Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is your deodorant drugging you through the armpits daily with this neurotoxin?

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    I use rubbing alcohol. Can't remember the last time I had BO.
    Vinegar probably works too if you don't mind smelling like a salad.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Yeah, the smell would be a deal killer. There's no residual smell with pure rubbing alcohol.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, the smell would be a deal killer. There's no residual smell with pure rubbing alcohol.

It's basically killing the bacteria..bacteria causes the odor.

I use white vinegar as a fabric softener and to get odors out of clothes.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

How Does Alcohol Disrupt Endocrine Function?

For years, alcohol (ethanol) has been known to negatively impact hormone function. [2] Alcohol has the power to hinder glands associated with the secretion and regulation of hormones, like the pituitary gland, possibly leading to complications with the body’s ability to maintain hormonal equilibrium. The pituitary gland, for example, synthesizes and secretes essential healing and repair hormones, such as human growth hormone (HGH). This gland has been shown to experience noticeable impairment from alcohol exposure. [3]

Insulin, an important hormone that regulates blood sugar, can be severely impacted from prolonged alcohol consumption. Following a bout of heavy drinking, blood sugar often spikes, dramatically. Insulin comes to the rescue by transporting this sugar (blood glucose) into the cells to be used as energy. When blood sugar spikes in a robust, dramatic motion, insulin will quickly bring it down in a similar fashion, typically resulting in low blood sugar. This can be particularly dangerous for type II diabetics, many of whom are already at odds with maintaining normal blood sugar levels.

Alcohol also has the potential of impeding the body’s ability to regulate and absorb calcium, creating a strong risk factor for the development of osteoporosis. Long-term health problems such as liver damage, sexual dysfunction, and ulcers typically result from chronic or acute consumption. [4] And, to the surprise of many, even topical application of ethanol has been scrutinized as a possible means for consumption.

Don’t Drink? Doesn’t Matter

Many people don’t know that when applied topically, alcohol can enter your bloodstream. When is alcohol applied topically? The use of hand sanitizer is rampant and it’s one of the most readily-available products that contain alcohol. Everyone has a bottle of rubbing alcohol in the medicine cabinet. Other common items include body lotions, cosmetic oils (even baby oils), aftershave, air fresheners, eye makeup, shampoos, insect repellants, hair dyes, dishwasher and laundry detergents, paint, perfumes, deodorants, and cooking oils.

Research has shown that using hand sanitizer increases blood concentration of ethanol at low (yet measurable) levels. [5] One study that focused on hospital employees found that over 30% exhaled low levels of ethanol just one minute after using hand sanitizer. [6] In one case, a one-month old baby suffering from lethargy was found to be intoxicated from an alcohol-soaked gauze used to treat the umbilical cord. [7]
    http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/n...ine-disruptor/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I use white vinegar as a fabric softener and to get odors out of clothes.
    Me too, white vinegar is the best fabric softener and your clothes do not smell like vinegar. Just a reminder, do not use with bleach!!!

I also mop my tile floors with it, it makes them really shiny.

It's basically killing the bacteria..bacteria causes the odor.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Me too, white vinegar is the best fabric softener and your clothes do not smell like vinegar. Just a reminder, do not use with bleach!!!

I also mop my tile floors with it, it makes them really shiny.

I do not use bleach (it's bad for your lungs), does it cause toxic vapors like when mixing bleach and ammonia?

ETA a great article:
    http://www.rodalenews.com/natural-disinfectant

I do not use bleach (it's bad for your lungs), does it cause toxic vapors like when mixing bleach and ammonia?

ETA a great article:
    http://www.rodalenews.com/natural-disinfectant
    Yep.

I would love to get rid of bleach but it's the only thing I've found that gets my whites white. How do you keep them white?
    I use vinegar and/or baking soda for cleaning - it's easy, cheap, it works and it doesn't leave me dizzy.

That was a great article, btw.

Yep.

I would love to get rid of bleach but it's the only thing I've found that gets my whites white. How do you keep them white?
    I use vinegar and/or baking soda for cleaning - it's easy, cheap, it works and it doesn't leave me dizzy.

That was a great article, btw.
    Peroxide whiten whites. I mix 1 cup of peroxide per white load.

Another great article:
    http://www.organicauthority.com/sanc...naturally.html

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This week I'm going to try donnay and Carlybee's suggestions. I will shower, wash with soap (I'm guilty of jumping in the pool and calling it a bath) and shave my pits everyday to see if I get stanky. I would love to get rid of the crystal, that thing makes a mess when I drop it.

I sweat like a pig and stank to high heaven when I go running but I don't shave my pits every day (sometimes they get hairy) - I'm going to test this theory.
    Day 1: I didn't stink when I woke up - I didn't shower before my run - did a quick sniff check on the monkey bars, not heinous but not exactly fresh either. Took shower, shaved pits, and went to run errands. Pit check at 5:34pm: I smell nothing, still fresh.

