Thread: Texas cops ‘swarm’ school, police call for ‘prayer’ over miscarriage in bathroom

Texas cops ‘swarm’ school, police call for ‘prayer’ over miscarriage in bathroom

Video and comments at link: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/0...e-in-bathroom/

Parents in Texas are upset after police reportedly “swarmed” a Texas high school because a girl may have had a miscarriage in one of the bathrooms.

KDFW reported that a school custodian notified the principal at Woodrow Wilson High School after finding a “possible fetus” in one of the bathroom stalls on Friday.

The principal contacted police, who “swarmed” the school, according to KTVT.

“I seen a helicopter and I was really worried,” one student recalled.

Parent Christine Kerry was outraged that she had not been notified as to why so many police had been deployed to the school.

“I got out of my car and specifically asked, ‘What’s going on, and is it safe for these kids to be out here?’” she said. “And I was told to go away.”

The district promised that the parents would get an email explaining what had happened.

“What was found was what appears to be a fetus, or what has been confirmed to be a fetus,” Dallas Independent School District spokesperson Jon Dahlander told reporters. “We have been in the process of trying to notify parents to let them know about this.”

Dallas Police Department’s Child Abuse Unit detectives were investigating to find out who may have abandoned the fetus. The person involved was being considered a “suspect.”

“We’re reviewing video, talking to the teachers, trying to determine if anybody has any knowledge of any student that may have had something going on in their life, and pray,” Dallas Police Major John Lawton said.

Alan Elliott of Baby Moses Dallas explained to KDFW that the mother could have avoided any criminal charges if she had taken advantage of Baby Moses laws by carrying the child to term, and then dropping it off at a safe baby site like a fire station.

“And that’s a happy ending when that happens, because the baby is safe, the mother is protected from any sort of prosecution, so it’s a win-win for both of them,” Elliot noted.

However, it was not immediately clear how far along the pregnancy was, and the cause of the possible miscarriage was not known.
    Seems like a predictable consequence of Texas' new anti-abortion measures. The person involved is being considered a suspect already despite the fact that no one has any idea what really happened.
    Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever. Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Alan Elliott of Baby Moses Dallas explained to KDFW that the mother could have avoided any criminal charges if she had taken advantage of Baby Moses laws by carrying the child to term, and then dropping it off at a safe baby site like a fire station.
    Maybe the kid didn't know what a "baby Moses law" meant. I suppose it pays to read the bible in Texas.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Maybe the kid didn't know what a "baby Moses law" meant. I suppose it pays to read the bible in Texas.
    The point is, though, that miscarriages are different from abortions. No one knows what happened, which is why I think that person's statement is... premature, to say the least.
    Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Rothbardian Girl View Post
    The point is, though, that miscarriages are different from abortions.
    I'm sure they'll let her plea bargain the charges down to manslaughter instead of murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

“I got out of my car and specifically asked, ‘What’s going on, and is it safe for these kids to be out here?’” she said. “And I was told to go away.”
    "Go home and shelter in place, mundane!"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	militarized-police.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	3022
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Seems like a predictable consequence of Texas' new anti-abortion measures. The person involved is being considered a suspect already despite the fact that no one has any idea what really happened.
    Seems like a predictable consequence of Texas' police state measures.

We're ALL suspects.

I think that person's statement is... premature

Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Ya that's why I'm pro-choice, I don't like the idea of abortion police investigating miscarriages. Pregnancy is a private matter, if you think abortion is really bad then let God sort it out, this isn't a good issue to have the courts involved in.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So a teenager needing medical attention first needs to be hunted down and brought in by a swat team for her crimes??.. Yah.....Makes sense...

They should have handcuffed her and marched her around the school and branded a Scarlett letter on her chest so the whole school could watch the procession.

This is the kind of thing that the "oughtta be a law" sect of the socons like to huff and puff at. They will blame her and say she deserved it. Socons other than the lawmakers will probably care more about the girl.

However, it was not immediately clear how far along the pregnancy was, and the cause of the possible miscarriage was not known.
    Ummm, a miscarriage isn't a choice. I've had 3 and they were very painful, I can't imagine having one in a school bathroom and just going about my day. If the girl had a miscarriage it seems to me like it's no one's business outside of her family and certainly not a police matter.

“I seen a helicopter and I was really worried,” one student recalled.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    This is the kind of thing that the "oughtta be a law" sect of the socons like to huff and puff at. They will blame her and say she deserved it. Socons other than the lawmakers will probably care more about the girl.
    But, but, she did it to herself.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ya that's why I'm pro-choice, I don't like the idea of abortion police investigating miscarriages. Pregnancy is a private matter, if you think abortion is really bad then let God sort it out, this isn't a good issue to have the courts involved in.
    I don't like the idea of police period. But if someone does murder their child in the womb, why should that be legal? Should infanticide be legal because its a "private matter"?

Not saying she actually aborted her child, and if you can't prove it there should be no prosecution, but I do not understand your logic here.