Thread: Gurley L. Martin, 90, Liberty Activist and Candidate Passed Away

Exclamation Gurley L. Martin, 90, Liberty Activist and Candidate Passed Away

This past weekend, the liberty movement lost a good friend.

Many of you know Gurley Martin as being a strong-headed liberty activist who ran for U.S. Senate against Rand and filed paperwork to run in many other Kentucky races.

Always the liberty activist, Gurley is perhaps best known for being the "other guy" to score 100% on his C4L survey and the guy who carried his filing paperwork and birth certificate to every single political function and debate.

There was hardly a political event in Kentucky that Gurley didn't attend and use as a platform to promote individual liberty, economic freedom and limited-constitutional government.

Gurley will be missed.

http://m.messenger-inquirer.com/obit....html?mode=jqm
    Words without actions are the assassins of idealism.
    Herbert Hoover

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gurley L. Martin, you will be remembered.

GLM has words of wisdom for Rand.

GLM will not be upstaged!

WTF? /smh

GLM @ 0:39 seconds in

RIP Gurley L. Martin
    Last edited by orenbus; 09-02-2014 at 11:33 AM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

I am sorry to hear this RIP

Rest in peace, sir.. I appreciated very much your passion for individual liberty
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

RIP
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Oh no. God rest your stalwart soul sir. You were a good friend and ally in the cause of liberty. The world is a better place because of you. Rest in peace.

May he rest in peace.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    RIP. He used to reply to my Facebook posts. I hadn't seen him in a long while.

Is Aratus ok?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

"We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

He will be missed. I still get a kick out of Gurley's reactions to Rand smacking down Trey Grayson during the debate. He was in the middle of the fire there.

I interacted regularly with Gurley on Fedbook, up until a few months ago when I was working 16+ hr a day. He was a good man with a good heart. He will be deeply missed.

RIP Gurley. You were an honorable man.

RIP G. Martin.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Awww. He was a great man. RIP.

Gurley was awesome, made me want to vote for him back in 2010 lol. RIP!