Day 1: I didn't stink when I woke up - I didn't shower before my run - did a quick sniff check on the monkey bars, not heinous but not exactly fresh either. Took shower, shaved pits, and went to run errands. Pit check at 5:34pm: I smell nothing, still fresh.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	73e4e977c570f563c4de2e85daab6363.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	3043

That's just because you are a purty little Geo'gia peach, and purty little Geo'gia peaches don't stink.

Day 2:
    Not stinky when I woke up. I didn't take a shower and I worked in the yard off and on all day. I was a little "ripe" when I finally showered around 5:45pm. Washed & shaved pits in the shower then went out to eat with my mom & brothers (mom's birthday). I told my brothers about my experiment, they all took a cursory sniff and reluctantly admitted I wasn't a smelly girl.

I really like not having to deal with that salt crystal.

Day 2:
    Not stinky when I woke up. I didn't take a shower and I worked in the yard off and on all day. I was a little "ripe" when I finally showered around 5:45pm. Washed & shaved pits in the shower then went out to eat with my mom & brothers (mom's birthday). I told my brothers about my experiment, they all took a cursory sniff and reluctantly admitted I wasn't a smelly girl.

You're still allowed to call yourself a girl at your age?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Day 2:

That's great! I also think all the perfumed deodorants and antiperspirants make people get more BO.

That's great! I also think all the perfumed deodorants and antiperspirants make people get more BO.
    +1 I noticed that when I switched to Crystalux some years ago, my shirts lasted longer because there was no chemical residue coming from my pits and staining the fabric. Extra bonus.

ETA: IDK if this is common, but when I tried the Old Spice gel-type deodorant as a teenager, it burned my skin when I sweated! Didn't have that problem with the powder-y bar, but still didn't like the aluminum and chemical cocktail in those things. :P
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 09-06-2014 at 09:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    You're still allowed to call yourself a girl at your age?

Pfft, age is only a state of mind. Yes, I am a girl.

I hate that salt crystal, it's a pain in the butt. You have to get it wet and not drop the damn thing - of course they put it in a slippery container.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    That's just because you are a purty little Geo'gia peach, and purty little Geo'gia peaches don't stink.
    Day 3:
    I woke up smelling like a rotten peach (ya hear that Gunny). I think it had something to do with what I was eating and drinking last night. We took my Mom to Bonefish for her birthday and I had calamari, stuffed fish, lots of bread and waaayyy too many Margaritas - I really think the food or booze had something to do with my morning funk. I took a shower this morning and smell fine even though I worked up a little sweat doing a few yard chores.

Day 4:
    I took a shower before I went to bed last night and had no b.o. when I woke up. I went for a quick run and then took a shower, I wasn't stinky, just sweaty. It's 9:10pm and no b.o.. This is working out for me pretty good.

Heh, arm pit humor.

Day 4:
    I took a shower before I went to bed last night and had no b.o. when I woke up. I went for a quick run and then took a shower, I wasn't stinky, just sweaty. It's 9:10pm and no b.o.. This is working out for me pretty good.

Heh, arm pit humor.

LOL! That's funny.

Day 5:

I don't think it was the booze that gave me b.o. the other day because SOMEONE talked me into day drinking yesterday and I didn't have any b.o. today. Went for a run, did a pit check on the monkey bars they were a little stale but not rancid. Took a shower and no smelly pits at 10:46 pm.

She bedazzled her hairy armpit, wtf?

Would using a bar of soap (particularly Cal Ben Pure Soap) be healthier than most deodorants?

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    /somewhat jealous Are you one of those guys who shaves/waxes everything, by chance?

I use Crystalux.
    I always took you for an AXE man.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

loveshiscountry

Just got a couple of 2.1 oz Crystalux sticks. I'll see how it goes.

loveshiscountry

I've used the stuff the last 4 years and it is fantastic. Took about a month for the arm pit smell to go away for me.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Magnesium Oil will also work great.

https://draxe.com/magnesium-oil/

I have to admit, I went back to deodorant. I don't use it everyday but, I'm not gonna lie, my pits get rank sometimes.

I don't wear it much at all in the summer but I think it's because I spend a lot of time in the pool and I think I'm pretty sterile but in the winter, I can get funky under all those layers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Haven't used deodorant / antiperspirant in over 15 years. I use magnesium oil with Rosemary and Spearmint essential oils.

Haven't used deodorant / antiperspirant in over 15 years. I use magnesium oil with Rosemary and Spearmint essential oils.
    I bet you smell like one of those fancy cocktails with all the herbs in it. Nice.

I smell like "Passion de Tango". I normally buy "Fresh Scent" but last time I was at the Walmart I saw "Passion de Tango" and couldn't resist. I love anything with a dumb sounding name that makes no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast