back when shotty was with the chiefs wasn't that he couldn't win a ring; but that ownership didn't want him to win a ring.
    Why in the world would the owner not want a Super Bowl ring?

loveshiscountry

It was said he coached too conservative at times in the playoffs. Trying not to loose it, instead of trying to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by loveshiscountry View Post
    Why in the world would the owner not want a Super Bowl ring?
    How I heard it explained was that winning a superbowl ends up costing the team's owner a lot of money. plus with the salary cap nowadays, it makes it tougher to keep good players.

loveshiscountry

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    How I heard it explained was that winning a superbowl ends up costing the team's owner a lot of money. plus with the salary cap nowadays, it makes it tougher to keep good players.
    Strange they would say that. Having a title adds some to the bottom line with increased sales from tickets, jerseys, and the playoffs,
    Plus the team would only loose players to free agency who were in the last year of their contract.

Quote Originally Posted by loveshiscountry View Post
    Strange they would say that. Having a title adds some to the bottom line with increased sales from tickets, jerseys, and the playoffs,
    Plus the team would only loose players to free agency who were in the last year of their contract.
    IIRC, all the team owners split those types of profits evenly. The theory was it was more profitable to make it into the playoffs, but not all the way to the bowl. Dunno. I used to listen to sports radio when delivering papers in k.c. I heard it come up a few times.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Ben Roethlisberger. Heading to Canton for sure now. First ballot.

Only QB with 2 500 yard games.
    3 Super Bowl appearances; 2 rings.
    4th fastest to 100 wins behind only Montana, Brady, and Bradshaw.
    19th on overall passing yards list and still climbing.

It may be a $#@!ty year, but at least there's this.
    Wow. Add to that 12 touchdowns in 2 back-to-back games. Another NFL first.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    any Denver fans left in here?
    go $#@! yourself.

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast