Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is your deodorant drugging you through the armpits daily with this neurotoxin?

Is your deodorant drugging you through the armpits daily with this neurotoxin?

Is your deodorant drugging you through the armpits daily with this neurotoxin?

by: Lance Johnson

As the temperature rises in the body, thousands of sweat glands begin to bead up, preparing to cool the body down. The average person possesses about 2.6 millions sweat glands — a built in thermostat. This system is made up of eccrine glands and apocrine glands.

Eccrine glands are the most numerous, harbored in places like the forehead, hands, and feet. These glands are activated at birth and do not secrete proteins or fatty acids.

Apocrine glands, on the other hand, do secrete proteins and fatty acids and are found in the genital area and armpits. These become active during puberty and usually end in hair follicles.

The sweat coming from both types of glands does not have an odor. Body odor comes from bacteria living on the skin. The bacteria metabolize the proteins and fatty acids secreted from the eccrine glands, ultimately producing an odor. That odor can be influenced by the type of bacteria living on the skin and the kind of food a person eats.

This often unpleasant odor is the reason why deodorants and antiperspirants have become a popular body care product today. Many people have their favorite brand but are unaware that many antiperspirants are actually drugs that change the physiology of the body. These antiperspirants contain an active ingredient that is scientifically validated to accelerate brain aging and cause Alzheimer’s disease. This drug is often rubbed into the sweat glands and taken up into the body.

Continued...
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I use this stuff vvv, it's great. One of those $4 crystals lasts for years as long as you don't drop it.

Supposedly 'Safe' Crystal Alum Antiperspirants

“Crystal” deodorant stones are a popular natural deodorant alternative, often used by health-conscious shoppers looking to avoid the aluminum and other chemicals common in most antiperspirants and deodorants.

However, if you’re looking to avoid aluminum, crystal deodorants may not be your best choice.

While many claim to be aluminum-free, they are referring to aluminum chlorohydrate, aluminum chloride, aluminum hydroxybromide, or aluminum zirconium.

These types of aluminum are widely used in antiperspirants and deodorants. The aluminum is taken into sweat ducts in the top layer of your skin where they act as a plug, stopping the flow of sweat to your skin’s surface.

There is evidence, however, that this aluminum is absorbed into your body where it may cause serious damage.

The aluminum in crystal deodorant stones is a different type of compound known as an alum, the most common form being potassium alum, also known as potassium aluminum sulfate.

Potassium alum or ammonium alum are natural mineral salts made up of molecules that are too large to be absorbed by your skin. They form a protective layer on your skin that inhibits the growth of odor-causing bacteria. These deodorants are recommended by many cancer treatment centers.

But while this may be a better alternative to most antiperspirants and deodorants on the market, it is not completely aluminum-free.

I’ll share with you my top tips for staying odor-free naturally shortly, but first I want to explain why I stopped using any antiperspirants or deodorants over 25 years ago… and suggest you also do the same.
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...eodorants.aspx

I use...

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I use coconut oil.

My wife likes my man-stink...
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

I am nearly stink free. Only rarely need to use any deodorant/antiperspirants.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I am nearly stink free. Only rarely need to use any deodorant/antiperspirants.
    /somewhat jealous Are you one of those guys who shaves/waxes everything, by chance?

I use Crystalux.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    /somewhat jealous Are you one of those guys who shaves/waxes everything, by chance?
    Hell no, I'm a hairy SOB. I just don't stink and its not from lack of sweating.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fascinating. I've only personally known one other guy with your talent. He was Bulgarian.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Also the worse you stink is sometimes a sign you are not eating the right food for your body.

My husband and I use a 50/50 combination of baking soda and corn starch.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    My husband and I use a 50/50 combination of baking soda and corn starch.

I hope the baking soda is aluminum-free?

I have a feeling that breathing nitrocellulose lacquer is more harmful to my health than my deodorant..

If that's not enough the heavy metals in japan drier atomized through spray equipment then inhaled and splashed directly on skin might be toxic too...

Or smoking, drinking, driving fast and even speaking out against big-gov....

