Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll shows Americans favor military action against Islamic State by 4-1

Angry Poll shows Americans favor military action against Islamic State by 4-1

By Rick Moran (American Thinker.com)

A survey conducted by YouGov.com showed that by a 4-1 margin, Americans favor military strikes against Islamic State.

The poll's results are the opposite of a similar survey taken earlier this year regarding military action against President Bashar Assad's forces in Syria.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...#ixzz3CBI9ZJQF

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is that even a real poll?
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

The poll's results are the opposite of a similar survey taken earlier this year regarding military action against President Bashar Assad's forces in Syria.
    Because if we had intervened and taken out Assad, ISIS would've taken over Syria. It was only blind stupid luck that made Obama decide to not take out Assad and allow ISIS to take over Syria.

Send the four. Is this that 20% having 80% of the brains thing again?
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 09-02-2014 at 11:57 AM.

You can see just from some people's reactions on this forum how effective the war propaganda machine is. We have endless war on this planet because the people who profit from it hire the very best manipulators money can buy. And we fall for it again and again and again.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Send the four. Is this that 20% having 80% of the brains thing again?
    Sounds like it.

Those numbers also jibe w/ my sense of "free range farm animal"/"independent thinker" ratio.
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    You can see just from some people's reactions on this forum how effective the war propaganda machine is. We have endless war on this planet because the people who profit from it hire the very best manipulators money can buy. And we fall for it again and again and again.
    And it always helps to have a good outrage as a catalyst...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Who remembers the infamous 2004 Fallujah ambush, where the Blackwater victims were burned and hung from a bridge? It was probably the single biggest key to escalating the war in Iraq. The US was ready to leave Iraq, but then this outrageous event occurred, which provided all of the motivation necessary to stay and escalate.
    What are the odds of another 2004 Fallujah-style attack? One that will create outrage, and serve as a rallying cry for the neoconservative war-mongers?
    The beheading of James Foley by ISIS comes pretty close to meeting the criteria. And the neoconservatives are ecstatic...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Well, both neoliberals and neoconservatives are fear-mongering and attacking Obama for not being hawkish enough, so both sides are starting to unite around that narrative. The anti-Muslim sentiment is growing again along with the bloodlust.

Someone I interact with daily who is an avid Fox News watcher told me this a couple of hours ago while we were in the same room: "Obama is a Muslim, of course he doesn't want to attack them! We're weak now because Obama doesn't want to protect America." I could only roll my eyes.
    Last edited by Antischism; 09-02-2014 at 12:36 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Military action to do what, exactly? Bomb a few collateral targets and march a few soldiers around for a couple weeks and go home? I don't get the point. If these guys are a legitimate threat, go to Congress and get Marque, and throw a $10 Million bounty on the head of the guy who's trying to kill you. You will see him soon enough. I don't honestly get what "military action" is supposed to accomplish with a problem like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Antischism View Post
    Well, both neoliberals and neoconservatives are fear-mongering and attacking Obama for not being hawkish enough, so both sides are starting to unite around that narrative. The anti-Muslim sentiment is growing again along with the bloodlust.

Someone I interact with daily who is an avid Fox News watcher told me this a couple of hours ago while we were in the same room: "Obama is a Muslim, of course he doesn't want to attack them! We're weak now because Obama doesn't want to protect America." I could only roll my eyes.
    Its a perfect example of conservatives* thinking they are intelligent when they are really just dumb as rocks.

*Not denying that there are a handful of highly intelligent paleocons... I was definitely generalizing above.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Military action to do what, exactly? Bomb a few collateral targets and march a few soldiers around for a couple weeks and go home? I don't get the point. If these guys are a legitimate threat, go to Congress and get Marque, and throw a $10 Million bounty on the head of the guy who's trying to kill you. You will see him soon enough. I don't honestly get what "military action" is supposed to accomplish with a problem like this?
    Yeah, but then it would be obvious that we don't actually need the State to protect us, that private civilians can do it. That's the true nightmare scenario for the crooks in DC.

They want to fully deploy, have a surge, re-occupy Iraq, set up another puppet one-Iraq government, and spend another $4,000,000,000,000.00 and ten more years supporting and training them to "stand on their own".
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Another tragic act unfolds.

Jewish-American Journalist Steven Sotloff Beheaded By ISIS

2 hours ago at 2:00 PM
    ISIS has released another video showing a beheading of an American journalist, and this time the victim is Jewish reporter Steven Sotloff.
    Sotloff has been missing since August 2013, when he was believed kidnapped in Syria. Just last week, his mother Shirley Sotloff published a video appeal calling for her son’s release.
    Today, a video began circulating showing a masked terrorist standing over a kneeling victim dressed in orange. The individual is now believed to indeed be Sotloff.
    In the video, the ISIS terrorist threatened another captive, a British reporter named David Haines, before brutally beheading Sotloff.
    “This is something that the administration has obviously been watching very carefully,” said White House press secretary Josh Earnest. “Our thoughts and prayers first and foremost are with Mr. Sotloff and Mr. Sotloff’s family and those who worked with him.”
    Two weeks ago, ISIS similarly beheaded US journalist James Foley, also video taping the murder.
    In 2002, Jewish journalist Daniel Pearl was likewise murdered by extremists from al Qaeda.

http://www.jspacenews.com/jewish-ame...beheaded-isis/
    This was one of his last tweets:

Steven Sotloff
    @stevensotloff · 25 Apr 2013
    If #70000 dead isn't #redline enough, whats a few dozen by #chemicalweapons? Not advocating anything in #Syria but after 2yrs stop tiptoeing
    https://twitter.com/stevensotloff

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Another tragic act unfolds.
    More fuel for the fire.

Exactly.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

There are some self proclaimed "non-interventionist" on these very forums that are advocating air strikes on ISIS. The greatest propaganda machine in the world has struck again.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The media is obviously responsible. The only reporter I ever saw question the Cheney's of this world during the last few months was Meghan Kelly.
    Stop believing stupid things

yougov.com is based in London, according to whois data.

They want to fully deploy, have a surge, re-occupy Iraq, set up another puppet one-Iraq government, and spend another $4,000,000,000,000.00 and ten more years supporting and training them to "stand on their own".
    Gotta disagree with ya. Assad and his gov't is still the target and all of this ISIS stuff is propaganda to try to build US support for attacking (whether explicitly stated or not) the Syrian military.
    Last edited by devil21; 09-02-2014 at 02:59 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

"Bomb something, God damn it!" - Boobus.

Jewish - American?

<facepalm>

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    yougov.com is based in London, according to whois data.

Gotta disagree with ya. Assad and his gov't is still the target and all of this ISIS stuff is propaganda to try to build US support for attacking (whether explicitly stated or not) the Syrian military.
    I'm not so sure they are that devious. More likely their next chosen golden boy boogie man went off the reservation, and so ended up with a target on his back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    The media is obviously responsible. The only reporter I ever saw question the Cheney's of this world during the last few months was Meghan Kelly.
    2003: Washington Post ran 27 editorials in favor of Iraq invasion

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Maybe some but public appetite for militant interventions has greatly decreased in recent years.. although dem/leftist neecons/SWC drone's puppet masters have been quite artful in continuing foreign interventions under the radars.

The "actual" video here:

http://vidmax.com/video/85698-Video-...otloff-by-ISIS

Now... someone help me out here. The wind is blowing like a son-of-a-gun - both guy's clothes are blowing - but none of the plant-life in the background is moving a single pixel.

I am no video editor guy, but it sure looks to me like the background is a still photo.

Greenscreen?

also... look at 1:40. The beheader casts a shadow, but the beheaded does not?
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 09-02-2014 at 04:55 PM.

I'm not so sure they are that devious. More likely their next chosen golden boy boogie man went off the reservation, and so ended up with a target on his back.
    5 years was certainly optimistic but the rest has followed his speech. Only Syria, Lebanon and Iran left on the list and I've been seeing Lebanon creeping into the talking points lately.

Jewish - American?

<facepalm>
    Serious question. Have there been any journalists 'beheaded' that weren't Jewish? Nick Berg (contractor), Pearl, Foley, and this guy are the four I recall.
    Last edited by devil21; 09-04-2014 at 10:53 PM. Reason: added pearl
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    5 years was certainly optimistic but the rest has followed his speech. Only Syria, Lebanon and Iran left on the list and I've been seeing Lebanon creeping into the talking points lately.

Serious question. Have there been any journalists 'beheaded' that weren't Jewish? Nick Berg, Foley, and this guy are the three I recall.
    Well, sure, I never said they would stop going after Assad, I'm just saying I don't think this is a 'feint.' I think something went horribly wrong with the McCain/ISIS plan, and as a result IS decided to become legit enemies. Now everybody is freaking out. It's not a sleight of hand, I think it's an 'oops' somebody f'd up.

Who arms the mercenaries that get the letters? IS has heavy weapons and SAMs. Private US citizens can't own comparable weaponry and you can't give a letter of marque to foreigners.

I think if IS is to be taken out, you do it like this. Use all your satellite resources. Send in the spooks. Find out exactly where they are, their habits etc. Announce nothing to the press or public. Position special forces out of country quietly. Rain hell down on them and follow up with SF to kill the survivors. Leave, pull out all US troops and let the civil wars continue. Issue a statement that more threats or executions of US citizens will result in more actions.

You'll never get them all. Best you can hope for is to weaken them as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Who arms the mercenaries that get the letters? IS has heavy weapons and SAMs. Private US citizens can't own comparable weaponry and you can't give a letter of marque to foreigners.
    The full company of MARSOC supporting the Marque with Reprisal.

I think if IS is to be taken out, you do it like this. Use all your satellite resources. Send in the spooks. Find out exactly where they are, their habits etc. Announce nothing to the press or public. Position special forces out of country quietly. Rain hell down on them and follow up with SF to kill the survivors. Leave, pull out all US troops and let the civil wars continue. Issue a statement that more threats or executions of US citizens will result in more actions.

You'll never get them all. Best you can hope for is to weaken them as much as possible.
    No, but you can get a lot closer to 'all' than you might imagine if you approach it with a lackadaisical attitude. When it becomes obvious that the people only caught up in the tangents are getting released, then that 'all' figure will come even closer to full, as tangential people will stop being so afraid of getting caught up. The the holdouts you pretty much know are the ones in hiding, and you can jack up their bounties to the sky, if only just to demonstrate you had hands on them. Balance the threat to equal measure. Take down the threat network and only the threat network. Bounties and private collectors backed up by a hardened (and heavy) full company of MARSOC. A full MARSOC company can probably do to a place what an heavy battalion or a light regiment does, but here all of that force is laser-focused on prying out this Marque'd threat network.

American Thinker=Oxymoron
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

-Ahh... Scrap the plan, just blow something up!
    Fargo Flintlocke
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast