Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Take a Gander at America’s Most Heavily Armed Counties. The Ones That Aren’t on the Map Might

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Name an Indian tribe that fought on behalf of the Union which had screwed them so often.

Of course it's south of the Mason-Dixon.

The smiley indicating that this is rarely considered a disadvantage by anyone but Texans. And they tend to be a bit, well...

You've seen Dubya. You know what I mean. A bit, shall we say, sun baked..?

Quite correct, though some in Bloody Kansas wanted to paint the Mason-Dixon down the middle of the state.

Thought that's which county that was. They have to be ready in case the Clintons try to come back there.
    I guess that would explain the grits and okra.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    No stats are given at all on how this information was acquired.If some stranger on the phone asked you how many guns you own,what would you say?
    I was thinking **exactly** that same thing. I wouldn't be surprised - in fact, I would be willing to bet good money - that the actual number of firearm owners is two to three times the numbers being shown here.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Off to Juneau tomorrow.
    Are you armed and protecting yourself?
    "The Patriarch"

Off to Juneau tomorrow.

Juneau is probably the one town in Alaska where the gun ownership really is under 50%. A lot of loopy people there, but nice enough for all that.

And if you like beer, I highly recommend Juneau's own Alaska Amber. The brewery is right there in town.

Kanawha county WV only 23rd? I find that very difficult to believe. There must be some serious under-reporting going on, which only makes sense. In fact, I find it difficult to believe there are not a whole lot more of WV on that list as it is one of the most heavily armed states in the union.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Oh, the Blaze and its infatuation with Texas. Nobody is surprised.

Anyone know where this data comes from? I don't mean the website they link, but the original source. Like, where can I find more complete data of all US counties, or figure out how they got the numbers they did?

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Kanawha county WV only 23rd? I find that very difficult to believe. There must be some serious under-reporting going on, which only makes sense. In fact, I find it difficult to believe there are not a whole lot more of WV on that list as it is one of the most heavily armed states in the union.
    "One of the" most, meaning there are others equally or better armed. According to this list, which I know nothing about except that it came up in a google search, it's 5th. Plus I'm guessing WV has fewer counties than most other states.

Interestingly, by that same list, Louisiana is only in 13th place.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    What county is that? I am sooooooooooooooooo ready to blow the Mecklenburg County/Union County popstand .. Too many crooks, maggots, drug addicts running shotgun over those two counties.
    Franklin County, just North of Raleigh; but the liberty stronghold in NC, is East of 95.

another interesting correlation- Louisiana has 5 cities in the top 10 most happiest cities in america, armed people equal happy people?
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

According to the link http://www.city-data.com/county/Rapides_Parish-LA.html Rapides Parish is 64% white not of hispanic origin.
    Alexandria is 36% white. Since the ranking is based on the entire parish and the gun ownership not broken down by cities, we must go by the Parish number.

when you walk around rapides, it looks like a 50/50 mix. In alexandria- I'm a minority, still checking his privilege.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12