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Here's a good headline:

Does the Count offer any solutions?

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I hope the baking soda is aluminum-free?
    Only baking powder contains aluminum. Its an acidifying agent in shwag baking powder. Rumford is an aluminum free variety. Baking Soda like arm and hammer etc. does not have aluminum.

I'm with you though... soap, water, and clean diet.
    Last edited by presence; 09-03-2014 at 04:42 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Only baking powder contains aluminum. Its an acidifying agent in shwag baking powder. Rumford is an aluminum free variety. Baking Soda like arm and hammer etc. does not have aluminum.

I'm with you though... soap, water, and clean diet.
    My mistake I keep getting the baking soda and powder mixed up.
    Last edited by donnay; 09-03-2014 at 09:33 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post

I use Crystalux.
    Good advice is to not...not...wax boobie nips. Whoah.

What about Burt's Bees Out Door Herbal deodorant?
    “…I believe that at this point in history, the greatest danger to our freedom and way of life comes from the reasonable fear of omniscient State powers kept in check by nothing more than policy documents.”

That's why I use Degree Silver Ion. No aluminum. Still open to better choices though.

Like maybe this stuff lmao: https://www.mancaveinc.com/deodorant

or this: http://silver-botanicals.com/silver-...deodorant.html

two extremes lol

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    That's why I use Degree Silver Ion. No aluminum. Still open to better choices though.

Like maybe this stuff lmao: https://www.mancaveinc.com/deodorant
    Thirteen dollars for a stick of deodorant!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Thirteen dollars for a stick of deodorant!!!
    I know crazy. I pay $9-10 sometimes for the silver ion stuff. (sometimes $6-7 if it's REALLY on sale) but I'm willing to pay more because it's silver and not aluminum. I'm sure there is something else in there that is not the best thing, to get the all natural silver stuff apparently you have to pay like $13 a stick lmao.

I haven't used it for a long time. I'm lucky my armpits don't get too sweaty and I shower daily. I'm glad I don't have hairy armpits to deal with...that has to trap the funk.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Also the worse you stink is sometimes a sign you are not eating the right food for your body.
    I've heard of this, but I'm not convinced. It's just a popular rumor, AFAIK.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sage oil and lavender

Sage oil is revitalising as well as having antioxidant, antimicrobial and antifungal properties.
    Holland and Barrett's Lavera deodorant spray contains sage oil, combined with organic witch hazel and rose essence.
    Weleda's Sage Deodorant spray mixes sage with rosemary, pine and eucalyptus and ylang-ylang to energise and keep you feeling fresh.
    Rebecca Wilson says, 'Lavender smells glorious and has antibacterial properties.'
    Neal's Yard has a Lavender and Aloe Vera Spray and Holland and Barrett's Dr Organic range offers roll-on deodorant made with organic lavender oil, soothing Aloe vera and Icelandic moss.

Citronella oil

Citronella oil has antibacterial, antifungal, antiseptic and antidepressant properties and also repels mosquitoes. Neal's Yard and Weleda sell antibacterial citrus deodorants.
    'The fragrance of Neal's Yard unisex Lemon and Coriander deodorant spray is derived from essential oils found in plants and not chemicals – but exercise caution as some people can be allergic to lemons and citronella,' warns Rebecca Wilson.

Mineral salts and crystals

Crystal deodorants, used in Ancient Rome, are made with potassium alum or ammonium alum minerals.
    When applied, your sweat dissolves some of the mineral salts that form a salt layer on your under-arm skin to act as a barrier to bacteria.
    Holland and Barrett produce an unscented unisex Salt of the Earth – mineral salt natural deodorant, free from fragrance and propellants and is relatively cheap because it can last for months.
    It also doesn't leave unsightly marks on your clothes, but the downside of mineral salt or crystal, based deodorants is that they can irritate dry or broken skin.

Hop extract and Manuka honey

'Hop flowers have antimicrobial properties that make them useful for making natural deodorants,' says Rebecca Wilson.
    Hop extract combines well with Manuka honey for sensitive or damaged skin and Holland and Barrett's Dr Organic – Manuka Honey deodorant spray is good for dry, sensitive skin, combining soothing organic honey with hops, orange, green tea, hops, lime blossom, hamamelis, lemon balm and Aloe vera.

Read more: http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/healthy-l...#ixzz3CIv0shwY
    Follow us: @NetDoctor on Twitter | NetDoctorUK on Facebook

Why would I deny any woman my man scent? Metro sexuals rub themselves on my arm pits. For a fee.

This week I'm going to try donnay and Carlybee's suggestions. I will shower, wash with soap (I'm guilty of jumping in the pool and calling it a bath) and shave my pits everyday to see if I get stanky. I would love to get rid of the crystal, that thing makes a mess when I drop it.

I use coconut oil.
    I tried that but it stained my clothes, maybe I used too much.

I think there's something to this. I stink really bad after drinking liquor, even after a shower.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I have a feeling that breathing nitrocellulose lacquer is more harmful to my health than my deodorant..

If that's not enough the heavy metals in japan drier atomized through spray equipment then inhaled and splashed directly on skin might be toxic too...

Or smoking, drinking, driving fast and even speaking out against big-gov....
    Toxic deodorant isn't a concern for tod evans.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Good advice is to not...not...wax boobie nips. Whoah.
    Excellent advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    I haven't used it for a long time. I'm lucky my armpits don't get too sweaty and I shower daily. I'm glad I don't have hairy armpits to deal with...that has to trap the funk.
    I sweat like a pig and stank to high heaven when I go running but I don't shave my pits every day (sometimes they get hairy) - I'm going to test this theory.

I use rubbing alcohol. Can't remember the last time I had BO.

Right you are to me there is nothing in the drug store that will cover the smell of an unhealthy body.

I found this recipe for a DIY deodorant. I am going to give it a try for my family--the problem is they had a question mark in the baking soda and witch hazel extract amounts so I took a stab and made a calculated guess. Also with Christmas coming, this would make great gift in a gift basket.

All Natural Deodorant Recipe DIY

5 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
    5 tablespoons pure cocoa butter (no additives)
    3 tablespoons of aloe vera juice
    ? cup baking soda [I would say a 1/4 cup ~donnay]
    ? cup witch hazel extract [I would say 1/8 cup ~donnay]
    4 drops essential peppermint oil or tea tree oil
    5 drops of lavender essential oil

Heat the coconut oil and the cocoa butter until they are liquid. Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or a food processor until well blended. Place into a container (preferably glass) and refrigerate overnight.

There are a lot of ways you can adjust this recipe. If you want a powder deodorant, you can decrease the amount of liquid ingredients and increase the baking soda. Some people use cornstarch, but cornstarch feeds yeast. I avoid it.

You can make a roll-on liquid, or even a spray deodorant, by using less coconut oil and less cocoa butter, leaving out the baking soda, and adding more aloe vera juice (up to ? a cup) and more witch hazel extract (as needed to reach the right consistency).

If you want to make a great stick deodorant, add more cocoa butter (the real, pure, super thick cocoa butter, not the creamy stuff with the additives) to the original recipe. You can press it into an old deodorant container.

Feel free to experiment with essential oils for fragrance. For a masculine woodsy scent, try oil of oregano, which also adds to the odor protection due to its anti-bacterial properties. Citrus oils, peppermint, or floral fragrances could be added.

Speaking of essential oils, if you ever find yourself smelling foul and don't have deodorant lying around, essential oils are wonderful for killing the bacteria and fungi on our skin that causes odor. I tend to keep peppermint oil on hand at all times; it's good for so much!

Remember that you can eliminate most of your body odor by eating a truly healthy diet. One other significant factor is your choice of soap. Get rid of conventional soap and change to organic. Once the bacteria on your skin are back in balance, you will notice your body odor will be considerably reduced. Don't get me wrong, you'll still smell like a human, but I am often asked what fragrance I am wearing, when I am wearing nothing at all.
    http://www.naturalnews.com/046727_de...#ixzz3CMXJ1j46

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast