Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ron And Rand Paul Do Not Agree About ISIS

$17 trillion in debt and a whole planet of blowback? Let's make MORE!

SMMFH

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Ron > Rand.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatinsforPaul View Post
    Agree...

Ron > Rand > Everybody else who has a chance of being President in 2016.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I find both equally good here. You all are missing the point. Rand would not have staged the intervention that caused IS to target the US. All he is saying here is that he would respond to a threat that HE DID NOT CAUSE, in a constitutional way.
    Doing it all constitutinally is what Ron was all about . . . but now two months before elections President BO is playing politics with people's lives.

ISIL is serious $#@! . . . the worse thing the Dims can do is sit on their hands here with no vote -
    the country is really being weakened and vulnerable to ISIL more because of Harry Reid, in a manner of speaking

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/2...-for-isis-vote

"A vote to authorize Obama to strike at Islamic militants in Iraq and Syria beyond the 60-day window set out by the War Powers Resolution
    would be a de facto referendum on the president, according to another aide."

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/2...-for-isis-vote

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    . . .the beheading vids are faked western intelligence, right?
    wrong, - you are the reason Ron Paul couldn't be elected the last two election cycles - ignoring reality.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    It's amazing how ISIS with the help of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and the United States can't even take Syria, they can't take Baghdad or southern Iraq but they have some of you here thousands of miles away $#@!ting in your pants. The power the media has over the weak minded is astonishing.
    Agreed....but don't forget ISIS has been spotted at the US-Mexico border

http://www.westernjournalism.com/u-s...exican-border/

Ron is a terrible military strategist. I find him less appealing when he tries to adhere to strict philosophy. This is why political philosophy is such trash

Sure feels like i'm iback in the 60's listening to idiots trying to convince me of the merits of being in Vietnam...

nothing changes...

the beat goes on...

fear mongering and paranoid hysteria can be found in RPF...

ISIS, ISIL, the Taliban, Al Queda, the Muslim Brotherhood...did i leave anyone out?...oh yeah...CI $#@!in' A...hah...the NEW boogey man under your bed....$#@!in' pathetic.

Lets go to war because the TV said so...
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 09-03-2014 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    Ron is a terrible military strategist. I find him less appealing when he tries to adhere to strict philosophy. This is why political philosophy is such trash
    Actually you are wrong, Ron is a great military strategist. He understands our military strategy better than almost anybody else, and it is outlined in A Foreign Policy of Freedom. Our military strategy has been to arm and fund both sides of various conflicts in order to create a problem. Then we go in and invade so we can install western friendly dictators and keep the economic interests of the global banks and corporations in tact. All at taxpayer expense.

Ron's strategy of keeping us out of all of that is the most moral and non-violent military strategy.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Ron > Rand.
    Ron > Rand 8==0~~~~~ Everyone Else
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

ISIS does not pose an existential threat to the United States, the threat is really quite trivial. Yes, they've killed a couple Americans. So have street thugs in Mexico City, but we don't need to do airstrikes in Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by extortion17 View Post
    Doing it all constitutinally is what Ron was all about . . . but now two months before elections President BO is playing politics with people's lives.

ISIL is serious $#@! . . . the worse thing the Dims can do is sit on their hands here with no vote -
    the country is really being weakened and vulnerable to ISIL more because of Harry Reid, in a manner of speaking
    Why are you so scared of ISIS? Why are you more scared of ISIS than the Israelis who live right there in the area? Here you are thousands of miles away $#@!ting bricks because the tv told you to $#@! bricks? I will be scared of ISIS when they prove they are capable of killing more American citizens than the cops. Cops have killed more American citizens in the last month than ISIS has this whole year yet you are over here preparing for the end of civilization. Get a grip people geez.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here is my problem with escalating military action, even if all we are talking is more air strikes in Syria in some sort of quasi undeclared but authorized war. It won't work.

Think about it this way, if what they in the media are saying is correct that this Islamic State (IS) is a greater threat than Al Qaeda (AQ) would we not approach it at least at minimum with the same level of response as we did AQ in Afghanistan by sending our troops in? The threat comparison would almost require that we send in troops and use every means in the arsenal to appropriately neutralize the threat no? Especially if it's true that IS is of greater immediate threat to national security.

Also if air strikes alone wasn't enough to take care of AQ why do you think it would work this time with IS? What the "experts" are discussing right now in the media is that we just use air strikes and then fund the "moderate" (as if their are any moderate) forces in and around Syria/Iraq/Libya, basically we would support them and attack from the air. Why do we think that those "moderate" forces will be successful against IS when an Iraq army that we had built up, armed, and trained for years couldn't stop them?

My long view on this is if we decide to escalate things we will find many months from now that the strategy isn't working, that we can maybe contain but not neutralize IS and that without troops on the ground IS will not be any closer to being destroyed. What does this mean? It means we'll be again invested in a war where the media and the "experts" will say we have no other choice, but to send our troops in to deal with the issue at hand devolving into another decade at the cost of more blood and treasure and with the added bonus of having killed hundreds of thousands more innocents in the process and generating more hatred for the U.S. and possibly as we are finding out now, not having resolved a thing.

Sounds like a great idea, what could go wrong?
    Last edited by orenbus; 09-03-2014 at 02:40 PM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

What? The program didn't work so throw more money at it? That's what some are sounding like with this "We're already in the position, so we have to do something"
    SMH!
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Actually you are wrong, Ron is a great military strategist. He understands our military strategy better than almost anybody else, and it is outlined in A Foreign Policy of Freedom. Our military strategy has been to arm and fund both sides of various conflicts in order to create a problem. Then we go in and invade so we can install western friendly dictators and keep the economic interests of the global banks and corporations in tact. All at taxpayer expense.

Ron's strategy of keeping us out of all of that is the most moral and non-violent military strategy.
    Everything you just said has nothing to do with what I said. You just posted a bunch of non-interventionist $#@!. That has nothing to do with a military strategy. I'm specifically talking about engaging in war. Not some philosophical difference before war.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Gates of Hell, Gates of Babylon, no difference.

"Sleep with the devil and then you must pay
    Sleep with the devil, the devil will take you away"

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I'm not sure what I find more unbelievable: that Americans are about to swallow this lame schtick AGAIN, or that so many here at RON PAUL Forums are lining up with the retarded chimpanzee (picture above) AGAINST Ron Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    Sure feels like i'm iback in the 60's listening to idiots trying to convince me of the merits of being in Vietnam...

nothing changes...

the beat goes on...

fear mongering and paranoid hysteria can be found in RPF...

ISIS, ISIL, the Taliban, Al Queda, the Muslim Brotherhood...did i leave anyone out?...oh yeah...CI $#@!in' A...hah...the NEW boogey man under your bed....$#@!in' pathetic.

Lets go to war because the TV said so...
    Anything else is so........unpatriotic.

Sen. Rand Paul, Dad Ron Paul Disagree on How to Handle ISIS

"If the president has no strategy, maybe it’s time for a new president," said Rand Paul, who later expanded on his comments in an email to the Associated Press.

"If I were president, I would call a joint session of Congress. I would lay out the reasoning of why ISIS is a threat to our national security and seek congressional authorization to destroy ISIS militarily," wrote the senator, even though he has similar libertarian views to his dad.

On Sunday, in his column for the Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity, his father wrote that the United States should stay out of Syria at all costs.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.Newsmax.com/Newsfront/Ran...#ixzz3CJwAuGUS

This of course \/

On Sunday, in his column for the Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity, his father wrote that the United States should stay out of Syria at all costs.
    Unless you are Jewish or are a cop-sucker or both.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron > Rand.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    This^^
    Qft
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    Everything you just said has nothing to do with what I said. You just posted a bunch of non-interventionist $#@!. That has nothing to do with a military strategy. I'm specifically talking about engaging in war. Not some philosophical difference before war.
    No, Ron Paul understands that supporting ANY military strategy is pretty much useless because those who carry out the war decide what strategy to carry out and it is never going to benefit the tax payers or our national interests.

You can discuss military strategy all day long and talk about who is wrong or who is right, but if you vote for it or vote for politicians who support any sort of offensive military strategy what you are going to get is not going to be in the best interest of our national defense, it will be the military strategy that is in the best interest of the corporations and banks.

That is reality. Period.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Thankfully for our MIC they created ISIS. Maybe they can get another decade out of it. If not people like Rand would focus their aggression upon Russia.

Today's generations can't be called the greatest generation. They've been whooped by themselves paying for their own "enemy" and had their asses handed to them for more than a decade while that "enemy" resists. The civil war makes more sense than the last decade.

within a year it will be clear to all that Ron is right, and Rand is wrong.

OMG the Muslim boogeyman is so $#@!ing tiresome. God such $#@!ing cowards - wimper away and whine to Daddy Potomac because you're scared of some 3rd world $#@!wits thousands of miles away. They pose absolutely no threat whatsoever. Guess who does? Your local PD and that Daddy Potomac you always go running to.
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

If you don't think islamic terrorists are a problem you are mistaken. However, there is no reason to go to war from what I can tell.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    If this theoretical latest greatest new terror group doesn't threaten the US, leave them be.
    Lmao.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    John McCain w/ ISIS leader Al-Baghdadi on left.

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    John McCain w/ ISIS leader Al-Baghdadi on left.

I don't think that's Baghdadi, I thought that was IS Press Officer. Baghdadi looks stockier.

edit: looking at it again that does look like Baghdadi behind McCain and the IS Press Officer.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    If you don't think islamic terrorists are a problem you are mistaken. However, there is no reason to go to war from what I can tell.
    A problem? Sure.

But... a problem like crime is a problem, or a problem like China trying to invade the US with its entire army would be a problem?

I think its FAR closer to the former. Some people here are acting like it somewhere in between, if not closer to the latter.

Murderers are a problem but I don't live in fear of murderers.

Terrorists are a problem but I don't live in fear of terrorists.

Of course, I DO fear cops to some extent. Who wouldn't? They are criminals right on our doorstep. I fear them more than criminals halfway across the world.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Harris View Post
    I don't think that's Baghdadi, I thought that was IS Press Officer. Baghdadi looks stockier.

edit: looking at it again that does look like Baghdadi behind McCain and the IS Press Officer.
    Joe Rogan is working for the enemy now?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast