Thread: Rand Paul has to have Doug Wead as a media person for 2016

Rand Paul has to have Doug Wead as a media person for 2016

just rewatched this interview again to make sure Doug Wead is as good as I remembered, and he is.

lets hope he can pull himself away from Forge of Empires. the latest from his blog @ http://dougwead.wordpress.com/

At last there is a strategy game for iPad. Forge of Empires. Nothing else I’ve tried really compares. And like everything else on iPad it has forced me into a wider community and to my surprise I like it.
    Now don’t just rush to your iPad and download the app. Go to your desktop and put in the url below. Just cut and paste. Or go to this link. It will sign you up as my friend and I will be able to give you some supplies or even coach you if you need or want it. For this is a game where allies can be of help.

http://us.forgeofempires.com/?invito...er_invite_link

There is war, there is economy, there is city building and long range planning. And it can all be carried around with your iPad.

Nice.
    Last edited by wetroof; 09-02-2014 at 03:50 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In my book, Doug Wead still holds the record for the most impressive rebuttal to the "if you've done nothing wrong, you have nothing to hide" argument:

(skip to 18 minutes, 30 seconds)

Last edited by economics102; 09-02-2014 at 06:35 PM.

Both Doug Wead and Tom Woods would be excellent additions to the team.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    Both Doug Wead and Tom Woods would be excellent additions to the team.
    I guarantee Tom Woods will have nothing to do with him.

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Bloody libertarians :P
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Hell, Doug Wead should run for office.

He is probably one of the few ron Paul staffer or adviser I'd like to see in rand's campaign. He has a way of using pop culture and references to help him make a point and to possibly connect to people who love Bob Dylan or lord of the rings.

How old is he anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Why would you think that? Tom Woods is a very reasonable guy, he probably has no problem with Rand. I'd even venture to say the two are friends, Tom has interviewed Rand on the Peter Schiff Show when he filled in for him and Rand had one of his books listed on his official gov site.
    Last edited by T.hill; 09-02-2014 at 10:20 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He might not participate in Rand's official campaign team, but it's definitely not out of the realm of possibility that he would support him in other ways.

Quote Originally Posted by T.hill View Post
    Why would you think that? Tom Woods is a very reasonable guy, he probably has no problem with Rand.
    I think TaftFan meant Tom Woods would have nothing to do with Doug Wead, not Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by economics102 View Post
    Hell, Doug Wead should run for office.
    He ran for Congress once.

Doug Wead also lurked RPF, which is a plus.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by economics102 View Post
    I think TaftFan meant Tom Woods would have nothing to do with Doug Wead, not Rand.
    No, I meant Rand.

Woods was basically banned by the 2012 campaign and dislikes Paul Inc. as a result. Rand is probably not libertarian enough for him either. Woods frets about conservative guests on his radio show putting off his audience, for example.