Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cloud Fail: Jennifer Lawrence Among Celebrities Exposed in Massive Nude Photo Leak

Cloud Fail: Jennifer Lawrence Among Celebrities Exposed in Massive Nude Photo Leak

The apparent leak of hundreds of naked photos purportedly belonging to more than 100 high-profile singers, actors and celebrities has raised questions of the safety and security of digital services.

On Sunday night, images of 101 high-profile stars, including Jennifer Lawrence, Ariana Grande, Victoria Justice, Kate Upton, Kim Kardashian, Rihanna, Kirsten Dunst and Selena Gomez, were posted on 4chan, an online image sharing forum, in an apparent hacking leak linked to the Apple iCloud service.

Although the involvement of iCloud has not been confirmed, anonymous users on 4chan (the image-sharing forum where the photos were first posted) claimed on Sunday to have taken them from the service.
    cont.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/josephst...for-all-of-us/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Edward Snowden claimed that NSA personnel would share nude images gathered by its online surveillance; regardless of the veracity of that claim, do you think a cloud provider will keep your materials from the NSA if it demands them?

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

"Hmmm, let me see...upload all my sensitive data to some remote 'cloud' server, where every idiot, cop and government hack can get his hands on it without me knowing, while I've got 2 gazillion gigabytes of unused digital storage right here in front of me...Sounds good! Oh and I have to pay for it as well? Bonus, sign me up!!!"

$#@!s...

So my photos on iCloud aren't safe?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

This thread is useless with out photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    So my photos on iCloud aren't safe?
    so what are u hiding?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nothing on a cloud....or smart phone is safe... are you really so naive to think that it ever was??????????

"Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation, I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand."
    - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

4Chan Scandal Tinged With a Heavy Dose of Irony

Anyone else getting a kick out of this 4Chan/iCloud Celebrity Photo scandal? So many privacy conscious citizens are lambasting the hacker but they are probably the same people who shrugged and told you to get over it, when the NSA monitoring was exposed. If you have to nothing to hide, why worry? Right?

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/1/609...celebrity-hack
    Last edited by AuH20; 09-01-2014 at 01:01 PM.

But, but it's different if government employees look at nipples...

Victoria Justice ✔ @VictoriaJustice
    Follow

These so called nudes of me are FAKE people. Let me nip this in the bud right now. *pun intended*

Um, no they aren't
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	olivia-munn-daily-show.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	3017
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

You have to love 4CHAN. Leak For JLaw..

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...k-9704379.html

Celebrities are outraged! Lawrence insists on an investigation. FBI neither confirms nor denies whether they are involved. Maybe the hacker will be thrown into the iron maiden after they catch him.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...ine-by-hacker/
    Last edited by AuH20; 09-01-2014 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    "Hmmm, let me see...upload all my sensitive data to some remote 'cloud' server, where every idiot, cop and government hack can get his hands on it without me knowing, while I've got 2 gazillion gigabytes of unused digital storage right here in front of me...Sounds good! Oh and I have to pay for it as well? Bonus, sign me up!!!"

$#@!s...
    Right? $#@! never made any sense to begin with. Which is pretty much $#@!ing mandatory if you want the masses to love it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Um, no they aren't
    The other irony is that after posting this twitter she attached a "YOU NEED JESUS" picture, after bearing false witness against her neighbor.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

$#@!s...
    But, but, it is the cloud. Everyone uses the cloud, you are just old, have an outmoded view of technology and are conspiracy theorist.

What you wrote exactly. People like that are also surprised when Facebook and Twitter can back to haunt them.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

I think this is pretty close to the truth -- the leaks are the result of various individuals hacking, trading, and amassing collections of these sorts of photos.

The anon-ib reference includes a place where people ask for "promising" iCloud accounts, as they use fake login pages, hacker's software, or some other means to crack into them and copy everything of interest.

Exmples: http://imgur.com/a/KDAX3

So the hardest part would probably be determining the storage account of a celebrity.
    Last edited by milgram; 09-01-2014 at 03:09 PM.

Cloud technology has its benefits, but I don't think it is ready for the commoner yet. Where it is at right now is like the old days of network computing, where there was a central mainframe that people could access from a terminal, and unless you knew what to do with a modem, you were only connecting to it at work.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Cloud technology has its benefits, but I don't think it is ready for the commoner yet. Where it is at right now is like the old days of network computing, where there was a central mainframe that people could access from a terminal, and unless you knew what to do with a modem, you were only connecting to it at work.
    The cloud reminds me of the days of the mainframe, what is old is new again. Centralization vs decentralization. I am thinking given enough high profile cloud failures, privacy issues, hacks and businesses worried about not being able to fully destroy data they want to keep hidden from the law-government, it will cycle back to decentralization.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    I didn't see any nudies.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    The cloud reminds me of the days of the mainframe, what is old is new again. Centralization vs decentralization. I am thinking given enough high profile cloud failures, privacy issues, hacks and businesses worried about not being able to fully destroy data they want to keep hidden from the law-government, it will cycle back to decentralization.
    Yes, people will start having desktops again, except they will be more powerful, and will be used as their own cloud server.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jennifer Lawrence is an actress that when I see a picture of her I think "I bet her farts smell really stank." Cher, Sharon Stone, Angelina Jolie and Cameron Diaz all share in this same feeling. And Charlize Theron. I don't think that Sandra Bullock, Scarlett Johansson or Jessica Alba's farts stank. I just don't have that feeling about their farts like I do the others.
    Anyway, just thought I'd share.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I didn't see any nudies.
    I didn't either,and I think I might have injured my finger hitting that link.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    I didn't either,and I think I might have injured my finger hitting that link.
    I wasted 10 minutes of my life searching for skin creme and tissues. Guess I'll just use my tissue to wipe the tears from my eyes from an errant link. Guess I'll just use the skin creme for....well hell it's here ain't it? Be back in 15 minutes!

I didn't see any nudies.
    They are probably on Reddit by now. There is no way they will be able to control the spread.

This happened to a lot of people. Seems Jennifer Lawrence is the only one being talked about. But multiple had their photos released. Including Kate Upton (and her boyfriend, MLB star pitcher Justin Verlander), Kirsten Dundst, Hope Solo, McKayla Maroney, Kaley Cuoco, etc.

I didn't see any nudies.
    The main leak thread got nuked. That link has 2-3 of them reposted. You need to click "reply" to expand threads on 4chan

-t

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    They are probably on Reddit by now. There is no way they will be able to control the spread.

This happened to a lot of people. Seems Jennifer Lawrence is the only one being talked about. But multiple had their photos released. Including Kate Upton (and her boyfriend, MLB star pitcher Justin Verlander), Kirsten Dundst, Hope Solo, McKayla Maroney, Kaley Cuoco, etc.
    I found 'em, most of them are bathroom selfies in a conservative one piece swimsuit. I've seen worse on the cover of People. Why do people take photos of themselves in the bathroom??

There were a few nudes but nothing shocking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast